Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not so 'Super' weather

oldunclemark

I'm trying to find a forecast that says it wont rain most of Super week in SF...

Upper 50s ..low 60s and rain most days.  Rain and a wet field would favor Carolina......slower....bigger...stronger.

Maybe the forecast changes.... I just assumed all year the weather in SF would be good for the big Bowl

I think I heard it almost always rains a lot in SF the first few weeks of February. But, it's hard to predict it.

I think that it hurts the fan fun more then anything if this happens. 

In the 2006 SB the Colts heavily relied on the running game and well Rex Grossman lol. But, man that was a wash out at times on the field........total rain storm at times in Miami.

I think this could be a smash mouthed type of game too. Panthers have even had brawls in recent years on the field, it has happened vs. the Saints. The Panthers O vs. Broncos D is where I think potential fireworks can happen.

I don't do superstitions anymore though. I used to have tons of them for the Colts and threw them all out the window a few years ago and felt silly about it. They never worked after a while anymore.

It did rain also this year when the Colts lost to the Panthers in OT.

I think if it rains it is just going to kill the fan fun more then anything.

36 minutes ago, Jules said:

By next week there will be hurricane conditions developing in California. 

I'd stay far away from California then, not that people don't fantasize about that state dropping into the ocean enough in movies :).

They may call it "Hurricane Cameron".

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd stay far away from California then, not that people don't fantasize about that state dropping into the ocean enough in movies :).

They may call it "Hurricane Cameron".

Oh man I know, all the doom scenarios are often out of control for California stuff. Conspiracy folks love California and especially SF doom. Earthquakes especially.

Of course yeah I am joking about the hurricane. And kinda early to know the exact weather anyway. Someone once did tell me that it can rain off and on a lot the first two weeks of February in SF though.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

I think I heard it almost always rains a lot in SF the first few weeks of February. But, it's hard to predict it.

I think that it hurts the fan fun more then anything if this happens. 

In the 2006 SB the Colts heavily relied on the running game and well Rex Grossman lol. But, man that was a wash out at times on the field........total rain storm at times in Miami.

I think this could be a smash mouthed type of game too. Panthers have even had brawls in recent years on the field, it has happened vs. the Saints. The Panthers O vs. Broncos D is where I think potential fireworks can happen.

Superbowl is in Santa Clara 1 hour from San Francisco.. that is where the Levi stadium is..  :)

2 mile from my house...  eeeekkkkk

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm trying to find a forecast that says it wont rain most of Super week in SF...

Upper 50s ..low 60s and rain most days.  Rain and a wet field would favor Carolina......slower....bigger...stronger.

Maybe the forecast changes.... I just assumed all year the weather in SF would be good for the big Bowl

Does Prince & Purple Rain mean anything positive to you my friend? Precipitation is a good omen in my book OUM. Plus, the Broncos had beautiful weather at Met Life Stadium in NJ & we all knew what happened in 2013. 

CJ Anderson would run perfectly fine in the rain to me. 

I always find it ironic when detractors point out a cold weather weakness for Peyton but they never comedically flip it & say that well 18 lost on a clear blue evening too so let's meet in the middle & play in some London fog eh? What the hades. Seems like a nice compromise to me. :P

As far as SB halftime entertainment goes, I'm not well versed in Cold Play's catalog of songs. Bruno Mars has talent, but Beyonce is way overrated to me.

She was solid in the group Destiny's Child, but her solo work just doesn't knock my socks off or astonish me all that much. But, my music thresh hold is exceptionally high. I will admit that publicly. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/25/10819276/super-bowl-2016-halftime-show-coldplay-beyonce-bruno-mars

Gotta have wholesome, female eye candy while NFL advertisers sell Coors beer & Trojan condoms right? That hypocrisy of family entertainment always makes me roar with laughter, but I digress. 

