Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats On New England Earning Their 2Nd Bye Week (Merge)

ReMeDy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Baltimore/Houston better make reservations to Boston or Providence (whichever airport they use to fly in, I don't know) Belichick and co. exposed this gimmicky offense a few weeks back like skin being exposed on a sunny day at the beach and getting sunburn. Heck, the Bills and Chiefs, both vastly inferior teams to Pittsburgh, followed suit and kept the Broncos stymied. The Patriots already obliterated the Broncos in Mile High, so they've essentially got a free trip to the AFC Championship game since Denver has to come to Foxboro. Which means I get an extra week of sleepless nights knowing Brady has a chance to get another ring this year.

Seriously, if the gimmicky college draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw shotgun play-action fake draw draw draw draw draw draw draw draw fake to three players THEN run the ball didn't work on Belichick and co. the first time, you're out of your mind if you think it's going to work the second time around.

Given how crippled Pittsburgh was going into this game, they probably didn't have too much of a chance in Foxboro had they won either.

Ok, so the Patriots already won on Saturday. Next is either Baltimore or Houston. Houston has half of their star players injured and that WOULD bite them big time in Foxboro, and Baltimore is bad on the road.

So, I guess the Saints or the Packers are my/our last hope then? It's pretty much set in stone that Brady's getting at least an AFC Championship ring this postseason? Why does the AFC have to be so bad? A Peytonless Colts, a Schaubless Texans, a crippled Steelers, and Baltimore's probably overachieving.

They should be good and rusty for the AFC Championship then....

Hmmmmm, I just realized I have no idea how to insert the smiley with the rolling eyes........but if I knew how, that's what would be here dag nabbit!!! :)

Just click on the yellow smiley face that is above your post. A row of emoticons will then show up underneath your posting area.

Then, click on "show all". You will then be able to view all the available emoticons including :rollseyes:.

Or, you can just type the word . . . rollseyes . . . and add a colon before and after the word.

Calling anyone an expert on picking playoff wins is hysterical. If it wasn't for the one sided officiating in the Saints/ Lions game there very well could have been two major upsets this weekend by the so called experts! I'm sure BB watched last nights game and didn't one time think to himself "Wow were going to train wreck this team next week." I would say it was more like "Daaaammmnnnn, guess I'll be watching a ton of film this week trying to figure out a new game plan for the Broncos, why couldn't the Steelers have won!!"

I guess anything short of a superbowl win is going to be considered failure for timmy.He tore the steelers-up,so what makes you think he can't do the same thing to NE?

tore the steelers up? he completed 10 passes for 189 yards. did you watch the game?

tore the steelers up? he completed 10 passes for 189 yards. did you watch the game?

YES he tore them up! IF it werent for a mystery whistle / blown call by the refs and a late fumble by McGahee it would have been a 3-4 TD win for the Broncos! This game was not as close as the officials made it!

Not to mention the passes which hit the receivers in the hands and were dropped.

316 yards.... Did you watch the game? Calling someone out with bogus stats. lmao.... Troll

apologies, you are correct 316 yards. i still say a QB completing 10 passes is far from tearing a D up. if denver had any other QB in the game it would have been a 30 pt blowout. how many times can you bounce passes to wide open receivers and get bailed out by your D?

apologies, you are correct 316 yards. i still say a QB completing 10 passes is far from tearing a D up. if denver had any other QB in the game it would have been a 30 pt blowout. how many times can you bounce passes to wide open receivers and get bailed out by your D?

He threw 10 passes for 316 yards. Ben threw 21 for 289 I believe. The amount of completed passes means squat. Its all about yards. Thats what wins games.

The Patriots have 3 losses this year. All three of those losses came against the ONLY teams on their schedule to finish the season with a record above .500. They are not that good, and their defense is abysmal.

Remember last year, they "exposed" the Jets 45-3, only to get dominated in the playoffs, at home, by the same team a few weeks later.

Anything can happen.

The reason why the Broncos hit those passes is because the Steelers stupidly and continually played both safeties up close to the line of scrimmage.

The Patriots won't play that way, and therefore Tebow (whom I respect) will be forced to throw (if he throws, that is) into double-coverage.

The Steelers hurt themselves tremendously when they forced Tebow out of the pocket. He's actually MORE comfortable running around and throwing outside of the pocket than inside the pocket. I anticipate that the Patriots will try to keep him inside the pocket.

The Patriots have 3 losses this year. All three of those losses came against the ONLY teams on their schedule to finish the season with a record above .500. They are not that good, and their defense is abysmal.

Remember last year, they "exposed" the Jets 45-3, only to get dominated in the playoffs, at home, by the same team a few weeks later.

