Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Rothlisberger

oldunclemark

32 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

That is exactly what I don't get.  I've sat quiet reading her cries of drama this and drama that for the past 3 days and can barely stand the soaked irony that a Brady fan calls anyone else dramatic.  It is so delusional that it's almost comical.  Almost.  

Check out this skewed reality:

A.  Ben is faking and dramatizing a fake injury that isn't fake based on Ben riding a cart that most likely he was told to get on....

B. Brady isn't any drama at all when he yells at refs for calls, or yells at coaches when he does bad, or is on the injury report every week for pooping anything but gold.  

Jesus I can't stand that type of obsession.  And Jules thinks Colts fans are obsessed over Manning lol...

For making such a clear post I am surprised that you misplaced drama for passion.  True sometime folks can go overboard and have too much of the latter and one would be correct to say that certain person can be too passionate at the wrong time.  No argument here.

To try to say drama (whoa is me but look at what I am doing) and passion (fire and brimstone, lets get * going or why * you made that call) are the same is not understanding the two.  And as they are different, bringing it up in the thread about a dramatic person is really going off topic.    

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Thread was about Ben. Please do not derail the topic or call out posters.

I'm sorry I'm not talking about Ben?  Who am I talking about then?  Your opinion on Ben is still talking about Ben.  

In fact my 2 statements were directly related to Ben and how your claims of dramatizing apply only to Ben and not the rest of the NFL.

But hey don't let fact get in your way.  (you usually don't)

6 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

For making such a clear post I am surprised that you misplaced drama for passion.  True sometime folks can go overboard and have too much of the latter and one would be correct to say that certain person can be too passionate at the wrong time.  No argument here.

To try to say drama (whoa is me but look at what I am doing) and passion (fire and brimstone, lets get * going or why * you made that call) are the same is not understanding the two.  And as they are different, bringing it up in the thread about a dramatic person is really going off topic.    

Passion is drama.

However you'd like to twist or perceive is not an issue with me.  But the subject is Ben.  And a poster is calling Ben over dramatic over something as simple as getting on a cart.  Something Ben might have not even wanted to do.  

If you are going to make irrational claims then be prepared to have your irrational claims be challenged with the same.  

46 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I'm sorry I'm not talking about Ben?  Who am I talking about then?  Your opinion on Ben is still talking about Ben.  

In fact my 2 statements were directly related to Ben and how your claims of dramatizing apply only to Ben and not the rest of the NFL.

But hey don't let fact get in your way.  (you usually don't)

Ok, gotcha. Feel free to PM and we can discuss further privately. I would prefer to keep to Ben and the drama I was referring to regarding injuries as that is what the pertinent topic is related to Ben per my original post. And I in no way said that Ben was the only one as I compared him to Favre in this regard. But again don't want to derail down other avenues and get off topic. Happy to discuss over PM.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Not so fast? The Steelers are a lot like Seattle. It seems lady luck always is on their side. :sip:

I think lady luck is running out on them. backups as RBs, banged up Big ben, brown might not even play

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not so fast? The Steelers are a lot like Seattle. It seems lady luck always is on their side. :sip:

I hear ya...  That is why I'm not really saying too much about the game in particular or predicting any outcomes.    

I know what I want to happen,  I know what I hope to happen, and in the end when it's all said and done, after the SB and if I get the story book ending I'm hoping for,  I just "may" at that time do a little gloating.    I figure I've earned it. :)

And if not, :dunno:  oh well.

6 hours ago, ColtRider said:

Brown is in concussion protocol until Friday ... all of a sudden he'll be cleared. :)

Th team Doc might clear him, and have provocative reasons ( pro team ) in doing so.  He has to pass a concussion test from a independent neurologist, and the team will not have an impact on the results, especially after the RGIII concussion fiasco-

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/05/report-independent-neurologist-resigns-after-rg3-fiasco/

Where team said RG3 would be ok and the starter, and even the independent the Neurologist doc passed him, only to rescind his decision the next day, and Gruden then made RGIII the backup from then on?  That Neurologist has since resigned from the program and been real quiet.

Brown will actually have to prove he is healthy, not skate in because it is the playoffs.  However, some have made it back in that time frame, just not all that frequently. We'll see...

41 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Th team Doc might clear him, and have provocative reasons ( pro team ) in doing so.  He has to pass a concussion test from a independent neurologist, and the ream will not have an impact on the results, especially after the RGIII concussion fiasco-

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/05/report-independent-neurologist-resigns-after-rg3-fiasco/

Where team said RG3 would be ok and the starter, and even the independent the Nerologist doc passed him, only to rescind his decision the next day, and Gruden then made RGIII the backup from then on?  That Neurologist has since resigned from the program and been real quiet.

