Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton to start in divisional round

Yehoodi

On 1/7/2016 at 0:27 PM, amfootball said:

He has been running a hybrid since the first KC game. GB's game plan defensively was atrocious and Manning to his credit took advantage. Doubtful a defense is that dumb in the post-season.

Brock doesn't always see the field well yet.  Here's two examples where he completed the pass (gives him positive numbers, and I don't get nitpicked), but he missed even larger home run plays.

Missed a wide open post for a TD.  He completed the pass to DT at the 10, but there is still a chance for a pick, fumble, or getting stopped an settling for 3 points instead of the free 6 points-

BrockBad1_zpseluapzni.jpg

Here he completes the pass underneath, but misses his wide open big play guy further down the field for what looks like another free 6 points-

BrockBad3_zpspyswi3dn.jpg

Peyton (when decently healthy) doesn't miss those plays, and forces pressure on defenses to not have breakdowns like those above.  The day Peyton doesn't see those plays and connect on them is the day he should consider hanging them up.  I think he can still make those plays.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Brock doesn't always see the field well yet.  Here's two examples where he completed the pass (gives him positive numbers, and I don't get nitpicked), but he missed even larger hoe run plays.

Missed a wide open post for a TD.  He completed the pass to DT at the 10, but there is still a chance for a pick, fumble, or getting stopped an settling for 3 points instead of the free 6 points-

BrockBad1_zpseluapzni.jpg

Here he completes the pass underneath, but misses his wide open big play guy further down the field for what looks like another free 6 points-

BrockBad3_zpspyswi3dn.jpg

Peyton (when decently healthy) doesn't miss those plays, and forces pressure on defenses to not have breakdowns like those above.  The day Peyton doesn't see those plays and connect on them is the day he should consider hanging them up.  I think he can still make those plays.

Kubiak is in a tough spot with this decision. Manning for the most part can make the right reads but lacks the physical ability to make the throws that Brock can make. As an example, on one pass Sunday vs the Chargers, the 80 TD to DT, Brock threw for more yards and points than Manning did the entire second half. The run game will be taken away by playoff caliber teams forcing Manning to make the throws with the defense pinching up and daring him to throw. And therein lies the rub IMO and has been the issue this whole season for Denver. I expect Manning will have a lot longer leash than Brock did last week which means if Brock does get inserted the game will most likely be out or reach like it was vs KC when he came off the bench.

Kubiak made a tough call twice and was right both times (vs. KC when he pulled Peyton and in the last game when he pulled Brock)

I the post-season, you need the ability and confidence to make calls and changes at the line.

Brock cant have that with so little experience.

. Manning's not coming out....unless he gets hurt again...

Peyton threw the ball well against SD and he dosent need to throw off balance 50-yard passes.

The question is: Does Denver resign Brock after this season or stay with Peyton, who is under contract?

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Kubiak made a tough call twice and was right both times (vs. KC when he pulled Peyton and in the last game when he pulled Brock)

I the post-season, you need the ability and confidence to make calls and changes at the line.

Brock cant have that with so little experience.

. Manning's not coming out....unless he gets hurt again...

Peyton threw the ball well against SD and he dosent need to throw off balance 50-yard passes.

The question is: Does Denver resign Brock after this season or stay with Peyton, who is under contract?

I would sign Brock. The guy has shown promise. I don't know what brocks contract situation is if someone could tell me? But the only way I think Peyton comes back to the Broncos is through a cheap 1 year deal. A team would be crazy to sign him multiple years at crazy money.

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

Kubiak is in a tough spot with this decision. Manning for the most part can make the right reads but lacks the physical ability to make the throws that Brock can make. As an example, on one pass Sunday vs the Chargers, the 80 TD to DT, Brock threw for more yards and points than Manning did the entire second half. The run game will be taken away by playoff caliber teams forcing Manning to make the throws with the defense pinching up and daring him to throw. And therein lies the rub IMO and has been the issue this whole season for Denver. I expect Manning will have a lot longer leash than Brock did last week which means if Brock does get inserted the game will most likely be out or reach like it was vs KC when he came off the bench.

The 8 yard pass with 72 YAC...

