Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats On New England Earning Their 2Nd Bye Week (Merge)

ReMeDy

You were the guy that said timmy had 189 yards,when in fact he had 316.lol The pats will stuff the box,just like pitt and their secondary will get burnt big time!I think denver will come directly at and challenge brady.

you're full off solid football insight. the pats beat denver without doing anything you just mentioned. But, after watching Pitt make those mistakes, you are correct, belichick, the greatest coach of our generation will do exactly what Pitt did.

how have you not been contacted by the various teams looking to fill a coaching vacancy?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're full off solid football insight. the pats beat denver without doing anything you just mentioned. But, after watching Pitt make those mistakes, you are correct, belichick, the greatest coach of our generation will do exactly what Pitt did.

how have you not been contacted by the various teams looking to fill a coaching vacancy?

Getting scared...are we?The tebow train rolls into 'NE' country soon.The broncos will jam welker at the line of scrimmage all day,and go after brady.I don't think 'NE' has any hope of actually winning this game.Their only advantage is they're at home.The broncos will win 31-17.I was exactly right about the pitt game(look at my past comments).I'm confident that i'm right again.

Getting scared...are we?The tebow train rolls into 'NE' country soon.The broncos will jam welker at the line of scrimmage all day,and go after brady.I don't think 'NE' has any hope of actually winning this game.Their only advantage is they're at home.The broncos will win 31-17.I was exactly right about the pitt game(look at my past comments).I'm confident that i'm right again.

You should be an NFL coach...what are you doing on an Indy message board?

Look...of course the Broncos could win...thats the nature of todays NFL....but you make it sound like its a simple thing to do 'just because' they beat Pittsburgh.

You cant honestly believe NE will only score 17 points? Denver's defense isnt bad but im pretty sure if a Steelers team with a hobbled Big Ben, no Mendenhall and a patchwork O-line can put up 26 on them NE is going to put as many or more. Dont forget the Steelers offense put up 13 points the previous week against a bad Browns team. Their offense was a shell of itself. Not to mention a healthy Steelers offense isnt even nearly as good as NE's.

I just cant see Denver being able to match NE on offense. Tebow played a good game but I still dont think he's suddenly a good QB. Pittsburgh's defense was also a shell of itself in this game and their gameplan was awful. Woodley was playing hurt, Casey Hampton and Kiesel both got hurt early in the game and obviously they didnt have Clark (which proved huge). They gave Tebow single coverage all game and they put Troy P. back in single high alot and he played awful all game biting on play action and getting fooled all game.

The 2 things you cant do when playing Tebow is A.) let him get outside the pocket and B.) give him single coverage deep down the field. The one thing the dude has in terms of passing is a strong arm and good deep ball. The thing he cant do well is throw accurate intermediate throws consistently. I have a feeling NE is going to do what KC did. Play man to man with 1 or 2 safeties deep and make him throw accurately underneath.

Just not sure he can do it. Well see.

The broncos will win this game as well.The pats secondary is horrible and their running game is subpar.They also can't get any real pressure on the QB(CARTER IS OUT),so i fully expect denver wins this game,if they can pressure brady with dumervil and miller.I think they win by 14 or more.

So tell me why the Patriots won by 18 in their previous meeting. Carter went out in the 1st quarter of that game.

You were the guy that said timmy had 189 yards,when in fact he had 316.lol

The pats will stuff the box,just like pitt and their secondary will get burnt big time!I think denver will come directly at and challenge brady.

Thanks for making me laugh out loud.

BB doesn't scheme like the Steelers do. He adapts. Lebeau didn't.

I can't tell if you're just messing around with Pats fans or if you're serious MBCD. But if you actually want to talk football, here's why you're wrong about a few things. ;)

He completed 10 passes for 316 yards(that's roughly 30 yards a completion),with 3 TD'S total.I think that's the definition of tearing someone apart.I think people care too much about CP%,and its an overrated misguided stat.Do you want to know who else had a crappy CP%?John Elway.

You're missing a major point here.

