Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Mario Harvey [Merge]

Coltsfanman1953

that's awesome! i wanted the Colts to pick him up in the draft. He is super fast for his size, although as a LB he can take some bad angles b/c he's used to getting somewhere on the field before his opponent does. when he doesn't make it to the point of attack he can run down RB's though. he'll start out on ST. look forward to seeing him hit some people.

http://www.nfldrafts...2011&genpos=ILB

Cool but come on Grigs, lets sign or atleast have a sit down with some of our own FAs.

I assume this is just a future contract signing (training camp fodder)? I don't believe Grigs can sit down with UFAs until the beginning of the FA period in March (am I mistaken)?

I just read in the local newspaper that the Colts signed Mario Harvey LB from Marshall University.

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's that time of year to sign these types of players. They are bodies for camp and some make it; most don't. Polian would have been signing these players as well at this time of the year.

that's awesome! i wanted the Colts to pick him up in the draft. He is super fast for his size, although as a LB he can take some bad angles b/c he's used to getting somewhere on the field before his opponent does. when he doesn't make it to the point of attack he can run down RB's though. he'll start out on ST. look forward to seeing him hit some people.

http://www.nfldrafts...2011&genpos=ILB

This dude is fast, idk anything about him but he's like a shorter version of manny lawson for the 49ers

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's that time of year to sign these types of players. They are bodies for camp and some make it; most don't. Polian would have been signing these players as well at this time of the year.

Agreed, but it does look like he's looking at ST players, which is a real weakness for us. I doubt if he or the kid from the CFL end up making the team as starters.

He will be a special teams player at best.

And if that's no true? I'm glad you know exactly where he'll play. Saves our scouts and (soon-to-be) coaches a lot of trouble. Oh, and does "at best" mean that Special Teams players can't be as good as the guys on offense and defense? Was it a slight to Harvey? Just curious...

Viewing those clips, he certainly does seem to have a nose for the ball. His play reminds me somewhat of Angerer. He always seems to be at the ball.

Could he possibly be used at OLB?

I love his nickname.... THUMPER.

Also, the fact that he was drafted/released by the Steelers makes me more interested than if he was on another team.

Pittsburgh is LOADED with LBs. This could be a good pickup, we shall see.

Agreed, but it does look like he's looking at ST players, which is a real weakness for us. I doubt if he or the kid from the CFL end up making the team as starters.

I agree; however I think the CFL kid could have the skills to transition to strong safety.