Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mind Blowing Truth RE PM Accuser

19colt

34 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Its entirely plausible for any female to be harassed in a locker room.  But the incident (or incidents) that have occurred under the current UT admin have nothing to do with the UT administration of 20 years ago.  They aren't the same people

I don't know about any lockeroom.  With regard to long standing issues at UT, 20 years is relevant

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't know about any lockeroom.  With regard to long standing issues at UT, 20 years is relevant

Young boys and females in the locker room could be dangerous anywhere if certain precautions arent in place.

As far as UT, different staff from the president on down in every sport.   

39 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Young boys and females in the locker room could be dangerous anywhere if certain precautions arent in place.

Agree to disagree on the whole locker room issue.  That's a whole other conversation.

But, a change in staff doesn't necessarily meant that the culture changed.  To me my impression is that the culture was not great then and may well be much worse now.  That's for a jury to decide.  But Universities have long had issues like these so, I still think it's relvant

4 hours ago, bayone said:

no idea why u r quoted at all , sorry

Bruce Arians backs Peyton Manning, calls allegations 'sensationalism'

Story & listen to video, UT want PM's name stricken from current suit against them for lack of evidence

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25495192/bruce-arians-defends-peyton-manning-calls-allegations-sensationalism

I appreciate coach Bruce saying this....he didnt have to.

Thanks

'B'

On 2/24/2016 at 11:46 PM, 19colt said:

The truth is starting to come out. Fox (through Clay Travis) and twitter have been all over this. Maybe the big boys will finally catch on now:

http://bsndenver.com/the-mind-blowing-truth-about-peyton-mannings-accuser/

She is what we thought she is a gold digging liar looking for a payday & Shaun King race baiter Cam fan who wanted to add his own agenda to the drama queens accusations two real losers .

What a difference a week makes . Where did all the haters go ?  I wonder if any mia copa's are in the works ?  Some here were very vocal I expect being wrong will mean they'll just have to find another way to demean & downplay 18's accomplishments , Good Luck Haters you failed & were made to look  simple &  gullible .

18 was tried & convicted here on these boards by people who failed to read the info posted steadfastly repeating what Shaun King reported, this day is vindication for those who had a open mind and followed the facts .

Slices of Crow Pie are no being served ..:sip: 

Sadly none of that matters the damage is done nobody is going to apologize or admit they handled this terribly.

I think PM will retire after he's released by the Broncos "LeBron style" (where he just writes his retirement speech and have it on a website/publication) and just move on with his life. 

That's the best thing for him to do at this point.

3 hours ago, Nadine said:

Agree to disagree on the whole locker room issue.  That's a whole other conversation.

But, a change in staff doesn't necessarily meant that the culture changed.  To me my impression is that the culture was not great then and may well be much worse now.  That's for a jury to decide.  But Universities have long had issues like these so, I still think it's relvant

I agree the culture was not great back then & if justice had been the motive instead of financial gain a jury would have decided the 1996 incident  & not 20 years & many more victims later in the court of public opinion .

Universities have big money & it allows them to sweep things under the rug whether true or false accusations are easy to make with long lasting effects .

What was missing from the previous story was balance & in her own words we have that now  & she is a for real Do-ser ..

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

From what I gather she was playing along with the training room and or locker room banter. Just as most females can control a lot of things like this if it were nipped in the bud at the beginning. Guys only get by with  what they think they can get by with. It seems she was fine with all the stuff till she decided to use it to make money.

And none of that will get the attention that this story got a couple weeks ago with Shaun King. The tragic thing is that he made this lunatic the face of sexual assault victims and in turn made a complete mockery of a legit problem in college campuses right now.

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I agree the culture was not great back then & if justice had been the motive instead of financial gain a jury would have decided the 1996 incident  & not 20 years & many more victims later in the court of public opinion .

Universities have big money & it allows them to sweep things under the rug whether true or false accusations are easy to make with long lasting effects .