Tebow didn't shred the Steelers' defense for four quarters. He hit on big plays. Huge plays. The Steelers essentially dared him to beat them deep and Tebow delivered. What did he have, something like four pass plays of 40+ yards? Completing less than half your passes isn't generally considered to be a "carving them up" type of performance. Not to take anything away from Tebow, because he made those big plays, but the Steelers kept giving him those opportunities and were foolish to do that.

The broncos will win this game as well.The pats secondary is horrible and their running game is subpar.They also can't get any real pressure on the QB(CARTER IS OUT),so i fully expect denver wins this game,if they can pressure brady with dumervil and miller.I think they win by 14 or more.

No problem with your prediction... maybe you're right. And yes, the Patriots' secondary is bad, and their running game is not going to carry them. But as much as he had a great year, Andre Carter's absence means very little here. He's not Dwight Freeney. And even with a healthy Carter, NE had trouble generating a pass rush at a lot of times this year.

On the other side of the ball, the Patriots handle outside pass rushers very well. Matt Light essentially made Dumervil a non-factor in the regular season game, and they did an excellent job keeping Miller away from Brady as well using Gronkowski for the most part to chip him. That's why Hernandez had nine catches in that game.

NE struggles more against teams that generate a good interior pass rush, like the Giants. The Broncos are more of an outside pass rush type of team.

The pats will stuff the box,just like pitt and their secondary will get burnt big time!I think denver will come directly at and challenge brady.

You're just plain dead wrong on this one. They will definitely not "stuff the box" and leave their corners in man coverage like Pittsburgh did. They'll keep the safeties deep and will make Tebow do the one thing he hasn't shown he can do consistently --- march his team down the field in a methodical manner on long, extended drives. Like I said earlier, he beat Pittsburgh with big plays. If you make him throw the ball short, and often, he typically does not come through.

The key will be for NE to start fast and build a lead. Turn this game into a track meet... that's how they've played it all season. That's how the offense "protects" the subpar defense. And that will take away the running game a bit and will leave Denver with no option but to try to move down the field.

So instead of 3 play scoring drives, you force them to try to take 8 or 10 or 12 plays to score each time. Then play solid defense in the red zone, and make the Broncos try to keep up on the scoreboard.

LOL and completing 39/45 for 9 yards per completion would have been more of a tearing up demonstration? The Steelers had the #1 pass defense and they were torched for several big plays! IMO thats much more valuable than a guy dinking and dunking cake passes.

LOL and completing 39/45 for 9 yards per completion would have been more of a tearing up demonstration? The Steelers had the #1 pass defense and they were torched for several big plays! IMO thats much more valuable than a guy dinking and dunking cake passes.

He tore them. Ill give the kid credit for making Pittsburgh pay for daring him with one on one. He had a good game. I just think hes going to struggle again when a team decides to take away the deep ball and make him throw accurately underneath. Which im guessing NE is going to try to do.

Pittsburgh was hardly the D they usually are with the injuries. Even if they did beat Denver they would have gotten crushed by NE I bet.

The Patriots have 3 losses this year. All three of those losses came against the ONLY teams on their schedule to finish the season with a record above .500. They are not that good, and their defense is abysmal.

Remember last year, they "exposed" the Jets 45-3, only to get dominated in the playoffs, at home, by the same team a few weeks later.

Anything can happen.

This. And I think Tebow brings an upset to Foxboro.

That's the whole point.

So far, has Tebow shown that he's capable of going 39/45 at 9 yards/attempt?

That's what you want to make him do... work his way down the field and make him execute. The Patriots may not win this game, but they will not get beaten by big plays like the Steelers did. I guarantee you that.

lets not underestimate ANY teams in the playoffs. Its a whole different scene. Patriots are 2-6 overall against the Broncos INCLUDING the playoffs.

That included when Jake Plummer was running the offense a few years back. If Plummer can do it, then obviously Tebow can do it.

lets not underestimate ANY teams in the playoffs. Its a whole different scene. Patriots are 2-6 overall against the Broncos INCLUDING the playoffs.

That included when Jake Plummer was running the offense a few years back. If Plummer can do it, then obviously Tebow can do it.