Brown will actually have to prove he is healthy, not skate in because it is the playofss.  However, some have made it back in that time frame, just not all that frequently. We'll see...

I sincerely hope you're correct (your last couple sentences), CBFL. For the sake of Brown at the minimum. What bothers me a little bit is what Adam "PacMan" Jones told the media in Cincinnati that Antonio Brown winked at him after getting hit by Burfict. Whether that's true or not is anyone's guess. Just didn't settle well with me. I know the Steelers & their medical people said it's impossible to fake a concussion & protocol venue. If he's back for the game v. Denver this Sunday that's a good thing for Pittsburgh. Sometimes I wonder what "exactly" the definition of the protocol entails and to what degree or degrees that scenario means. I'm sure it has multiple factors as to what type of concussion it is. Slight, moderate, severe, etc. 

And that reverts back my statement of taking every injury report with a grain of salt. To align - All the ins & outs about Andrew Luck's injury status this year come to mind. That's the point I was making albeit to our younger fans who frequent the boards here.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

On e issue for Ben is that testing his shoulder late in the week could reinjure it.

..He may just wait all week and we'll know how he is when he throws his first few passes Sunday afternoon

that makes sense.

7 hours ago, amfootball said:

Just like he had that busted up ankle and was the back up and only to be called upon and went and led a blow out win. Then Saturday he is carted off for  a shoulder injury only to return and not play until the last drive where he led the game winner.

First, he had an ACL, which turned out not to be an ACL but an MCL sprain and bone bruise.  So the medical crew got him back out on the field in 5 weeks.  Then Ben supposedly had season ending Lisfranc fracture / dislocation injury (AM's 'busted up ankle').  Except it was not, just a lesser sprain that would hinder a QB a few weeks, but not stop him.  Now he has a separated shoulder with soft tissue injury.

People are relying on early incorrect data too often.  Our fans believed the Team.Coach on Andrews sore shoulder.  But it was more than that as AL missed games.  Then it was reported he would be out two weeks ( I busted a gut laughing at this) to 6, which is much more like it, for either of the injuries AL suffered vs. the Broncos.  Yet it went even more and fans were puzzled?

Once the real injury is known, and grade / degree of injury can be educationally guessed via video, approximate recovery times are not that difficult to determine.  It's not drama if one comes back from an MCL when folks thought it was an ACL, or from a minor sprain that was once thought of as a Lisfranc major injury.

Players play.... until they can't. They play because they don't want to lose their jobs to that 'Next man up".

I refuse to believe players 'fake' injuries, or degrees of injuries.  You want to guarantee players lie and skirt away from the medical crew, pass a new rule at least one game must be missed once in concussion protocol.  The opposite from what was intended will happen.  Injured players aren't drama queens, but may sometimes be liars about injuries.

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

At QB, Ben Roethlisberger missed four games due to injury this season, and was listed as an emergency backup in a fifth. Bruce Gradkowski, ordinarily Roethlisberger's backup, suffered a season-ending injury in the pre-season, which is why the Steelers signed Michael Vick as an emergency QB. Vick started three games in Roethlisberger's absence, and he suffered an injury, which thrust Landry Jones, ordinarily the third-string QB, into the starting role for two games, plus significant action in a third. Jones was injured as well, necessitating a hobbled Roethlisberger to step back in despite being the emergency backup for a game. Roethlisberger also missed time in the Wild Card Playoff against the Bengals, necessitating Jones to step back in.

At RB, Le'Veon Bell suffered a season-ending injury eight weeks into the season, and was on the field with Roethlisberger for a whopping 39 snaps this season. DeAngelo Williams suffered a significant injury at the end of the regular season, did not play in the Wild Card Playoff against the Bengals, and is doubtful to start in the Divisional Playoff against the Broncos. Fitzgerald Toussaint is currently the starting RB, and I don't even know who the backup RB is.

On the offensive line, Maurkice Pouncey suffered a season-ending injury in the pre-season, and Kelvin Beachum suffered a season-ending injury six games into the season. At WR, Martavis Bryant was suspended for four games to start the season, and missed a fifth due to an injury in practice. Antonio Brown is currently in the NFL's concussion protocol, and is doubtful to start in the Divisional Playoff against the Broncos. Even Heath Miller missed a game at TE.

