Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Clady

oldunclemark

20 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

WE have to upgrade the entire line.......we can draft rookies and hope or we can take a chance.

You need TWO above average tackles

Yeah go and get another Gosder Cherilus who can't stay on the field Mark.

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Yeah go and get another Gosder Cherilus who can't stay on the field Mark.

Clady is not Gosder. First, he's much better, when healthy. Second, the nature of his injuries is entirely different.

But yes, Clady's injury history is a huge turnoff, for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Clady is not Gosder. First, he's much better, when healthy. Second, the nature of his injuries is entirely different.

But yes, Clady's injury history is a huge turnoff, for obvious reasons.

Exactly what I'm saying.  I'm not talking about a degenerative knee or anything of the sort. I'm talking about him being able to stay on the field.  Just the history in general.  And just like others have mentioned I don't think we've paid Costanzo left tackle money just to go and move him to right tackle. 

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

STOP

STOP

STOP

QUIT signing often injured players. I don't care how good they are,  because if they only are on the field for 2 series out of the entire season, it's a waste of time, money and a roster spot. 

Which is why we shouldn't resign Allen or Bradshaw or Jones.

Maybe Clady comes back good but 2 IR seasons out of 3....screw that. PASS 

I thought you were going to break out into a Hollies song there for a moment.

Pass, Don't need a potentally expensive experimental RT  waswhos coming off injuries who also before that even in my opinion (and I don't have stats to back this up, Just my own eyes) not a real good run blocker.

Who we need is Center Stefen Wisniewski. Also I would not mind if we brought in Jeff Allen from the Chiefs if by chance they don't re-sign him but Im sure they will

8 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

He has been below average in all but his contract year. It really is that simple.
 Top 3 in sacks allowed his 1st 2 seasons with plenty of pressure.
 If you watched, he was the slowest man off the snap those years. He did fix that in year 3 but he ended up as PFF 22nd rated T in pass protection his 3rd season.

The year before his contract year, his 3rd season, he and Cherilous were PFF 3rd worst rated T tandem.
Now many take their ratings as much less than perfect, surely there was Something in the #`s.
And it was AC who had far worse numbers than Gos.
He had over 70 hurries. That is insane! Andrew couldn`t take a 5 step drop with ANY hesitation without
AC or his man making physical contact. Same for in the shotgun.
  His numbers were good his contract year because D-Coordinators were able to get huge pressure everywhere else along the line so his man mostly went straight at him and protected against Andrew escaping left, which is a well proven tendency of his.
 They unleashed on him again this season, and he often struggled. You can quote him on that.

I agree with you. AC didn't improve this past season until we moved Jack back to LG. We should be asking him to take a pay cut. Each year on this forum it's brought up about him moving to RT for a reason. If we draft a tackle in the first round I'd be fine with it. 

On 1/31/2016 at 6:07 PM, oldunclemark said:

That's way to go...but we need to upgrade the entire line.

We've talked about that for years....and we paid for a mediocre line last year.

I think we need to stack high quality players on the O-line..

the idea that we only need one or two new starters is faulty to me

As far as the players go, Mewhort and Costanzo are solid, and do not need to be replaced or upgraded. Holmes is terrible, Reitz is ok/servicable. Good seems to have some potential, but probably isn't ready to be plugged in as a full-time starter. Fix C and RG, bring in another pick at RT to add some depth/create some competition, and the line would be vastly improved.

Coaching wise, I have confidence that Philbin will coach them up get the most out of whatever group ends up on the field come week 1, and hopefully all of those pesky false start penalties and holding calls are a thing of the past.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, krunk said:

Our main needs are G and Center

(This is just assuming we can't spend much in FA retaining some key components that we would otherwise lose).

I would move Reitz to starting RG, draft a RT first round and a C by round 3.  That leaves us room to get a good pass rusher in round 2. 

Or we can Keep Reitz at RT (not preferably), let Goode work for another year, and draft ILB round 1 RG round 2 C round 3.  This way would address all of our needs also.

However I believe we can let go Johnson, Cole, Toler, Walden, (plus a few other smaller cap guys) and perhaps have plenty of money to be aggressive in FA.