Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Courtney Upshaw and Scott Chandler

Whatever happened to the negotiations on these players? Rumors have been floating around since last week, and I doubt many if any teams are chomping at the pit to sign them.

IMO Chandler would be a good replacement for Fleener. The former is 30 now, but will likely only draw a $2-3 million a year contract max, and would be a good 6'7'' target in the red zone. Upshaw would be a good replacement in Walden in a year.

I also have a feeling that we'll be signing Laurinitis.

44 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

We'll likely sign people who were cut like the aforementioned Chandler and Laurenitis. That way they don't affect our comp picks for losing Fleener, Freeman, and Lowry. It makes me vomit but i get the feeling Toler will be back for a cheap one year deal.

I was thinkIng the same thing about Toler as well, and I to threw up In the back of my mouth a bit haha.

To the best of my knowledge,  we have not been linked with Laurinitis....    

I don't think we need Chandler.    His game is not Fleeners.    His game is more Doyle or Allen    And we have Doyle and Allen.

I'm expecting Upshaw when the team feels like the time is right.....     I'm assuming somewhere down the road...

no and no, im happy with doyle and perhaps swoope or mgrath behind allen. Upshaw is just...not worth it, at this point it looks like Grigson is not signing anybody and we are rolling with who we have and the draft, and i am trying as hard as i can to get on board with that

Upshaw is a solid player not a pass rusher but solid player and with Walden's contract up next year i'd have no problem signing him to take over next year and draft a rush passer as well. considering mathis and cole's contracts are up do that means we will already have cover for next year and it won't be such a problem.

7 hours ago, IrishColt22 said:

Upshaw is a solid player not a pass rusher but solid player and with Walden's contract up next year i'd have no problem signing him to take over next year and draft a rush passer as well. considering mathis and cole's contracts are up do that means we will already have cover for next year and it won't be such a problem.

I see Upshaw as just that, next year taking Waldens position. 

12 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

im hoping your being sarcastic lol, i would let Smith start on the outside over Toler any day of the week

Smith was so awful in the one practice that I saw, I would put that into the be careful what you wish for category.

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Upshaw is a young and solid player.  I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a better pass rusher than Newsome or Werner. 

Dear Lord...

Upshaw has 5 sacks in his 4-year career.  At this point you can say he is not a better pass rusher than either of them, which is saying alot.

In Baltimore he was strictly a run stopper and edge setter like Walden.  With us I would expect him to be in the rotation with Cole and Mathis.  I never said he was a better pass rusher. But I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be better since both of them eventually turned out to be busts.  Upshaw is much better than either of those guys no matter which side he lines up on.

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Smith was so awful in the one practice that I saw, I would put that into the be careful what you wish for category.

would you really want Toler getting burned left and right for another season or hope you dont regret what you wished for, we already know what Toler can do so ill take my chances on Smith

On 3/12/2016 at 7:51 PM, rock8591 said:

Whatever happened to the negotiations on these players? Rumors have been floating around since last week, and I doubt many if any teams are chomping at the pit to sign them.

IMO Chandler would be a good replacement for Fleener. The former is 30 now, but will likely only draw a $2-3 million a year contract max, and would be a good 6'7'' target in the red zone. Upshaw would be a good replacement in Walden in a year.

I also have a feeling that we'll be signing Laurinitis.

We are dead if we want someone worse than Walden being a starter here.
 I do agree as of now we will have red zone problems.