What was missing from the previous story was balance & in her own words we have that now  & she is a for real Do-ser ..

I'm talking about the dead spin article not in particular about Peyton Manning.  She relayed a number of stories about other people and events that sounded very plausible, especially for a first ever female trainer in that program.  Most, if not all of it happened outside the locker room.  Just saying, it sounds like there could have been harassment there.  However she handled it or spun out of control afterwards......I cannot discount everything she says. Women coming forward now will tell the story, we'll see

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I'm talking about the dead spin article not in particular about Peyton Manning.  She relayed a number of stories about other people and events that sounded very plausible, especially for a first ever female trainer in that program.  Most, if not all of it happened outside the locker room.  Just saying, it sounds like there could have been harassment there.  However she handled it or spun out of control afterwards......I cannot discount everything she says. Women coming forward now will tell the story, we'll see

The women coming forward now we're infants when the manning incident occurred 

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

She is what we thought she is a gold digging liar looking for a payday & Shaun King race baiter Cam fan who wanted to add his own agenda to the drama queens accusations two real losers .

What a difference a week makes . Where did all the haters go ?  I wonder if any mia copa's are in the works ?  Some here were very vocal I expect being wrong will mean they'll just have to find another way to demean & downplay 18's accomplishments , Good Luck Haters you failed & were made to look  simple &  gullible .

18 was tried & convicted here on these boards by people who failed to read the info posted steadfastly repeating what Shaun King reported, this day is vindication for those who had a open mind and followed the facts .

Slices of Crow Pie are no being served ..:sip: 

Actually I think most, nearly all here supported Manning.

I think there was one that didn't

Not sure how you count me but I didn't try and convict anyone

My thing is that I don't really think you can try and convict this woman, not completely anyway

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

The women coming forward now we're infants when the manning incident occurred 

Yes this trial is about rape

Their charge, in addition to rape, is that there long standing culture at that university that contributed to this.  

4 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Yes this trial is about rape

Their charge, in addition to rape, is that there long standing culture at that university that contributed to this.  

But as far as I know no other women are coming forward from that era.  So what happened in the 90's has no bearing on what has happened in the last few years.   It's also the reason Manning's name is going to be removed from the title 9 lawsuit 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

But as far as I know no other women are coming forward from that era.  So what happened in the 90's has no bearing on what has happened in the last few years.   It's also the reason Manning's name is going to be removed from the title 9 lawsuit 

I heard that the University asked his name to be removed.  Don't know that that has has happened.

I don't know if no one else is coming forward.  We'll see

In any event, the trial should reveal information about the University and how they handled the current situation.  

11 minutes ago, grmasterb said:

Her laugh is annoying.

How many people has she sued in her lifetime? I really don't know the answer to that one. Sometimes when you come across the wrong person and play a prank or think you have done something harmless it can back fire on you if that person has mental problems. In Peyton's case he probably thought what he did was harmless at the time but then..........

24 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I heard that the University asked his name to be removed.  Don't know that that has has happened.

In any event, the trial should reveal information about the University and how they handled the current situation.  

"On Tuesday, Tennessee moved to strike Manning’s name from the suit , saying it’s “immaterial” and “doesn’t involve the plaintiffs.” Lawyers for the women who filed suit should concede the point. It doesn’t strengthen the case and may even hurt their chances of courtroom success. Including Manning was a serious miscalculation — for two reasons. From a practical standpoint, it has us fixated on two decades ago while ignoring the current rape allegations. From a legal standpoint, it invites real trouble."

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

"On Tuesday, Tennessee moved to strike Manning’s name from the suit , saying it’s “immaterial” and “doesn’t involve the plaintiffs.” Lawyers for the women who filed suit should concede the point. It doesn’t strengthen the case and may even hurt their chances of courtroom success. Including Manning was a serious miscalculation — for two reasons. From a practical standpoint, it has us fixated on two decades ago while ignoring the current rape allegations. From a legal standpoint, it invites real trouble."