On defense, Stephon Tuitt and Ryan Shazier both missed multiple games to injuries this season. On special teams, Shaun Suisham suffered a season-ending injury in the pre-season, and Garrett Hartley, Suisham's replacement, did as well. Then came Josh Scobee in a trade from the Jaguars, who promptly lost his sh_t and missed more FG attempts than he made. Chris Boswell, their current PK, is the fourth one they've signed to a contract this season alone.

In summary, every star player the Steelers have on offense has missed significant playing time to injuries, and only three of their 11 starters on offense played all 16 games during the regular season. (And one of those three was just injured in the Wild Card Playoff against the Bengals.) Furthermore, two of the four best players on their defense have missed significant time as well. Combine all this with a .529 strength of schedule, which is the hardest of all playoff teams in the AFC, and it's a minor miracle that the Steelers finished 10-6 and made the playoffs in the first place. So if this is what it's like for a team to have luck on its side, then I'd hate to see what happens to a team that doesn't have luck on its side.

And if you want to complain about the officiating, here's A.J. Green false-starting right before catching the go-ahead TD for the Bengals:

InnocentVainArcticduck.gif

No flag.

And here's Jeremy Hill taunting William Gay after said TD:

SnoopyJubilantDavidstiger.gif

No flag.

So much for the Steelers getting all the calls. Anybody who thinks they did is a damn *, and I'm being polite.

13 minutes ago, Gnutella0 said:

At QB, Ben Roethlisberger missed four games due to injury this season, and was listed as an emergency backup in a fifth. Bruce Gradkowski, ordinarily Roethlisberger's backup, suffered a season-ending injury in the pre-season, which is why the Steelers signed Michael Vick as an emergency QB. Vick started three games in Roethlisberger's absence, and he suffered an injury, which thrust Landry Jones, ordinarily the third-string QB, into the starting role for two games, plus significant action in a third. Jones was injured as well, necessitating a hobbled Roethlisberger to step back in despite being the emergency backup for a game. Roethlisberger also missed time in the Wild Card Playoff against the Bengals, necessitating Jones to step back in.

At RB, Le'Veon Bell suffered a season-ending injury eight weeks into the season, and was on the field with Roethlisberger for a whopping 39 snaps this season. DeAngelo Williams suffered a significant injury at the end of the regular season, did not play in the Wild Card Playoff against the Bengals, and is doubtful to start in the Divisional Playoff against the Broncos. Fitzgerald Toussaint is currently the starting RB, and I don't even know who the backup RB is.

On the offensive line, Maurkice Pouncey suffered a season-ending injury in the pre-season, and Kelvin Beachum suffered a season-ending injury six games into the season. At WR, Martavis Bryant was suspended for four games to start the season, and missed a fifth due to an injury in practice. Antonio Brown is currently in the NFL's concussion protocol, and is doubtful to start in the Divisional Playoff against the Broncos. Even Heath Miller missed a game at TE.

On defense, Stephon Tuitt and Ryan Shazier both missed multiple games to injuries this season. On special teams, Shaun Suisham suffered a season-ending injury in the pre-season, and Garrett Hartley, Suisham's replacement, did as well. Then came Josh Scobee in a trade from the Jaguars, who promptly lost his sh_t and missed more FG attempts than he made. Chris Boswell, their current PK, is the fourth one they've signed to a contract this season alone.

In summary, every star player the Steelers have on offense has missed significant playing time to injuries, and only three of their 11 starters on offense played all 16 games during the regular season. (And one of those three was just injured in the Wild Card Playoff against the Bengals.) Furthermore, two of the four best players on their defense have missed significant time as well. Combine all this with a .529 strength of schedule, which is the hardest of all playoff teams in the AFC, and it's a minor miracle that the Steelers finished 10-6 and made the playoffs in the first place. So if this is what it's like for a team to have luck on its side, then I'd hate to see what happens to a team that doesn't have luck on its side.

And if you want to complain about the officiating, here's A.J. Green false-starting right before catching the go-ahead TD for the Bengals:

InnocentVainArcticduck.gif

No flag.

And here's Jeremy Hill taunting William Gay after said TD:

SnoopyJubilantDavidstiger.gif

No flag.

So much for the Steelers getting all the calls. Anybody who thinks they did is a damn *, and I'm being polite.

:-)

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:12 PM, Surge89 said:

Passion is drama.

However you'd like to twist or perceive is not an issue with me.  But the subject is Ben.  And a poster is calling Ben over dramatic over something as simple as getting on a cart.  Something Ben might have not even wanted to do.  

