Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will A Team Rehire Bill (And/or Chris) Polian?

ReMeDy

77 members have voted

1. 1. Will a team rehire Bill (or Chris) Polian?

• Yup.
    • Nope.
    • Yup, but only Bill.
    • Yup, but only Chris.

I'm not sure. I heard an analyst say they'll probably find a GM job, but if so, why have we not heard anything? Why are Bill/Chris not the same "hot commodity" like other personnel, such as Jeff Fisher? Nobody needs to ask the Colts permission to interview Bill/Chris, so why the wait? Could it be teams have settled on their GM's? Maybe Bill/Chris are taking time off?

Something seems fishy... I think teams don't want to touch Bill/Chris. They don't want the drama. Terrell Owens got two chances with Buffalo and the Bengals, but he's a player - what about GM's? We possibly lost Howard Mudd, Tom Moore, etc. to Bill/Chris. Would a team willingly risk their staff, team chemistry, and everything else for Bill/Chris?

http://sports.yahoo....urn=nfl-wp15228

My guess is it would have to be a desperate team pulling the trigger.

Bill P is a HOF GM, hands down...

But, if he has to bring his kid along in a arangement.... I fear they won't work together again.

Bill is a no brainer, but he is 70 years old... he willingly tried to turn over the reigns to his son in Indy and it started with the Tony G pick. And it totally blew up in Indy's faces.

Chris's drafts just were not solid, and I think that is what scared off Irsay in the direction of a "known" talent evaluator."

I think if Bill gave Irsay a guarantee he would be "the GM full time" the Polians would still be here.

Bill is just old and ready to retire, his kid had a GOLDEN opportunity at his finger tips and it slipped through his hands.

Had Indy hit on the last 3-4 first round selections. The Polians are still here... IMO

I'm not sure. I heard an analyst say they'll probably find a GM job, but if so, why have we not heard anything? Why are Bill/Chris not the same "hot commodity" like other personnel, such as Jeff Fisher? Nobody needs to ask the Colts permission to interview Bill/Chris, so why the wait? Could it be teams have settled on their GM's? Maybe Bill/Chris are taking time off?

Something seems fishy... I think teams don't want to touch Bill/Chris. They don't want the drama. Terrell Owens got two chances with Buffalo and the Bengals, but he's a player - what about GM's? We possibly lost Howard Mudd, Tom Moore, etc. to Bill/Chris. Would a team willingly risk their staff, team chemistry, and everything else for Bill/Chris?

The answer is simple, teams would hire BILL in a heartbeat..... BUT they don't want Chris being a "package plan" as in Indy.

I think Bill has actually hurt his kid more than he has helped him the last few years.

The answer is simple, teams would hire BILL in a heartbeat..... BUT they don't want Chris being a "package plan" as in Indy.

I think Bill has actually hurt his kid more than he has helped him the last few years.

My question is this;

What are people going to say about Chris' only draft here in Indy 5 years from now? I have to think that there is a high probability that many of his picks will serve us very well for many years to come. Nevis, Stonzo, Ijalana, Carter....some high end potential in that group. What say everyone if two or three of those cats get recognized as pro-bowlers within 5 years time?

My question is this;

What are people going to say about Chris' only draft here in Indy 5 years from now? I have to think that there is a high probability that many of his picks will serve us very well for many years to come. Nevis, Stonzo, Ijalana, Carter....some high end potential in that group. What say everyone if two or three of those cats get recognized as pro-bowlers within 5 years time?

I think that is a common misconception. On one of his radio shows before the draft last year, Polian ( Bill ) said that Chris had been taking the lead in the draft for the past couple years but in this upcoming draft ( 2011) Bill was going to be in charge again. They still let Chris take the spotlight as GM, but it ( if what BP said was correct, and it would make sense) was Bill running the board.

I think that is a common misconception. On one of his radio shows before the draft last year, Polian ( Bill ) said that Chris had been taking the lead in the draft for the past couple years but in this upcoming draft ( 2011) Bill was going to be in charge again. They still let Chris take the spotlight as GM, but it ( if what BP said was correct, and it would make sense) was Bill running the board.

That is interesting. All I know of it is chatter I've picked up here over the last season. So would it be fair to say that Brown and, more notably, Hughes was on Chris?

That is interesting. All I know of it is chatter I've picked up here over the last season. So would it be fair to say that Brown and, more notably, Hughes was on Chris?

I wouldn't want to say yes, because I don't know for sure, but that is what I gathered from Polians show and it seems to reflect what we have seen with the quality of the drafts qoing down as Chris Polian took on a larger and larger front office role.

I do think we tend to place too much credit/blame on one person sometimes so I don't want to hang Chris out to dry but I do think it is a shame that he ( in my opinion ) had a large part in ending his Dad's time here.

Bill Polian should just retire and be happy with his legacy. His son just isn't talented enough to be a GM and that is the bottom line. Every NFL team wants the best people in key positions and if both Polians have to come as a package neither one will ever get a gig like they had in Indy.

I voted "only Chris", but I'll qualify that by saying I would expect him to have to drop down in the ranks, and prove himself without his father.

Bill could obviously land a job if he wanted one, but taking a GM post implies making a long-term commitment to build a team. The likelyhood of someone who was already stepping backwards into an advisory role doing that is pretty slim. Perhaps he retires, works in TV (although there will be some trepidation about his temper and lack of patience), works part-time in an advisory role ala Moore, or works in the league office. There is no question in my mind but that his services will be in demand, the question is whether is has the energy or desire to do it.

My question is this;

Stonzo might be a probowler. I dont see any of the others being top tier. But, they will all be solid. Of course, they all need to stay healthy to contribute.

Isnt Bill Polin 70 years old.?

'bout time to put the horse in the barn and go sit on the back porch.

With the above said. Sometime its just over for some people. BIll was great. But, he got old. His son might be ok, but I think that the idea of having to hire Chris to get Bill turns alot of peeps off. If a team is looking for a scout, maybe they take a look at the Polians and bring Bill in as a consoltent. I dont see him as a NFL GM again though.

Does anyone really believe Jim Irsay would rehire Bill Polian. Does anyone actually believe Polian would take a job to be 2d in command under another GM? Does anyone believe a brand new GM would have taken the job thinking that Polian might be rehired to look over his shoulder?

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell ya. Priced right, I promise.

Does anyone really believe Jim Irsay would rehire Bill Polian. Does anyone actually believe Polian would take a job to be 2d in command under another GM? Does anyone believe a brand new GM would have taken the job thinking that Polian might be rehired to look over his shoulder?

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell ya. Priced right, I promise.

Will A team be willing to rehire BP? The key is "a team" not our team. But I didn't get why "rehire"was written instead of "hire".

I voted no. BP should retire and Chris wont be hied as a GM anytime soon. Maybe a scout.

My question is this;

I agree that is 3 starters for next year and possibly 4 if Carter can learn to hold onto the football. I think he drafted well so putting him in charge of player personnel or college scouting made sense. But a general manager or VP of football operations has to do so much more for the organization that just draft players.