Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots lose to the Jets

snkdy

Just now, buffalo34 said:

I only do this when they beat the Patriots or Cowboys, but...

J-E-T-S

JETS JETS JETS

One less Monday that I need to deal with gloating Patriots fans at work.

I would be thrilled too, but we really needed NE to win for once. Oh well.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

NE at Miami next week and its a must win or they could end up being the '3' seed

Nope, they do have a bye clinched.

Bengals could regain control of the #1 seed by winning tomorrow night.

If not, I think the Broncos could get the #1 seed by winning out and having the Patriots lose (to Miami, so lol) next week.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Pats have 2 seed locked up. Pats clinch the #1 seed with a win at Miami next week. They can also get it if they lose to Phins and the winner of Monday night's game between the Bengals and Broncos loses their last game next week.

If the Bengals win tomorrow night, don't the Patriots lose control of the #1 seed?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That's my question. What 12-4 tiebreaker do the Pats have..just asking.

Conference losses would be even at 3....no head-to-head

Cincy has defeated Seatte and KC

I think it is strength of schedule. I will try to find the link with it spelled out. I know these tie breakers can be confusing. But the Pats knew heading into this Jets game that they did not need to win to get 1 seed and had Miami next week to get it locked up.

Not saying you're wrong.,.just want to understand..

Rules for 3-way ties (the way I read them) start with head to head

So with 3   12-4 teams..Denver would be No,1

Then AFC record...and they both hve 3 AFC losses...

Then strength of scheduiel (I believe)

among winning teams, Pats have beaten Pitt (9-6), Jets (10-5) and Houston...(9-6) and Wash (9-7)

Bengals have topped Seattle (9-5), Pitt  (9-6) and KC (10-5)

...didn't play the Jets or wash...

Looks like there is an insurmountable edge for the Pats

Jets are a tough team; that offense is very good and their defense is world class.  

Patriots were without their #1 and #2 WR, half their starting O-line, both starting safeties.

All of those , with the exception of Solder, will be back for the playoffs.  Edelman and Amendola healthy will fix 75% of the offensive issues. 

Just now, Blue Horseshoe said:

It was wierd.  The Patriots won the toss and decided to kick but they also want to choose the direction.  Had they deferred instead of saying they wanted to kick they could have picked the direction.

Hmmm.......

I did read some stuff on it. Sounds odd.

Well have to hand it to the Jets too. Looks like they are maybe in. I am stunned over Pittsburgh, they been rolling hot for weeks and it's almost as if not cold water was poured on them.

6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

If Pats win the #1 seed, that means they get a bye, yes? If so, I'm tired of that happening. I want to see the Pats prove they deserve that Superbowl by winning the wildcard round.

Soooo, a team only 'deserves' a championship if they play in a wildcard game?

No one can call Belichick out on this call because he is the greatest coach in the NFL. That does not make him perfect but proof of his greatness is the fact that every NFL fan wishes he was the coach of their team. I just learned yesterday one of the first things he did when he got to NE was to daft Brady. That game yesterday was a thriller. The sickening thing is when the Pats were down to their last 4th down and 8 to stay alive how automatic the pass to Gronkowski was. You simply knew it would be successful. What a deadly combo.

the intent on Belichick to KO after winning the coin toss was the defense was simply more effective than the offense at this point. That means if you hold the jets to 3 and out or close to it you only need a FG to win.

the odds were  slightly better with that strategy all things considered.  He had done this before with success.

12 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

the intent on Belichick to KO after winning the coin toss was the defense was simply more effective than the offense at this point. That means if you hold the jets to 3 and out or close to it you only need a FG to win.

the odds were  slightly better with that strategy all things considered.  He had done this before with success.

I thought it was a good call on Belichick's part at the time. And it looks like the Pats might have some competition at least twice a year now.

17 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

Jets are a tough team; that offense is very good and their defense is world class.  

Patriots were without their #1 and #2 WR, half their starting O-line, both starting safeties.

All of those , with the exception of Solder, will be back for the playoffs.  Edelman and Amendola healthy will fix 75% of the offensive issues. 

As if the Patriots are the only team in the NFL to fight through injuries..

When 2 NFL teams play and one team HAS to win to stay alive while the other team does not, bet on the desperate team, no matter what the standings say. The Jets are a good team- in no way is this to suggest that they aren't or that they didn't earn that win. But the situation was what it was. Had that been a playoff game, 5 starters who are "recuperating" would have played, and I think it would have changed the outcome. That said, I think the Jets could easily make a run. In fact, I like both likely wildcard teams (KC and Jets) to win round 1 versus Houston and either Cincy or Denver.

22 hours ago, Jules said:

Hmmm.......

I did read some stuff on it. Sounds odd.

Well have to hand it to the Jets too. Looks like they are maybe in. I am stunned over Pittsburgh, they been rolling hot for weeks and it's almost as if not cold water was poured on them.

Timing seemed odd to me. Brady has just taken them down the field to tie and the Jets defense had to be tired. Why not send offense back out in OT for the win? On the flip though, defense had stopped the Jets on third won but then got the PI call and then the pick that was not called for the big gain. It probably should have worked out for Bill.