If you are going to make irrational claims then be prepared to have your irrational claims be challenged with the same.  

Romeo and Juliet were passionate and that was drama.  Clint Eastwood's man with no name was passionate but was not drama.  You do not understand the difference that I was making.

My point was a simple one, Big Ben has in the past gloried, for lack of a better word, his injuries on the field and talking about them off the field.  So the drama queen label was attached to Big Ben's handling of injuries in a manner to give the dramatic impression that he is a fighter, look at me I am playing through these injuries, look how tough I am.  Which is about someone taking the stage and taking actions to draw attention to himself that he, against all odds, is able overcome them and perform.  Understand?  

That was my point and it is limited and specifically defined character trait.  Some other QBs have this trait as other athletes, like Paul Pierce, among other things one time he had to be carted off the court in a wheel chair in the NBA Finals with what looked like a season ending knee injury and he looked like he was dying in pain, then like 10 mins. later he comes back fit as a fiddle with a stretch sleeve on his knee.  So that is my point.

Now some who have the hot heated trait of yelling at the refs and players, like every nearly coach in professional sports and many players, are not drama queens.  It is a different trait.  Unless of course you want to label all of them drama queens, which I doubt you would try to do.   You may want to call these people hot heated, immature, punkest or whatever, but there are not the same character trait as one who likes to present how he can overcome his injuries.

On 1/13/2016 at 7:43 PM, oldunclemark said:

On e issue for Ben is that testing his shoulder late in the week could reinjure it.

..He may just wait all week and we'll know how he is when he throws his first few passes Sunday afternoon

He is injured, and it will not heal in time to re-injure it.  I think he will be out until Friday at least.  If he practices Friday, it will be limited.  Where he will be limited during a game (if he plays)- longer range throws, throws on the run, and those throws across his body.  Those are 3 big things that make up Ben's game. He should be able to hit slants, digs, crossing, out routes etc if they aren't too deep and especially if he can step into them.

Where further issues could develop-  if he he gets hit and land on the shoulder.  Ouch, that will impair him more.  Likewise, should he be hit or sacked and he tries to break his fall landing on his right forearm with a bent elbow, that will shoot the upper part of the arm (Humerus)  into the AC joint space aggravating his injury more.  That will affect Ben's throws even more.   I think Ben will be 80-85% going in to the game (he isn't there quite yet) and will decrease from there during it... depending on what transpires.

3 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Romeo and Juliet were passionate and that was drama.  Clint Eastwood's man with no name was passionate but was not drama.  You do not understand the difference that I was making.

My point was a simple one, Big Ben has in the past gloried, for lack of a better word, his injuries on the field and talking about them off the field.  So the drama queen label was attached to Big Ben's handling of injuries in a manner to give the dramatic impression that he is a fighter, look at me I am playing through these injuries, look how tough I am.  Which is about someone taking the stage and taking actions to draw attention to himself that he, against all odds, is able overcome them and perform.  Understand?  

That was my point and it is limited and specifically defined character trait.  Some other QBs have this trait as other athletes, like Paul Pierce, among other things one time he had to be carted off the court in a wheel chair in the NBA Finals with what looked like a season ending knee injury and he looked like he was dying in pain, then like 10 mins. later he comes back fit as a fiddle with a stretch sleeve on his knee.  So that is my point.

Now some who have the hot heated trait of yelling at the refs and players, like every nearly coach in professional sports and many players, are not drama queens.  It is a different trait.  Unless of course you want to label all of them drama queens, which I doubt you would try to do.   You may want to call these people hot heated, immature, punkest or whatever, but there are not the same character trait as one who likes to present how he can overcome his injuries.

The problem is, whether Ben was being a "drama queen" or not, the severity of his injury likely dictated him being carted off.

4 minutes ago, Restored said:

The problem is, whether Ben was being a "drama queen" or not, the severity of his injury likely dictated him being carted off.

Yes I think it was safer to get him off the field and quickly given the stadium that they were playing.  Indeed, even with the cart a plastic bottle or two was thrown in his direction.  With his shoulder ailing him he would of likely walked off slower by foot than on a cart. 

I do not think in this particular case the carting off was Ben trying to make the injury look worse as much as it was best to get him off the field quickly given the stadium.    My points were relating to his entire career.

As a side note I found interesting in post game Rich Eisen make a joking reference to the Paul Pierce being carted off when talking about big Ben going off.   

