Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 8 QBs remaining are...

oldunclemark

Big Ben, Tom Brady and Peyton account for all SB appearances from the AFC outside the Joe Flacco run since 2003. I don't think it is changing this year. 

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 - 11 out of 12 years!!!

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Alex Smith

Cam Newton

Carson Palmer

Russell Wilson

Ben Rothlisberger

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Peyton Manning

...isn't that something?

Which one becomes Mr. NFL Universe and gets the crown when all is said and done? Just hope nobody this time reads the wrong name. lmao Sorry, bad joke.

Great combo of the new young QBs and the vets. This is why the NFL is so popular. You still have the great older QBs with the new generation right there. It would be something to see Cam win it this year after Wilson just won 2 years ago. That would kind of cement the new generation taking over.

11 hours ago, Jules said:

Which one becomes Mr. NFL Universe and gets the crown when all is said and done? Just hope nobody this time reads the wrong name. lmao Sorry, bad joke.

I can't help but note that one of them (not saying who) is the only quarterback in NFL history to go into the playoffs at a top seed with a QB rating of 70 and the only one in history with a -8 TD/INT ratio, and the only one in history to ever be the #1 seed with that bad of an interception number.  lmao

3 hours ago, amfootball said:

Great combo of the new young QBs and the vets. This is why the NFL is so popular. You still have the great older QBs with the new generation right there. It would be something to see Cam win it this year after Wilson just won 2 years ago. That would kind of cement the new generation taking over.

Or the amazing story of palmer who had all of the potential in the world and gets kicked to the curb. Just to come back and show he belongs. 

14 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Should have been McCarron and Bridgewater......but that doesn't have the same pizazz?  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Figures, two teams I cannot stand ended up with some ridiculously lucky wins.  That being said I still picked them to win, meh...........

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Figures, two teams I cannot stand ended up with some ridiculously lucky wins.  That being said I still picked them to win, meh...........

Pete had to sell his soul to the devil.  Seahawks have been very lucky in the playoffs the last couple yrs.

11 hours ago, Bogie said:

I can't help but note that one of them (not saying who) is the only quarterback in NFL history to go into the playoffs at a top seed with a QB rating of 70 and the only one in history with a -8 TD/INT ratio, and the only one in history to ever be the #1 seed with that bad of an interception number.  lmao

How are the saints doing ??

7 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Pete had to sell his soul to the devil.  Seahawks have been very lucky in the playoffs the last couple yrs.

Indeed, but yet they had one of the most unlucky turn of events I've ever seen in the Super Bowl last year, hah!  I'm not sure if they make it past Carolina, but it wouldn't shock me.  Nothing would shock me with the way this NFL season has turned up so far.

Pete was just beat by the actual Devil!

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Indeed, but yet they had one of the most unlucky turn of events I've ever seen in the Super Bowl last year, hah!  I'm not sure if they make it past Carolina, but it wouldn't shock me.  Nothing would shock me with the way this NFL season has turned up so far.

I wouldn't call that bad luck.  Poor play calling and a poor decision to throw it.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I wouldn't call that bad luck.  Poor play calling and a poor decision to throw it.

Very poor decision, poor throw, phenomenal play by Butler though.  I do agree it was a product of a stupid decision but it definitely took some luck to pull off.  Probably just as lucky as missing a chippy or fumbling the ball, both of which have happened an aweful lot this year.

17 hours ago, BOTT said:

So when they win, they are lucky.

17 hours ago, BOTT said:

When they lose, its poor decision.

Extremely accurate analysis, yet again !

21 hours ago, Jules said:

I love the Seahawks at times. I really do.

They are nuts. lmao

They are nuts all right. That play call from the 1 yard line in the SB was nuts! I thought Peyton's INT in the SB vs the Saints was bad enough but if I was a Seahawks fan I would still be steaming mad about last season. Just cant give away SB wins. I think Carolina will beat them.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are nuts all right. That play call from the 1 yard line in the SB was nuts! I thought Peyton's INT in the SB vs the Saints was bad enough but if I was a Seahawks fan I would still be steaming mad about last season. Just cant give away SB wins. I think Carolina will beat them.

I still can't believe that either. I mean you could just kinda fall down forward to win the game there. lmao

Well that might have been luck reversing itself for the Pats over the 2007 Giants loss and the helmet catch.

Weird how football can be......

On 1/11/2016 at 8:47 AM, Bogie said:

yea its been pretty bad this year for Manning, but with that defense he doesn't have to do anything special.. he just has to not turn the ball over and they will win.. even if he only has 150 yards and 1 TD

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:39 PM, oldunclemark said:

Alex Smith

Cam Newton

Carson Palmer

Russell Wilson

Ben Rothlisberger

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Peyton Manning

...isn't that something?

Most of the best in the league.   Proves how important it is to have a top notch QB.  

Even if Cousins, Bridgewater and McCarron had won, it still would have been impressive.    If I was in charge of a several teams in the NFL, McCarron would be worth a look.   He played 4 years in college in an NFL type of system and has now backed up for a couple years.   He has potential.   More than Bradford, Cutler, Foles, Pennington, Manziel, Hoyer and a few others anyway.

13 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Pats were more lucky than the Seahawks were unlucky, if that makes any sense. 

As for the quarterbacks, bask while you can. There will be atleast 1 blowout this week, probably more.

If you think this, then you haven't seen the NFL films hour long special on the Pats entire 2014 season which ends with THE PLAY in the Super Bowl.      

Belichick is a HUGE NFL Films guy and let their crews film behind the scenes stuff all season long. 

In the week leading up to the Super Bowl,  the Pats accurately predicted the play that Seattle would run at the goal line.     Stacked receivers with the lead WR setting the pick for the 2nd guy to go under and catch the pass.

The Pats practiced against this play over and over and over again during the week.     And in the game,  you can literally see Brandon Browner tell Malcom Butler what was coming.      And we all know what happened.

In short,  the Pats coaching staff was so good,  so prepared,  so ready for the play,   that they knew how to stop an almost unstoppable play.     And it worked.      More props to New England.     You gotta give them their respect.

On 1/11/2016 at 5:24 AM, amfootball said:

Turn in your avatar!

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:27 PM, Malakai432 said:

I thought Pitt deserved to win..they led the first 3 quarters...,,Cincy doesn't rally unless Ben gets hurt