Brock has physical tools. No one is questioning that his arm is stronger, but Brock chooses easier throws because his accuracy struggles with the deep ball. He has a 38 completion percentage, 34/88, with passes of more than 10 yards.

8 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

The 8 yard pass with 72 YAC...

Brock has physical tools. No one is questioning that his arm is stronger, but Brock chooses easier throws because his accuracy struggles with the deep ball. He has a 38 completion percentage, 34/88, with passes of more than 10 yards.

Why do you insist on posting Facts....??   :P  :hello:

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

You didn't watch the game huh?    Shocking 

Peyton will be cut.  He is set to make 19 million base salary, and 2.5 million in restructuring bonus.  That is 21.5 million cap hit.  He may sign for less, who knows?

Brock is making 1,118,944.00 in his last year of his rookie contract and is a UFA next year.  What do you think his market is?  He's not proven enough to be worth Tannehill money...  something like Nick Foles contract?

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Peyton will be cut.  He is set to make 19 million base salary, and 2.5 million in restructuring bonus.  That is 21.5 million cap hit.  He may sign for less, who knows?

Brock is making 1,118,944.00 in his last year of his rookie contract and is a UFA next year.  What do you think his market is?  He's not proven enough to be worth Tannehill money...  something like Nick Foles contract?

That's the question. It not all about Peyton....who will play for small bucks next year if he plays

Do you want Brock?....'promise and potential' are nice but you have to sign him for 8 figures for 4 or 5 years.

Has he shown you he can take a 'win now' team to the title.?

Elway ashcanned Tebow after a playoff win because he didn't think Tim could cut it long term.

He's not gong to sign a guy he does not think can win championships

On 1/7/2016 at 1:38 PM, amfootball said:

I would not do that my friend. I enjoy our discussions up here. I like your passion. You want your guy to do well. It is football in the end. It is all about enjoying our teams and favorite players. My biggest reason for wanting Denver to lose, not just Peyton is so the Pats get the AFCCG at home assuming they win their divisional round. But if Denver moves along to the SB, I will be voting for Peyton like I did back when he played Seattle. Perhaps he can have an Elway like ending and retire on a high note. Brady was able to do that for me last year so it would be fine to see Peyton do it if the Pats can't.

Oh really? 

"The alleged violations for Peyton should result in a one year suspension if proven that his wife illegally obtained HGH for him. But honestly, I will just take a tenth one and done that is almost certain to happen a week from tomorrow. He is and always will be the biggest choker in pro sports. The fact that he took HGH and did not win anything is the real joke here. Only Peyton. LOL."

22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Oh really? 

"The alleged violations for Peyton should result in a one year suspension if proven that his wife illegally obtained HGH for him. But honestly, I will just take a tenth one and done that is almost certain to happen a week from tomorrow. He is and always will be the biggest choker in pro sports. The fact that he took HGH and did not win anything is the real joke here. Only Peyton. LOL."

I know what he said isn't popular because it's the Homer attitude. Every colts fan loves Peyton just like pats fans love brady.  Anyway with that said Peyton has been a choker. IL also go on to say it's "more probable than not" he took HGH.   I know it sucks, sorry hate me. 

13 minutes ago, natedizel said:

I know what he said isn't popular because it's the Homer attitude. Every colts fan loves Peyton just like pats fans love brady.  Anyway with that said Peyton has been a choker. IL also go on to say it's "more probable than not" he took HGH.   I know it sucks, sorry hate 

Okie doke

13 minutes ago, natedizel said:

I know what he said isn't popular because it's the Homer attitude. Every colts fan loves Peyton just like pats fans love brady.  Anyway with that said Peyton has been a choker. IL also go on to say it's "more probable than not" he took HGH.   I know it sucks, sorry hate me. 

I know that the troll position is to make things up but even Al Jazerra never said Peyton took the HGH that his wife ordered

But I know you were in the closet...so you know

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I agree about Peyton but not sure about them signing Brock. If he was smart he would test the market and get all he can. There will be interest for him.

42 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I know that the troll position is to make things up but even Al Jazerra never said Peyton took the HGH that his wife ordered

But I know you were in the closet...so you know

haha  Yup labeled a troll because I said something that hurt your feelings. You can't prove he didn't take it.

• Nadine locked this topic