What does a game 6 years ago have to do with a game in 2011? Even then that was probably the 2nd worst NE team in the Brady era. NE outgained Denver significantly too but lost mainly due to TOs.

Not saying Denver cant win just wouldnt bet on it.

Of course they can. They have the ability to win.

Tebow has the ability to win. But I think the Pats will put points up. That will force the Broncos to try to match the points. Review will try to force the issue and end up making mistakes. The best shot for the Broncos to win isn't Tebow, it is the Defense. When Brady plays poorly they lose. However, Brady picked them apart once already and he can do it again.

I don't think Brady will be able to pick them apart again. That was when they were on the losing skid, they weren't playing as a team. They have regrouped and they will put up a fight.

I guess we'll find out in a couple of days.

I don't think Brady will be able to pick them apart again. That was when they were on the losing skid, they weren't playing as a team. They have regrouped and they will put up a fight.

False.

In fact, you couldnt be MORE wrong.

The Broncos came into that game with New England on a 6-game win streak.

wait a minute wait a minute...i see what you're doing now!

Silly me...sorry I didnt pick up on it at first...You're saying that because we lost our last two playoff games at home to lower seeds, that means we are going to lose this weekend? I get it now! I should have realized that no team has ever won the Superbowl after coming off disappointing home playoff game losses!!! Especially teams with historically bad defenses....right?

The Denver game should be a tough one, not sure why we are 14 pts or so favorites, we could easily smoke them as easily as it could be a close game . . . also Denver could win too, but I think we will have to play our B or lower game, see Baltimore jan 2010,and/or have a few bounces go there way, since Den/NE Jan 2006,

if both teams bring their A game, I think we win . . .

It will be interesting to see if the Pats have any skeltons in the closest, well maybe ghosts, where there is any mental setback about having loss the last two years in the first round and if that will effect them on Sat, nice to be able to get a win under our belts . . .

The game may go the way of the regular season where we took their biggest blows then play better in the last 3 qtrs . . .

I do think if the pats get ahead early by 7 or 10 points it should be a long day for the Broncos . . .

Tebow will be the X factor, if he played the way he did late in the regular season it is going to be tough for denver to win, if he can complete the short medium passes, which the pats will give them, it is going to be a good game

I respect the Pats fans on this forum declaring this a close game, but let's be honest, the Pats will smoke Denver. It's okay to be honest - as a Colts fan, I'm giving Pats fans permission to say they'll smoke the Broncos. Just wear your moustaches and you'll do fine.

I respect the Pats fans on this forum declaring this a close game, but let's be honest, the Pats will smoke Denver. It's okay to be honest - as a Colts fan, I'm giving Pats fans permission to say they'll smoke the Broncos. Just wear your moustaches and you'll do fine.

Trust me, we would love to. We just dont know. Do I fully expect to win this game? Absolutely. Would I be completely surprised if we didnt? No...its just the nature of todays NFL. Do I think our last two playoff losses have any bearing on this game? No...the circumstances surrounding them are just so different....and one thing I will say about this Patriots team is that over the years we've been pretty good about beating the teams that we SHOULD beat...and we should beat this Bronco team.

Well, the more I hear "Tebow this" and "Tebow that," the more I think the Patriots will end up handing the Broncos a walloping tomorrow night. They're not a team that buys into hype much, even if it's about them.

Last game of the year a couple years ago Welker went down against the Texans ... This time around its going to be Brady he will go down and will miss next season, and will be uncertain of ever playing again alah Manning style - hope thats not true, but thats what the eight ball just told me.

Historically Broncos match up well against Pats, just saying...

Tebows gonna build a hospital...

"Historically"?

What does that even mean?

The Dolphins have a winning record against the Patriots. Does that mean they have a solid chance when going against the Patriots?

Nope, didn't think so.

Mind applying what actually happened a few weeks ago when the Patriots started off slow and won by 18?

Do you still doubt Brady's ability to pick them apart? Breed might have gotten all of the accolades this season, but Brady is the best in the league right now without a doubt.