Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Jaguars are slowly building a team for the future

RockThatBlue

Bortles is third in TDs with 30. Robinson and Hurns are impressive, they are starting to use Julius Thomas a bit more since he's become healthy, TJ Yeldon looks like he could be the RB of the future for that team. If they can get a defense they could be a solid team, they have a nice young looking core on offense. They aren't a guaranteed win anymore like they used to be. 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think our whole Division will be Good next season. It wouldn't surprise me at all if 1 team didn't finish below .500. Even the Titans with Mariota could finish .500 as he is Good. We still have Andrew Luck so we have the advantage but we have to improve our O.Line and get a Pass Rusher in the off season.

QB play certainly has become much improved in the division for sure.

I like what they're doing in Jacksonville, personally.  I was a Bortles fan when he was coming out of college and I really like Gus Bradley.  They're slowly building a really solid foundation, especially on offense.  After so many years of terrible play and incompetence, I love to see the Jaguars doing well (except when they play the Colts)

22 minutes ago, MTC said:

Jaguars have young talent on offense, but they're defense is pretty bad. They need a lot more talent. 

The 3rd pick overall, Pass Rusher Dante Fowler missed this season.
  SS James Sample was chosen by them ahead of our Geathers. A broken arm has slowed him.
   6th rd pick DT Michael Bennett from Ohio Sate has beefed up and getting some PT.

On 12/15/2015 at 1:31 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think our whole Division will be Good next season. It wouldn't surprise me at all if 1 team didn't finish below .500. Even the Titans with Mariota could finish .500 as he is Good. We still have Andrew Luck so we have the advantage but we have to improve our O.Line and get a Pass Rusher in the off season.

It's very possible. 

In 2010, the NFC West had the 7-9 division winner. Ever since, they've had a team in the NFCCG every year. SF would still be a powerhouse if they didn't push Harbaugh out the door. More than likely, Arizona or Seattle will be in the NFCCG this year. The Rams are a good 8-8 team, mostly thanks to having Jeff Fisher as coach. 

Last year, the South was a horrible division and so far this year, the division has improved greatly with even Tampa Bay making the surprise, though all eyes are pointed at Carolina being 13-0. The Saints and Bucs will probably finish 8-8 or 7-9. I look for Atlanta to finish 6-10 or 7-9. So hard to believe they started 5-0 and only won one game after. 

The Texans IMO are the team in the AFC South that is the garbage team. Two failed Belichick coaches, no quarterback after trying out ex-Brady backups, and who's to say JJ Watt don't leave the team in the future for a big contract? Watt's all they got pretty much. One day, they're going to really regret letting Wade Philips walk when it comes to who's coaching defense. 

I'm not really sold on Jacksonville either. I think they may be getting too much praise for this 50 point beat down. I'm going to hold out onto next year if I believe they're for real or not. 

It's depressing to look at how bad the AFC South is and the trouble the Colts have went through. I am really hoping Andrew Luck don't get any bad injuries next year. The kid needs some success and a good year after the nightmare that unfolded this season. 

On 12/15/2015 at 6:29 PM, 18Manning said:

Don't we play Jacksonville in London next season? Actually, should be a decent game. Assuming they keep getting better and the Colts look like the Colts next season.

3rd OC in 4 years - Arians, Pep and now Chud. Let's not put Luck in an Alex Smith like situation and keep Chud through this offseason. I believe some stability is warranted.

Stability of offensive system with just a few tweaks from year to year is what kept the old Peyton Colts and Brady's Patriots humming year after year, IMO.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

3rd OC in 4 years - Arians, Pep and now Chud. Let's not put Luck in an Alex Smith like situation and keep Chud through this offseason. I believe some stability is warranted.

Stability of offensive system with just a few tweaks from year to year is what kept the old Peyton Colts and Brady's Patriots humming year after year, IMO.

Keeping Chud doesn't mean that Luck won't have to learn a new system...

What is important is to install an identity in the offensive system ASAP, whether we keep the same playbook or not.

5 hours ago, Bogie said:

It's very possible. 

In 2010, the NFC West had the 7-9 division winner. Ever since, they've had a team in the NFCCG every year. SF would still be a powerhouse if they didn't push Harbaugh out the door. More than likely, Arizona or Seattle will be in the NFCCG this year. The Rams are a good 8-8 team, mostly thanks to having Jeff Fisher as coach. 

Last year, the South was a horrible division and so far this year, the division has improved greatly with even Tampa Bay making the surprise, though all eyes are pointed at Carolina being 13-0. The Saints and Bucs will probably finish 8-8 or 7-9. I look for Atlanta to finish 6-10 or 7-9. So hard to believe they started 5-0 and only won one game after. 

The Texans IMO are the team in the AFC South that is the garbage team. Two failed Belichick coaches, no quarterback after trying out ex-Brady backups, and who's to say JJ Watt don't leave the team in the future for a big contract? Watt's all they got pretty much. One day, they're going to really regret letting Wade Philips walk when it comes to who's coaching defense. 

I'm not really sold on Jacksonville either. I think they may be getting too much praise for this 50 point beat down. I'm going to hold out onto next year if I believe they're for real or not. 

It's depressing to look at how bad the AFC South is and the trouble the Colts have went through. I am really hoping Andrew Luck don't get any bad injuries next year. The kid needs some success and a good year after the nightmare that unfolded this season. 

Your Division is decent this year and of course with the Panthers at 13-0 makes it look real good. What do you think Brees'  and Payton's future will be with the Saints?

The worst division in football is what...2 players from being the best? Imagine if Luck didn't get hurt and the Texans had a quarterback of their own. Throw in a coach whose brain is bigger than his chin thimble and the Texans would be lethal. And as long as nothing happens to the Jags they'll be in it next year.

The Jags have been blessed beating teams with issues while losing to teams they should never have. Beating the Colts with a sick back up QB, the Bills with EJ at QB and the teams that are piled on the bottom (Titans, Ravens and Dolphins). This is the same team that would have been in first place but lost to a couple of 2 win teams (Titans and Chargers). How good can they be? Not sure, but playing a bottom feeders schedule and going 5-7 may be an upgrade from years past, but it's still the same team that played 2 good teams (Jets and Pats), lost to one and got pile driven by the other..