Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arizona at Carolina

Synthetic

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Bears did crush the Saints before playing the Peyton led Colts, just saying :).

In the NFL, it is really week to week, one game does not predict another game's outcome.

However, I stand by what I said, Peyton would have to score close to 30 to beat the Panthers.

That is true but, well Rex Grossman bro........lol.  I knew we had the Bears SB easily before it happened. Or the Pats would too.

I think you have to hope Cam Newton has a bad bad game. It's possible but I am not sensing he will be that bad.

You are right though, Peyton is going to have to fire up the offense for this one. Since people won't want to hear it here but Cam isn't an older frail Brady or a one armed Big Ben. He is going to be tougher to spook out.

Interesting since all of Peyton's SB's are vs. #1 seeds.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Jules said:

That is true but, well Rex Grossman bro........lol.  I knew we had the Bears SB easily before it happened. Or the Pats would too.

I think you have to hope Cam Newton has a bad bad game. It's possible but I am not sensing he will be that bad.

You are right though, Peyton is going to have to fire up the offense for this one. Since people won't want to hear it here but Cam isn't an older frail Brady or a one armed Big Ben. He is going to be tougher to spook out.

Interesting since all of Peyton's SB's are vs. #1 seeds.

Here is Chad's pattern superstition edition :) :

Factors for the Panthers

If the Broncos wear orange, then the team wearing white will be the Panthers and that bodes well for them since the team wearing white has won since 2004 in the SB (except Packers in 2010)

Since 2004, the team playing the night championship game has also won the SB except when it was a #6 seed playing the afternoon championship game (Steelers, Packers). That bodes well for the Panthers too.

Factors for the Broncos

However, since Kurt Warner in 1999, the NFL MVP has not won the SB. So, if Cam wins the MVP, that bodes well for the Broncos. 

The #1 D vs the #1 O (in points per game) - the #1 D has always won that match up (Bucs vs Raiders, Seahawks vs Broncos, Rams were #1 in points per game in 2001 too when the Patriots took them down). Panthers are #1 in points per game this year.

It is going to be INTERESTING..., enjoy :)

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here is Chad's pattern superstition edition :) :

Factors for the Panthers

If the Broncos wear orange, then the team wearing white will be the Panthers and that bodes well for them since the team wearing white has won since 2004 in the SB. 

Since 2004, the team playing the night championship game has also won the SB except when it was a #6 seed playing the afternoon championship game (Steelers, Packers). That bodes well for the Panthers too.

Factors for the Broncos

However, since Kurt Warner in 1999, the NFL MVP has not won the SB. So, if Cam wins the MVP, that bodes well for the Broncos. 

The #1 D vs the #1 O (in points per game) - the #1 D has always won that match up (Bucs vs Raiders, Seahawks vs Broncos, Rams were #1 in points per game in 2001 too when the Patriots took them down). Panthers are #1 in points per game this year.

It is going to be INTERESTING..., enjoy :)

No way Cam don't win MVP. I swear I read he already won it lol.

Yes I remember the Chad superstitions. Wondered where they went. :)

I think the Panthers often prefer to go with away uniforms I heard since they often did well on the road.

I also heard that if this entire forum wears nothing but snow suits and bunny ears then the Broncos win in two weeks.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

No way Cam don't win MVP. I swear I read he already won it lol.

Yes I remember the Chad superstitions. Wondered where they went. :)

I think the Panthers often prefer to go with away uniforms I heard since they often did well on the road.

I also heard that if this entire forum wears nothing but snow suits and bunny ears then the Broncos win in two weeks.

I think the AFC is the home team and gets to choose. Steelers were the home team in 2005 season and chose to wear the road warriors white jersey. In 2008, the Cardinals were the home team and it worked out well for the Steelers again :)

Just now, chad72 said:

I think the AFC is the home team and gets to choose. Steelers were the home team in 2005 season and chose to wear the road warriors white jersey. In 2008, the Cardinals were the home team and it worked out well for the Steelers again :)

Wouldn't Denver choose the home jersey? I mean they are pretty dominant at home. Then again I am sure they will be discussing this in depth lol. 

I also have to think due to traveling that there will be more Broncos fans who make the trip to Cali then Carolina fans. Unless the Panthers surge has created a bandwagon around the country.

Panthers fans are a pretty polite bunch from my experiences with them over time when it comes to game interactions.

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Bears did crush the Saints before playing the Peyton led Colts, just saying :).

In the NFL, it is really week to week, one game does not predict another game's outcome.

However, I stand by what I said, Peyton would have to score close to 30 to beat the Panthers.

Bills crushed the Raiders 51-3 in the 1990 AFCCG....you know what happened next.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Wouldn't Denver choose the home jersey? I mean they are pretty dominant at home. Then again I am sure they will be discussing this in depth lol. 

Denver has lost all its SBs in the orange jersey, go figure. 4 SBs lost.

The 2 SBs won were in navy blue and white.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Denver has lost all its SBs in the orange jersey, go figure. 4 SBs lost.

The 2 SBs won were in navy blue and white.

Well hard to say what color they choose......I don't know how superstitious those guys get. 

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Worst playoff performance of all time? Has to be in the top 5 at least. Palmer looked lost the entire game.

Yea, and his last game was just as pathetic. Awful ball management skills from him, whereas Peyton Manning knew how to protect the ball.

15 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I was under the impression that Indy needed Arians to keep the Colts from being blown the **** out? Well at least by so many of the knee jerk fans that populate this place????????????

Arians didn't cause a bajillion turnovers.  Plus, his team got beat by the best one in the NFL.

ARZ just got overmatched in every facet of the game. It happened to DEN against SEA a few years ago.

Arizona looked kinda shaky vs. Green Bay too (and the final week vs. Seattle). Looking back, I think the Pack make this a better game tonight. Packers show up better on the road in the playoffs.

Panthers had a few defensive injuries tonight but they all say they will play in the SB regardless, no matter what.

9 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Arians didn't cause a bajillion turnovers.  Plus, his team got beat by the best one in the NFL.

ARZ just got overmatched in every facet of the game. It happened to DEN against SEA a few years ago.

Perhaps they weren't properly prepared for the game? You know exactly what I am speaking about....

On 1/25/2016 at 10:59 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Worst playoff performance of all time? Has to be in the top 5 at least. Palmer looked lost the entire game.

Uuuuuuuhhhhh...not even the worst out of quarterbacks mentioned in this thread, and that was true before I mentioned some guy named Brett Favre lol!