Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drew Brees has torn plantar fascia in right foot

Gramz

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

Would not surprise me to see Brees play right through it. Most thought he would be done for a few weeks with his shoulder and he just took one week off.

Never had a torn plantar fascia I assume?

That or you are taking your usual shot at Manning

You know what never mind I know what it is gonna come to.

14 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Never had a torn plantar fascia I assume?

That or you are taking your usual shot at Manning

You know what never mind I know what it is gonna come to.

Actually reports are that he is going to play through it. Peyton played 10 games through it and it was clear he was up and down. Drew probably believes he can finish up the season because more than likely he will be a free agent next year with how much he is owed....he could very well end up in NY or Buffalo and that would change the entire face of the AFC East.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Actually reports are that he is going to play through it. Peyton played 10 games through it and it was clear he was up and down. Drew probably believes he can finish up the season because more than likely he will be a free agent next year with how much he is owed....he could very well end up in NY or Buffalo and that would change the entire face of the AFC East.

I can read in between the lines. 

I lived with plantar faciatis for 5 years off and on.  It's awful, and I'm not doing anything that requires quick footwork or planting hard off of the foot.  Antonio Gates playd with a torn one for more than a season.  He had pain numbing shots and then lived through absolutle he** for the rest of the week.  I don't think someone should be allowed to do that frankly... they should just actually work at healing up, but they haven't asked for my opionion :-).  

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

You can play with it..but the trick is: playing well with it. .

Hard to plant and throw..he'll be in some pain for sure...

Drew can finish the season on it..and Peyton could play if the games didnt matter.

But Denver's still in it and they probably haven't seen him  move well enough to drop back, throw hard or  or escape any rush...and they're still in the race..against the Bengals  'D', I;m guessing Peyton just cant move well enough to go

8 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I lived with plantar faciatis for 5 years off and on.  It's awful, and I'm not doing anything that requires quick footwork or planting hard off of the foot.  Antonio Gates playd with a torn one for more than a season.  He had pain numbing shots and then lived through absolutle he** for the rest of the week.  I don't think someone should be allowed to do that frankly... they should just actually work at healing up, but they haven't asked for my opionion :-).  

Most players attempt to play through it. The key is playing well. Some are able, some are not. I think for Brees, he is going to try to give it a go. Only 2 games left though and Saints are out of it so it might be good to sit him but Sean Payton may have a tough time convincing him to sit. lol.

25 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Brees is playing today.

Yep..looked good early too. He is a tough SOB and a great qb. Nobody can deny that. It also doesn't hurt that his smaller frame should put potentially less force on his injury as well....its all subjective really because no two injuries scenerios are alike. Peyton was on his all offseason and through a almost a dozen games. Eventually it will affect your play and you just hope to overcome it.

Brees playing with the exact same injury Manning has, who has missed the last 5 weeks and it's used an excuse for his poor play, and Brees is lighting it up today with a great first half. 

Will go down in history as being the one QB robbed of an MVP worse than anybody. 

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

Brees playing with the exact same injury Manning has, who has missed the last 5 weeks and it's used an excuse for his poor play, and Brees is lighting it up today with a great first half. 

Will go down in history as being the one QB robbed of an MVP worse than anybody. 

Brees looked excellent. I hope he stays with the Saints too.

He has been a real trooper this year playing with this foot injury and earlier this year with the shoulder. Thats Favre stuff.

5 hours ago, Bogie said:

As has been said, there are varying degrees of severity with injuries such as these. The difference between Manning and Brees over the course of their careers is that even with little help from teammates, Manning consistently made the playoffs. Brees hasn't for whatever reason. 

I do think that Manning could have played through his injury and probably would have if Jim Sorgi was the backup as opposed to a 2nd round pick that Elway has been eager to see in action. Couple that with a terrible OL and a new system for Manning to adapt to at age 39 and the well reputed rumours that Elway hasn't wanted Manning at all this season make some sense. 

10 hours ago, 19colt said:

As has been said, there are varying degrees of severity with injuries such as these. The difference between Manning and Brees over the course of their careers is that even with little help from teammates, Manning consistently made the playoffs. Brees hasn't for whatever reason. 

As a fan of both QB's, yes both have had to make it work with roster deficiencies, but there is no comparing the roster and coaching staff disruption that has been self-inflicted by an inept Saints front office (gross salary cap mismanagement) and bountygate to the system continuity of Manning's Colts with talent shortage due to some bad drafting and overpaid system players (still productive).  

The Saints have essentially forfeited their ability to compete at a meaningful level during the second half of an elite QB's prime years because of gross negligence.  The legacy of Drew Brees is alive and well, but how Mickey Loomis escapes national ridicule is beyond me.