Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

He said some positive things about the Browns this week, but I still think he'll opt out. Whether he leaves after that is another story, but he'll want to get some more guaranteed money while he still can.

If he hits free agency, I'd like to see him come to Indy.

Im torn on this a little.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have Mack, but cost will be high and I know he is a pro bowler but age is starting to be a factor. I might be leaning more towards liking the idea of drafting a Kelly or

Martin and having them pair with Luck for many more years.  Then we can spend higher dollars on other
positions of need. 

40 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

just curious.....I know he'd still be an upgrade over what is currently available on the team. But would his play the past year or 2 justify the massive payday the Colts would give him?

I haven't been able to see how he's done lately.

He was hurt last year. Had a pretty good year in 2015.

If he opts out we need to go all in for him. If we could sign him and draft Whitehair then our OL would be possibly top 5. Or I wouldn't mind if we signed Mack and signed a guard like Jeff Allen, Ramon Foster, or Brandon Brooks. Best case scenario would be signing Mack and Osemele both. Then drafting all D. We'd still probably have enough money to sign a good corner too. Then I'd draft  a pass rusher in the 1st and 2nd both.

On 1/30/2016 at 10:50 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I agree. Would be nice to give Luck a Jeff Saturday for at least 5 years or so. 

Not just Luck's Saturday, but the whole OLine's Saturday!!!

The Center is the leader of the Oline and calls out schemes and blitzes to help the the rest of the oline.  I really hope we sign Mack and Osemele. and if Goode develops at RT.... Oh my!!!  I need to calm down, I'm getting excited

Picture this:  LT Castanzo, LG Mewhort, C Mack, RG Osemele, RT Goode

On 2/2/2016 at 11:34 AM, Kyle said:

Not just Luck's Saturday, but the whole OLine's Saturday!!!

The Center is the leader of the Oline and calls out schemes and blitzes to help the the rest of the oline.  I really hope we sign Mack and Osemele. and if Goode develops at RT.... Oh my!!!  I need to calm down, I'm getting excited

Picture this:  LT Castanzo, LG Mewhort, C Mack, RG Osemele, RT Goode

I'm interested to see what type of blocking scheme we run this year.  If we run zone I believe they'll have Good lose about 20-25lbs and add some muscle.  I want to see how he moves with the added muscle and weight loss.  If we continue to play mostly power I think the Colts see an Andre Smith type of potential in him with some work. Coincidentally they gave him the same jersey number.  He's got good ability, we just need to trim him up a little bit and add some muscle.  Refine the technique and fundamentals.  When he gets his hands on people he pretty much stops them, just needs to continue to work on the nuances of the position.  I still think Reitz probably should be the starter for now, but I'm sure a situation will arise during the season where Good will have to come in.  I think we are okay with Reitz and Good if we can solidify the interior by adding Mack or Osemele.   I think we are probably best served to fill both of those positions with quality Free Agents. 

I think it may be easiest to get Mack, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to get Osemele because I think the Ravens will find a way to retain his services.  If you don't get Osemele you definitely need to make sure you add an experienced FA guard that's quality.  From there I think we need to focus on adding a real nice young athletic guard in the draft. Somebody that's versatile enough to play Guard and Tackle, or one of those Jack of All Trades type of guys that can play every spot on the line.  Maybe you want to look at drafting a Center who also has the ability to play guard.  Either way I think we need to look at picking up 2 lineman out of this draft although I do not feel we need to select someone who is just a straight up tackle and nothing else.  Also don't think we need to select one in the first round.

20 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm interested to see what type of blocking scheme we run this year.  If we run zone I believe they'll have Good lose about 20-25lbs and add some muscle.  I want to see how he moves with the added muscle and weight loss.  If we continue to play mostly power I think the Colts see an Andre Smith type of potential in him with some work. Coincidentally they gave him the same jersey number.  He's got good ability, we just need to trim him up a little bit and add some muscle.  Refine the technique and fundamentals.  When he gets his hands on people he pretty much stops them, just needs to continue to work on the nuances of the position.  I still think Reitz probably should be the starter for now, but I'm sure a situation will arise during the season where Good will have to come in.  I think we are okay with Reitz and Good if we can solidify the interior by adding Mack or Osemele.   I think we are probably best served to fill both of those positions with quality Free Agents. 

I think it may be easiest to get Mack, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to get Osemele because I think the Ravens will find a way to retain his services.  If you don't get Osemele you definitely need to make sure you add an experienced FA guard that's quality.  From there I think we need to focus on adding a real nice young athletic guard in the draft. Somebody that's versatile enough to play Guard and Tackle, or one of those Jack of All Trades type of guys that can play every spot on the line.  Maybe you want to look at drafting a Center who also has the ability to play guard.  Either way I think we need to look at picking up 2 lineman out of this draft although I do not feel we need to select someone who is just a straight up tackle and nothing else.  Also don't think we need to select one in the first round.

Im not sure the Ravens will able to afford Osemel since they already gave Marshall Yanda a big deal and need a lot of help elsewhere.

I think a top notch center will change the entire makeup of the O-line. This is the gaping hole that keeps things from working. Pay the money to Mack and the O-line will move from a handicap to a net positive. He's worth the money. Also, draft a good center around the fourth round to groom for the future. Life is good. 

On 1/29/2016 at 3:05 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Getting Mack would be tremendous for the Colts.

I hope he opts out.      And I hope we sign him on the first day of free agency.

If he opts out we don't have to wait until the start of free agency because he is a vested veteran. You dig?