20 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

& the last time IN NY at meadowlands as they were the visitors they had to travel to some site that wasnt as good to practice as Seattle , next door to stadium , inside & heated I think with a choice of outside in the cold to practice as needed to mimic game conditions but could go in when needed to get warm

something like that

23 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Does Prince & Purple Rain mean anything positive to you my friend? Precipitation is a good omen in my book OUM. Plus, the Broncos had beautiful weather at Met Life Stadium in NJ & we all knew what happened in 2013. 

CJ Anderson would run perfectly fine in the rain to me. 

I always find it ironic when detractors point out a cold weather weakness for Peyton but they never comedically flip it & say that well 18 lost on a clear blue evening too so let's meet in the middle & play in some London fog eh? What the hades. Seems like a nice compromise to me. :P

Also - even if it rains here...it will be in the 60-65 degree temp.....

On 1/27/2016 at 10:53 PM, southwest1 said:

As far as SB halftime entertainment goes, I'm not well versed in Cold Play's catalog of songs. Bruno Mars has talent, but Beyonce is way overrated to me.

She was solid in the group Destiny's Child, but her solo work just doesn't knock my socks off or astonish me all that much. But, my music thresh hold is exceptionally high. I will admit that publicly. 

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/25/10819276/super-bowl-2016-halftime-show-coldplay-beyonce-bruno-mars

Gotta have wholesome, female eye candy while NFL advertisers sell Coors beer & Trojan condoms right? That hypocrisy of family entertainment always makes me roar with laughter, but I digress. 

Beyonce would be more entertaining than Cold Play. They're a boring typical 90's alternative rock band who wasn't even that good to begin with. Radio Head would have been a better choice if they were going the alternative route, and they would have been much more well received, since the younger generation is more experienced with them. 

I like Beyonce in a way that she can deliver an amazing performance that leaves all the fans satisfied when leaving the show. I would have rather had Jennifer Lopez this year if they were going a pop singer route, but that's not going to happen at all now that she's taken up Vegas residency. 

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

As much as I love to see football in the elements, I hope it does not rain on SB Sunday. 

Me too. San Fran, I heard is more unpredictable than Santa Clara.

Right now, long term forecast is high 40s with little wind during SB game time.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Me too. San Fran, I heard is more unpredictable than Santa Clara.

Right now, long term forecast is high 40s with little wind during SB game time.

oh good then no rain then . .. hopefully there will be no rain at the game.

14 hours ago, Bogie said:

That rain had to be in the first SB, cause of this guy....

dolphins-stadium.jpg

I know. My sister and I were going nuts on that one. It was like surreal how it was raining literally during "Purple Rain."

Prince rocked it. And look at his color schemes there too......all bright and stuff. Wicked.

Billy Joel if I remember right did the National Anthem with a piano in the rain. lmao We had some good people for that game.

14 hours ago, Bogie said:

Beyonce would be more entertaining than Cold Play. They're a boring typical 90's alternative rock band who wasn't even that good to begin with. Radio Head would have been a better choice if they were going the alternative route, and they would have been much more well received, since the younger generation is more experienced with them. 

I like Beyonce in a way that she can deliver an amazing performance that leaves all the fans satisfied when leaving the show. I would have rather had Jennifer Lopez this year if they were going a pop singer route, but that's not going to happen at all now that she's taken up Vegas residency. 

All of this is too soft. I still stick to my idea a while ago that since Motley Crue is done they should have had the SB halftime show. 

Family entertainment.........blah........

Lets get some METAL. lmao 

On January 29, 2016 at 5:01 AM, Bogie said:

Good call on Radio Head Bogie. Their "Creep" song is quite well done. Plus, I value your ear on keyboards & techno music. Beyonce does have good vocal range when she decides to sing & not actually rap or engage in prolonged talking rhyming her voice to the beat. 

JLO has always been a smooth singer & dancer. You're exactly right. Hades, I still remember her as a fly girl on the TV Show 'In Living Color.' Jennifer can choreograph some nice floor routines that keep an audience riveted. 

Thanks for your composer insights as always Bogie. SW1 always learns something valuable from you.