I know, Peyton doesn't have anything to do with what these clowns do or have done today or in recent history at Tennessee.

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

yes I read that.  The hubub around manning distracted from the real issue.  But that does not mean that there isn't a problem at the university nor does it mean that there has not been a problem for some time.

We'll see if the Lawyers for the women who filed the suite will concede.  Rape is the current issue,.  But the university's role will be addressed with or without the historical issues. There are charges addressing how they handled this. I'm don't know if you've read anything about this case but, reportedly an athlete assisted the woman that was raped and encouraged her to report it.  He was later assaulted by other athletes, allegedly not once, but twice and the second time witnessed by a university employee, a trainer I think

That's what I'm referring to

8 hours ago, Nadine said:

University says Peyton's is name should be removed  basically due to lack of evidence regarding this current suit

9 hours ago, Nadine said:

yes I read that.  The hubub around manning distracted from the real issue.  But that does not mean that there isn't a problem at the university nor does it mean that there has not been a problem for some time.

We'll see if the Lawyers for the women who filed the suite will concede.  Rape is the current issue,.  But the university's role will be addressed with or without the historical issues. There are charges addressing how they handled this. I'm don't know if you've read anything about this case but, reportedly an athlete assisted the woman that was raped and encouraged her to report it.  He was later assaulted by other athletes, allegedly not once, but twice and the second time witnessed by a university employee, a trainer I think

That's what I'm referring to

Yes,  I've read about the current issues.  I just don't see how you're making a connection from that to the staff from 20 years ago

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Yes,  I've read about the current issues.  I just don't see how you're making a connection from that to the staff from 20 years ago

If you don't think that there is any possibility that the University had a role in this then I could see that you would not see a connection.  But I think that it's quite possible that they do and it's likely been that way for some time and that it spiraled.  As I said, I thought the allegations made against the university 20 years ago sounded credible, even if you exclude the Manning incident, what she said was troubling.   In other words, I suspect these are not isolated incidents that had nothing to do with the University. And I do think that the statements 20  years ago support that something was wrong back then.

The connection between twenty years ago and today appears to be a pattern of tolerating harassment.

4 minutes ago, Nadine said:

If you don't think that there is any possibility that the University had a role in this then I could see that you would not see a connection.  But I think that it's quite possible that they do and it's likely been that way for some time and that it spiraled.  As I said, I thought the allegations made against the university 20 years ago sounded credible, even if you exclude the Manning incident, what she said was troubling.   In other words, I suspect these are not isolated incidents that had nothing to do with the University. And I do think that the statements 20  years ago support that something was wrong back then.

The connection between twenty years ago and today appears to be a pattern of tolerating harassment.

I have no doubt the current administration played a role in covering up some of these acts.  My point is the administration from 20 years ago is gone.   There was one accuser from then with 33 allegations.  If it were a bastion of sexual harassment back then,   why is she the only one to make any allegations?  

A pattern of behavior would have to involve some of the same people.   Everyone that worked there 20 years ago is gone.   They can't be blamed for things that are/were happening there now.  

Deputies were called to Naughright’s home again on Nov. 29, 2014, this time in response to a domestic disturbance complaint.

Naughright said that she was drinking at her house watching football with a man she had met the month before at a local hospital after “they were admitted under the provisions of a law enforcement Baker Act.”

In Florida, the Baker Act is used to provide individuals with mental health treatment.

“Altercation began over the fact Naughright had filed a law suite [sic] against Peyton Manning, the quarter back for the Denver Broncos,” the report states.

“Naughright stated [the man] was a fan of Peyton Manning and did not agree with the law suite [sic] and she wanted him Baker Acted and out her residence.”