2 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

Yes I think it was safer to get him off the field and quickly given the stadium that they were playing.  Indeed, even with the cart a plastic bottle or two was thrown in his direction.  With his shoulder ailing him he would of likely walked off slower by foot than on a cart. 

I do not think in this particular case the carting off was Ben trying to make the injury look worse as much as it was best to get him off the field quickly given the stadium.    My points were relating to his entire career.

As a side note I found interesting in post game Rich Eisen make a joking reference to the Paul Pierce being carted off when talking about big Ben going off.   

You need to understand why this was brought up in the first place. While Ben has been "dramatic" in his playing through injuries in the past before, this one appears to likely be the exception to that notion. A certain poster saying Ben will be fine because he's a drama queen isn't a logical way to view this situation and I think that's what Surge was referring too as well.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

You need to understand why this was brought up in the first place. While Ben has been "dramatic" in his playing through injuries in the past before, this one appears to likely be the exception to that notion. A certain poster saying Ben will be fine because he's a drama queen isn't a logical way to view this situation and I think that's what Surge was referring too as well.

I do not disagree with you and Surge on the notion, especially given the fact that he did not play for a portion of the game and was on the sidelines while the backup was playing a key series late in the game.   And yes it could be an exception to the general rule, well the one some of us perceive as a general rule/pattern of conduct. 

But sometimes though even though folks like us see it not to be the way it may seems as being like prior conduct, others might look at it as the boy who cries wolf.   I do 100% understand and agree with your post.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/17455/fridays-practice-a-big-one-for-ben-roethlisberger-antonio-brown

PITTSBURGH -- The injury report is out, and the news is not ideal forPittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, who just missed his second straight practice while under the concussion protocol.

From what I've gathered, the Steelers simply don't know when Brown will get over the concussion hump, though Brown himself has told people he's optimistic. It could be Friday. It could be Saturday. Or it could be next week, when it's possibly too late.

As for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the news is more encouraging. Roethlisberger was a limited participant in practice Thursday, and I'm told Friday might be the day he makes some competitive throws.

That's the key. Everyone knows he can deal with pain. Roethlisberger himself said he'll take pain medication if necessary. But can he throw the ball 25 yards downfield? That's the question the Steelers haven't answered yet.

On 1/12/2016 at 2:18 PM, amfootball said:

Exactly. They are all playing. Injuries will be played up all week and then if they win, it will be the warriors have somehow beaten all odds and beat the top seed. If they lose, blame the injuries. It is the Steeler way.

Brown is out.   So I guess you're wrong again

On 1/13/2016 at 7:43 PM, oldunclemark said:

Yeah, that is nonsense.  They are not going to get to Sunday before they find out if he can throw.

On 1/13/2016 at 7:24 PM, ColtRider said:

Sometimes I wonder what "exactly" the definition of the protocol entails and to what degree or degrees that scenario means. I'm sure it has multiple factors as to what type of concussion it is. Slight, moderate, severe, etc. 

Here below is the official policy-

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/lyris/pdfs/NFL_Diagnosis_Mgmt_Concussion.pdf

Here below is game day concussion diagnosis and management-

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/10/10/0ap3000000553505.pdf

Essentially, when a player is determined to have a concussion, he must be managed properly and pass 5 steps before returning to play.  To keep it short they are-

Rest and recovery. Players may stretch and work on their balance, but they don’t work out beyond that. In addition, they’re advised against spending time on computers, any electronic device and social media. They don’t take part in team meetings. Once symptoms have completely subsided, the player again performs more comprehensive neuropsychological tests.

Light aerobic exercise. Under supervision of the team’s medical staff, the player can start cardiovascular exercise, such as riding a stationary bike and using a treadmill, and work on more dynamic stretching and balancing. The workload is increased gradually and halted entirely if concussion-related symptoms recur. Players can attend team meetings and study film.

Continued aerobic exercise, introduction of strength training. Building gradually on the work of step 2, the player can start weight training.

Football-specific work. The player adds non-contact football drills, such as throwing, catching and running to his repertoire of exercise. No contact allowed with other players, tackling dummies or sleds.

Full football activity, full clearance. The player resumes practicing with the team, with no limitations. Once the team physician clears him to complete, the player is examined by the independent neurological consultant, who also reviews any relevant neurological tests.

Here is the NFL page explaining more-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000253716/article/nfls-2013-protocol-for-players-with-concussions

And Antonio Brown has not progressed quickly enough to be ready for the game, and is out.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-ruled-out-for-Sundays-game/afce6d14-e9cb-427c-9c50-78435b0e76da

I guess Adam Jones owes us all a public apology now.

