Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict THIS!!! Will the Colts Trade Down in the First Round and With Who?

WarGhost21

Will the Colts trade down in the first round and with who?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. ????

• Won't trade pick away
    • Buffalo Bills
    • New York Jets
    • Washington Redskins
    • Houston Texans
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Kansas City Cheifs
    • Arizona Cardinals
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Denver Broncos
    • Trade Up

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Looking at various highlight reels, Elliott certainly does a wonderful job of running straight through wide open holes or around the corner uncontested. 

Hyped Elliott + Hyped Seattle = Marriage Made in Heaven.

Go watch the Alabama game from 14 and their Michigan game from this year... The guy has excellent vision. Trust me, as a Buckeye fan, that 14 line was pretty much all underclassmen and not that great. He also didn't start until week 3 or 4 against Cincy that year and easily could have put up huge numbers.

I hope so. Right now, the most plausable scenario to me is Arizona moving up a few spots to get Lynch... 

Really, I think the most realistic scenario is that we stay put, but I hope we can get a good deal done... Denver would be the best team to swap 1st rounders with... We can grab Kelly and they would have to give up a lot to move up. 

6 hours ago, John Dee said:

The Colts will be able to trade down if they wish to...  someone will want a qb, if Cook n Lynch are still around at 18?   Green Bay needs a mlb bad maybe they would swap?    For Ragland?

Hey,  there you are!        Where have you been?!?

I haven't seen a post of yours in months?

Hoping you're well,  and wanted to let you know it's good to see you back here!       :thmup:

18 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Don't worry, those "highlights" you were watching will be no different than Sundays this fall..

Oh Elliott is a very good back.  I think he has very good vision.  It allows him to see the defender and take the proper step at the proper angle to avoid him and get through the hole or to the outside to maximize the run.

But I haven't seen any highlights of him stopping, then moving sideways quickly to avoid a defender, or lowering his shoulder and bouncing off of the defender to get another 5 to 10 yards.  In fact, I see a RB who tends to get tackled by the first defender that touches him.  That won't make for very long runs in the NFL.

Combine Ameer Abdullah's athleticism with Elliott's size and home run speed and then I'd say he deserves to be a top ten pick.

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hey,  there you are!        Where have you been?!?

I haven't seen a post of yours in months?

Hoping you're well,  and wanted to let you know it's good to see you back here!       :thmup:

Just been lurking..

I think the only way we trade down is if Paxton Lynch is still available.

- Bills are at pick 19

- Jets at pick 20

- Broncos at pick 31

I don't know how much of a smokescreen 'Bills eyeing a QB' is. But if perception is reality, the Jets might trade us and we could grab another 3rd rounder this year.

I can't read Elway very well. I tend to think he is not going to give up picks for Lynch, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, I don't think Lynch will still be on the board, and therefore, we won't have anyone with which we can trade down.

21 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Why do we keep getting paired with the Broncos?  Why would the Colts drop down 13 spots? 

If all that is left at the top of our board is someone like Ryan Kelly, you take the crapload of mid round picks Denver would have to give up to move up 13 spots..... then Draft Kelly at that spot....

Denver has picks 31, 63, 94, 144, 157, 228, and 235 that can be traded....They have picks 98, 136, 219 that can't.....

Using the standard draft pick value chart  as a basis..... Our #18 is worth 900.  Denver's 31 is worth 600.  

Denver's other picks are valued #63=276

#94=124

#144=34

#157=29

#228 and #235 next to nothing

Maybe if They really want Lynch or Cook, we could leverage a tiny bit of advantage from them skipping over the Jets and Bills......  Something like Indy trades #18 pick for Denver's #31, #63, #157, and swap our 7th with their #228.....  They could draft their future QB project, and we would be left with:

Rd. 1 pick 31 - 

Rd. 2 pick 17 (48)

Rd  2 pick 32 (63)

Rd  3 pick 19 (82)

Rd  4 pick 18 (116)

Rd  5 pick 17 (155)

Rd  5 pick 20 (157) - Atlanta forfeited pick 19 in the 5th for tampering                     Rd  7 pick 7   (228)

5 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Denver has picks 31, 63, 94, 144, 157, 228, and 235 that can be traded....They have picks 98, 136, 219 that can't.....

Using the standard draft pick value chart  as a basis..... Our #18 is worth 900.  Denver's 31 is worth 600.  

Denver's other picks are valued #63=276

#94=124

#144=34

#157=29

#228 and #235 next to nothing

Maybe if They really want Lynch or Cook, we could leverage a tiny bit of advantage from them skipping over the Jets and Bills......  Something like Indy trades #18 pick for Denver's #31, #63, #157, and swap our 7th with their #228.....  They could draft their future QB project, and we would be left with:

Rd. 1 pick 18 - 

Would you trade our 18th for their 31st and 63rd? I think I would. That would give us an extra pick and picking at 31 we could still potentially get a Good to Great O.Lineman or Pass rusher + that extra pick in Round 2 looks pretty sweet to me.

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

If all that is left at the top of our board is someone like Ryan Kelly, you take the crapload of mid round picks Denver would have to give up to move up 13 spots..... then Draft Kelly at that spot....

If Ryan Kelly is at the top of our board at #18, Grigson and Pagano should be fired the second we're on the clock.

19 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

If all that is left at the top of our board is someone like Ryan Kelly, 

it wont happen like this.  somebody will be there at 18.  according to the gurus there are about 18-20 "first round" graded players this year.

that means at least one of them has to fall to us.  really any defensive player in that group would probably be an upgrade over what we already have

we could take a tackle there too.

15 hours ago, IinD said:

Have we ever traded back in the first with Grigs?

nope.

his first round picks were-  luck, werner, traded a year early for TR, and dorsett

it is a little sad that two of them are gone, and dorsett hasnt done much yet

21 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

nope.

his first round picks were-  luck, werner, traded a year early for TR, and dorsett

it is a little sad that two of them are gone, and dorsett hasnt done much yet

I figured i'd ask but I don't remember him doing it, so going on his resume so far we'll pick at 18...probably

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

it wont happen like this.  somebody will be there at 18.  according to the gurus there are about 18-20 "first round" graded players this year.

that means at least one of them has to fall to us.  really any defensive player in that group would probably be an upgrade over what we already have

we could take a tackle there too.

I get that, but there will be players drafted in the top 20, who aren't in that consensus top 18-20 guys list...... we could very well be one of the teams that picks one of those guys lol

On 25/04/2016 at 6:07 PM, jbaron04 said:

We gonna sit tight and draft a pass rusher 

I hope so...

It's by far the most pressing need and pass rushers need to be taken early in the draft.

OL can be mid to late picks and still be good.