The man left the residence with no report of violence against Naughright. She called the sheriff’s office hours later, however, claiming that the man had been making harassing phone calls. When the deputies arrived, Naughright instructed them to get off of her property. She also claimed that she had contacted The New York Times and News Channel 8, a local station, “and made them aware of the on-going situation.”

Naughright became agitated, according to the report, calling the deputies “freaks” and then activating the panic alarm on her home security system.

-----

Stokes told TheDC on Thursday that Manning’s attorneys contacted him about the audio and that he plans to turn it over.

With her public statements about Manning — both in Stokes’ recording and in her argument with the man at her house in Nov. 2014 — Naughright may have violated the non-disclosure agreement she signed with the quarterback years ago.

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Deputies were called to Naughright’s home again on Nov. 29, 2014, this time in response to a domestic disturbance complaint.

Naughright said that she was drinking at her house watching football with a man she had met the month before at a local hospital after “they were admitted under the provisions of a law enforcement Baker Act.”

In Florida, the Baker Act is used to provide individuals with mental health treatment.

“Altercation began over the fact Naughright had filed a law suite [sic] against Peyton Manning, the quarter back for the Denver Broncos,” the report states.

“Naughright stated [the man] was a fan of Peyton Manning and did not agree with the law suite [sic] and she wanted him Baker Acted and out her residence.”

The man left the residence with no report of violence against Naughright. She called the sheriff’s office hours later, however, claiming that the man had been making harassing phone calls. When the deputies arrived, Naughright instructed them to get off of her property. She also claimed that she had contacted The New York Times and News Channel 8, a local station, “and made them aware of the on-going situation.”

Naughright became agitated, according to the report, calling the deputies “freaks” and then activating the panic alarm on her home security system.

-----

Stokes told TheDC on Thursday that Manning’s attorneys contacted him about the audio and that he plans to turn it over.

With her public statements about Manning — both in Stokes’ recording and in her argument with the man at her house in Nov. 2014 — Naughright may have violated the non-disclosure agreement she signed with the quarterback years ago.

That lady is severely mentality unstable 

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I have no doubt the current administration played a role in covering up some of these acts.  My point is the administration from 20 years ago is gone.   There was one accuser from then with 33 allegations.  If it were a bastion of sexual harassment back then,   why is she the only one to make any allegations?  

A pattern of behavior would have to involve some of the same people.   Everyone that worked there 20 years ago is gone.   They can't be blamed for things that are/were happening there now.  

This.  Inserting Peyton's name and case into this suit is distracting from the current issue at hand.  Everyone wants to make this about Peyton and his case, when there are indeed bigger issues.  

Could be a pattern of behavior and coverup from the University for years. :dunno:    I read somewhere that there are 124 universities currently under investigation for such behavior.   The reason this University is getting so much attention is partly due to the fact that the incident from 20 years ago is getting much more attention and publicity than the current problem at hand.

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

-----

HMM  interesting. 

25 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I'm not so sure it is credible though.  1 woman, 33 allegations, but yet she never went to the NCAA or the cops? She always went to the news or to lawyers?  Sounds like she was on a fishing expedition of sorts, for money/fame. 

Now before you brand me as sexist or whatever, as an investigator, I just can't wrap my mind around this one, one way or the other, far too many question marks on BOTH sides of the lines, course we only have the media reports and attorney filings, not an actual investigation either way, unless I've missed something.

There has been documented cases before where women have targeted Div 1 athletes and schools trying to get money in settlements.  Its currently happening in Harvard to a wrestler who is being accused of rape and the victim is suing him and school. However, he kept the text messages from her, OFFERING sex, then she started demanding stuff the next day, 3 days later, she sends him a text saying she never consented to sex and that he raped her.  School expelled him and revoked his schoolarships.  Now tell me it doesn't happen.

48 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think it has to involve the same people.  It could be a culture at the university that tolerated harassment.  Culture persists as people move on. The individual people possibly involved could have been empowered by that culture and the culture, is what I'm talking about.