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

That's basically what I meant...

He will throw before the game but not until Sunday....and WE wont know until his throws his first few passes

No,   what I'm saying is he will throw before game day.    They aren't going to show up at the stadium not knowing if he can throw 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

No,   what I'm saying is he will throw before game day.    They aren't going to show up at the stadium not knowing if he can throw 

Agree.   I think they have a good idea right now of what to expect, but are not sharing it, nor should they.  I know I wouldn't.

22 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Here below is the official policy-

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/lyris/pdfs/NFL_Diagnosis_Mgmt_Concussion.pdf

Here below is game day concussion diagnosis and management-

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/10/10/0ap3000000553505.pdf

Essentially, when a player is determined to have a concussion, he must be managed properly and pass 5 steps before returning to play.  To keep it short they are-

Rest and recovery. Players may stretch and work on their balance, but they don’t work out beyond that. In addition, they’re advised against spending time on computers, any electronic device and social media. They don’t take part in team meetings. Once symptoms have completely subsided, the player again performs more comprehensive neuropsychological tests.

Light aerobic exercise. Under supervision of the team’s medical staff, the player can start cardiovascular exercise, such as riding a stationary bike and using a treadmill, and work on more dynamic stretching and balancing. The workload is increased gradually and halted entirely if concussion-related symptoms recur. Players can attend team meetings and study film.

Continued aerobic exercise, introduction of strength training. Building gradually on the work of step 2, the player can start weight training.

Football-specific work. The player adds non-contact football drills, such as throwing, catching and running to his repertoire of exercise. No contact allowed with other players, tackling dummies or sleds.

Full football activity, full clearance. The player resumes practicing with the team, with no limitations. Once the team physician clears him to complete, the player is examined by the independent neurological consultant, who also reviews any relevant neurological tests.

Here is the NFL page explaining more-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000253716/article/nfls-2013-protocol-for-players-with-concussions

And Antonio Brown has not progressed quickly enough to be ready for the game, and is out.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-ruled-out-for-Sundays-game/afce6d14-e9cb-427c-9c50-78435b0e76da

I guess Adam Jones owes us all a public apology now.

It certainly appears that way, doesn't it? Wonder if Jones will comment? 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I doubt he plays either and if he does he is damaged goods. He couldn't even throw last week other than screen passes. I don't want nothing easy for Denver but I am rooting for them and that was the only reason why I wanted Pitt to win last week. The Chiefs would've been much tougher to beat.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt he plays either and if he does he is damaged goods. He couldn't even throw last week other than screen passes. I don't want nothing easy for Denver but I am rooting for them and that was the only reason why I wanted Pitt to win last week. The Chiefs would've been much tougher to beat.

I go by 2 things, the practice injury report, and his listing on Friday evening.  Ben was limited in Wed and Thur practices, and full practice today.  Full practice, means full reps (all of the throws, at game speed with O and D going at it.

Based upon these items, Ben Roethlisberger will start Sunday.  Questionable is 50%, but 2 limited practices followed by full practice point toward getting the start, not the other way.

Now, had Big Ben been DNP, and then Limted on Thur and Fri, and finally listed as doubtful, I would have looked for Landry Jones to get the start.  That wasn't the case. So Big Ben it is, it appears.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-roethlisberger-steelers-brown-williams-20160115-story.html

"It was great to have him back out there," receiver Martavis Bryant said. "He did a great job today; I know his arm is probably going to be sore after this."

Bryant termed Roethlisberger's arm strength as "same as usual."

"Ben is always gonna be Ben. He is a tough player and a great player, so he'll be ready to go on Sunday."

Fullback Will Johnson confirmed that among Roethlisberger's throws were "most of the route tree" and included deep throws.

"That was the plan coming in all week - for him to take it light during the early portions of the week and then Friday try it a little bit," Johnson said.

"I thought he did a nice job," coach Mike Tomlin told the team's official website. "He did everything we asked him to do. I was very specific about what I asked him to do. I wanted to see a variety of throws. I wanted to see enough, no more."

If Roethlisberger plays Sunday, however, it will be without his top receiving threat.

Brown - who had 136 catches, tied for the second-most in a season in NFL history - was ruled out before Friday's practice began. Tomlin informed players during meetings Friday morning.

"If [Brown was cleared to play], obviously, we would be excited about that," receiver Markus Wheaton said. "But we planned [all week] to not have him."