Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton to start in divisional round

Yehoodi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much expected. Big roll of the dice for Kubiak to start Manning at less than 100 percent but he went with experience over physical ability. Tough spot for him no matter which way he went. Will be worth following the weather for this game. Denver is getting snow showers this week.

52 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Pretty much expected. Big roll of the dice for Kubiak to start Manning at less than 100 percent but he went with experience over physical ability. Tough spot for him no matter which way he went. Will be worth following the weather for this game. Denver is getting snow showers this week.

I agree. You can just tell looking at him on the sidelines he hates the cold. I remember a few years ago in the afc game between the pats and broncos it was 50 degrees though.

14 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Ya it's still early. It can be 51 degrees or 9. So much can change. 

true.   I live in Ohio and we can have Spring Summer Fall and Winter weather all in the same week. haha

Just looking at the long range forecast online for Denver, and right now looking okay throughout the playoffs, but as you say, it could change.   We'll see.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

No % sherlock

??? You realize that Denver did not alter their offensive game plan vs GB but GB inexplicable left the middle of the field open? It was as head scratching as Pitt playing zone the first half vs Denver when Brock lit them up. Denver is who they are with Manning. They have to hope the run game is at least decent and that Manning can hit some out routes to keep the defense honest and not turn the ball over which may prove to be difficult given he was averaging 2 picks a game before Brock came in.

Just now, amfootball said:

??? You realize that Denver did not alter their offensive game plan vs GB but GB inexplicable left the middle of the field open? It was as head scratching as Pitt playing zone the first half vs Denver when Brock lit them up. Denver is who they are with Manning. They have to hope the run game is at least decent and that Manning can hit some out routes to keep the defense honest and not turn the ball over which may prove to be difficult given he was averaging 2 picks a game before Brock came in.

They did indeed change the game plan for the Packers game.  They ran a lot more of the Indy offense that game

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

They did indeed change the game plan for the Packers game.  They ran a lot more of the Indy offense that game

He has been running a hybrid since the first KC game. GB's game plan defensively was atrocious and Manning to his credit took advantage. Doubtful a defense is that dumb in the post-season.

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

He has been running a hybrid since the first KC game. GB's game plan defensively was atrocious and Manning to his credit took advantage. Doubtful a defense is that dumb in the post-season.

It won't matter if the running game shows up.  I know you are hoping upon hope they lose.  But if the running game is on,  they will be ok.  

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It won't matter if the running game shows up.  I know you are hoping upon hope they lose.  But if the running game is on,  they will be ok.  

I agree. They need the run game to even be in the game. But that will be tough as Pitt is 5th against the run and KC is 8th and Houston is 10. And they have had a tougher time running with Manning as the defense crowds the line because they don't respect his arm.

Denver decided to go one and done, then. 

I feel bad for Brock. He has out played Manning all year long statistically, and on the field. One bad game, and he's benched, though all Peyton did was throw for 59 yards and complete 5 passes, big deal. Tebow could of put that up. 

Pittsburgh is going to destroy them in the divisional round. All it will take is a few turnovers, and this will turn into a lopsided game in favor of the Steelers. 

Hopefully he finally retires after this becomes his 10th one and done in the playoffs. Though, I'd love to see him extend it to 11 next year. 

2 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I feel bad for Brock. He has out played Manning all year long statistically, and on the field. One bad game, and he's benched, though all Peyton did was throw for 59 yards and complete 5 passes, big deal. Tebow could of put that up. 

Pittsburgh is going to destroy them in the divisional round. All it will take is a few turnovers, and this will turn into a lopsided game in favor of the Steelers. 

Hopefully he finally retires after this becomes his 10th one and done in the playoffs. Though, I'd love to see him extend it to 11 next year. 

Who are the saints playing?

17 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Care for a friendly wager?

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

Easy roll of the dice IMO. Steelers don't have the Defense they have had in years past. It may not even be the Steelers anyway, it could be the Chiefs and I know they aren't winning in MileHigh twice.

31 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Why do you hate Peyton so much? Like seriously it's baffling. Even Patriots fans aren't this bad.

7 minutes ago, Restored said:

Why do you hate Peyton so much? Like seriously it's baffling. Even Patriots fans aren't this bad.

He does for some reason. I brought this up this other night. I like Bogie actually. Some people just hate certain players and love others. Just the way it is. I would like to know why he dislikes Peyton so much though.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Easy roll of the dice IMO. Steelers don't have the Defense they have had in years past. It may not even be the Steelers anyway, it could be the Chiefs and I know they aren't winning in MileHigh twice.

Steelers will roll Cincy without Dalton. But you are right, could be Chiefs who would be a worse match up for Denver with their defense sending Manning to the bench last game.

I am calling a Cincy upset in this game. I have watched McCarron and his throws outside the numbers, darn accurate. Plus, with Eifert back, the Steelers' weaknesses vs TEs will be exposed.

Big Ben will have enough issues throwing against the Bengals that the Bengals will limit Big Ben. If the Steelers' D was playing at home, I'd give them the edge but let's face it, the Steelers are not that good defensively and McCarron will eat clock, move the chains at home, and win the time of possession vs the Steelers. Marvin Lewis will finally win his first playoff game. That is my bold playoff prediction for this week.

Bengals 27 Steelers 24

5 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Steelers will roll Cincy without Dalton. But you are right, could be Chiefs who would be a worse match up for Denver with their defense sending Manning to the bench last game.

Steelers WILL NOT "roll" the Bengals. C'mon am, you're smarter than that. "Roll", to me at least, means winning by three scores.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Chiefs are the hottest team in football. I am nervous about them coming into Foxboro should the Steelers win as I expect them to.

They do not have the ability to come back in games, Steelers do. Besides, I am not on the Steelers bandwagon as much as the others are.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I am calling a Cincy upset in this game. I have watched McCarron and his throws outside the numbers, darn accurate. Plus, with Eifert back, the Steelers' weaknesses vs TEs will be exposed.

Big Ben will have enough issues throwing against the Bengals that the Bengals will limit Big Ben. If the Steelers' D was playing at home, I'd give them the edge but let's face it, the Steelers are not that good defensively and McCarron will eat clock, move the chains at home, and win the time of possession vs the Steelers. Marvin Lewis will finally win his first playoff game. That is my bold playoff prediction for this week.

Bengals 27 Steelers 24

I think Steelers will win but Cincy is due haha