As far as her being the only one, keep in mind that she was the first female trainer.  She could have been the canary in the coal mine.  Time will tell

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

I don't think it has to involve the same people.  I could be a culture at the university that tolerated harassment.  Culture persists as people move on. The individual people possibly involved could have been empowered by that culture and the culture, is what I'm talking about.

As far as her being the only one, keep in mind that she was the first female trainer.  She could have been the canary in the coal mine.  Time will tell

Could be.   Also could be she was a cuckoo bird from the get-go.   It's been documented that she has a long history of mental issues...  Did she have them before that job ~ or after ~  is my question?

In any event,   I understand what you and @jvan1973 are both saying.  And yes, time will tell.  This is not isolated at UT.   Things of this nature are happening at Universities all across the Country.   I agree it's not right and it's not acceptable,  But I don't believe it's exclusive to UT.

37 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

This is not isolated at UT.   Things of this nature are happening at Universities all across the Country.   I agree it's not right and it's not acceptable,  But I don't believe it's exclusive to UT

True, Universities policing themselves for this is a conflict of interest. At least I think so.  They have motivation to minimize assault incidents and statistics. And I believe that they do.  I know personally of one rape at a small college that was handled much to the detriment of the victim.  

Also there are incidents of this in the military, who also police themselves and have motivation to disregard and dismiss.

All of this is secondary to the current events, which, if true, are quite terrible.  But, I suspect we'll see some changes as a result of this trial, not just at UT but at all colleges and Universities.  Don't get me wrong, I worked at a University for several years and had a good experience there personally.  No more sexism than existed in the general community.  But, there were a lot of women in that department.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

-----

I honestly hope Manning sues and shuts her down.

14 minutes ago, Restored said:

He has nothing to gain.   I'm sure she is broke.   Suing her will just keep in the public eye longer.   I'm not sure if criminal charges can be brought for violating a gag order.  Maybe a contempt charge. 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He has nothing to gain.   I'm sure she is broke.   Suing her will just keep in the public eye longer.   I'm not sure if criminal charges can be brought for violating a gag order.  Maybe a contempt charge. 

I know. It's just the vengeful side of me coming out lol.

46 minutes ago, Nadine said:

True, Universities policing themselves for this is a conflict of interest. At least I think so.  They have motivation to minimize assault incidents and statistics. And I believe that they do.  I know personally of one rape at a small college that was handled much to the detriment of the victim.  

Also there are incidents of this in the military, who also police themselves and have motivation to disregard and dismiss.

All of this is secondary to the current events, which, if true, are quite terrible.  But, I suspect we'll see some changes as a result of this trial, not just at UT but at all colleges and Universities.  Don't get me wrong, I worked at a University for several years and had a good experience there personally.  No more sexism than existed in the general community.  But, there were a lot of women in that department.

I understand now why you've been so vested in this subject.   I would be too.   Rape is a problem that has been going on, and covered up, for a very long time.  

40 minutes ago, Restored said:

I honestly hope he takes the high road and keeps revenge out of it.  I think others are doing a good job of exposing this woman, and I seriously personally  think she needs some help.

27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The only thing he would have to gain, is restoring his good reputation.   However, those that don't want him to have a good reputation are not ever going to change their minds.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

In one of the few times you'll ever hear me say this, this is one of the areas where social media and smartphones have really helped us evolve.  With technology shining a light on anyone who possesses it and a medium where anyone can be heard, it's spread awareness of something that has always been a quiet crime.  To be clear, I think people react too much to some things, not enough to others, spread awareness of things that are less important, and not enough of others that require the attention.  But on this issue, it has been everything you hope technology and social media to be.  Unfortunately, the "victim" is not always clear and because of that, people get dragged through the mud that don't deserve it, but that's always been the case with these types of he said she said stories of sexual assault.  

But at least for now, thankfully, people are becoming more aware and as a result, doing more about it.  You just hope that justice tempered by common sense prevails in the end.