Anything can happen.

I was going to bring up the Jets from last year as an example also. The Patriots smoked them 45-3 and then lost a few short weeks later when no one gave NY a chance. Anything can happen.

Your other tidbit is a bit misleading though, Doogan.

The Jets, Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Eagles, and Cowboys would all have had winning records if they had beaten NE in those games. Goes double for the Jets, since NE beat them twice.

It's gonna make you sick to your stomach to see Brady hoist the Lombardi in the "house that Peyton built," huh? :number1: ;)

It will come down to how the Broncos defense plays against the Patriots offense.

I don't think the Broncos O can keep up so it falls on the shoulders of the defense. Also last time Tebow had some fumbles and needs to protect the ball.

I don't think we can say the Pats have earned a 2nd round bye. No team in the NFL is a pushover, especially playoff teams. No one expected the Seahawks to beat the Saints last year, but it happened. Very few expected the Colts to win anything this year, but we did. Very few expected the Giants to beat the Pats, but it happened. You can never say anything is a gimmie in this league. Any given Sunday, that's why the game is played

I don't think we can say the Pats have earned a 2nd round bye. No team in the NFL is a pushover, especially playoff teams. No one expected the Seahawks to beat the Saints last year, but it happened. Very few expected the Colts to win anything this year, but we did. Very few expected the Giants to beat the Pats, but it happened. You can never say anything is a gimmie in this league. Any given Sunday, that's why the game is played

Guess I'm slow. Thought topic was a congrats for 2 byes the last two seasons:)

yeah and add Fox will adjust his defense (how good who knows). Its a playoff game..... yep real bye.

No...... Tebow is a great QB the Pats D doesn't have a chance.....

Tebow has as much heart and determination as anyone. However, he has a slow delivery, he is often indecisive with the ball and holds onto it too long. I think Tebow is a great guy, but not a great QB. At least not yet. I believe Brady will be able to put up more than enough to get a win and the Pats' D will be sufficient. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what my gut is telling me based on what I've seen this year.

Tebow has as much heart and determination as anyone. However, he has a slow delivery, he is often indecisive with the ball and holds onto it too long. I think Tebow is a great guy, but not a great QB. At least not yet. I believe Brady will be able to put up more than enough to get a win and the Pats' D will be sufficient. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what my gut is telling me based on what I've seen this year.

Tebow is a little hesitant to throw, but if Tebow is able to scramble it will open up some throws downfield when they keep a guy down to keep Tebow from scrambling. I don't think the Pats D will be able to cover all of the WRs and stop him from scrambling. That is what I think will be the difference, maybe not his arm but his ability to run. Plus the broncos have a some good backs, a decent D, and a good kicker. I think the Broncos can do it.

Tebow is a little hesitant to throw, but if Tebow is able to scramble it will open up some throws downfield when they keep a guy down to keep Tebow from scrambling. I don't think the Pats D will be able to cover all of the WRs and stop him from scrambling. That is what I think will be the difference, maybe not his arm but his ability to run. Plus the broncos have a some good backs, a decent D, and a good kicker. I think the Broncos can do it.

Of course they can. They have the ability to win.

Tebow has the ability to win. But I think the Pats will put points up. That will force the Broncos to try to match the points. Review will try to force the issue and end up making mistakes. The best shot for the Broncos to win isn't Tebow, it is the Defense. When Brady plays poorly they lose. However, Brady picked them apart once already and he can do it again.

YES he tore them up! IF it werent for a mystery whistle / blown call by the refs and a late fumble by McGahee it would have been a 3-4 TD win for the Broncos! This game was not as close as the officials made it!

Not to mention the passes which hit the receivers in the hands and were dropped.

He completed 10 passes for 316 yards(that's roughly 30 yards a completion),with 3 TD'S total.I think that's the definition of tearing someone apart.I think people care too much about CP%,and its an overrated misguided stat.Do you want to know who else had a crappy CP%?John Elway.

The broncos will win this game as well.The pats secondary is horrible and their running game is subpar.They also can't get any real pressure on the QB(CARTER IS OUT),so i fully expect denver wins this game,if they can pressure brady with dumervil and miller.I think they win by 14 or more.

The broncos will win this game as well.The pats secondary is horrible and their running game is subpar.They also can't get any real pressure on the QB(CARTER IS OUT),so i fully expect denver wins this game,if they can pressure brady with dumervil and miller.I think they win by 14 or more.

all this is true.... horrible secondary, subpar running game, cant get pressure. has been the case since week 1. yet the Pats went 13-3

first rd bye. and beat denver already. on to the AFCC

all this is true.... horrible secondary, subpar running game, cant get pressure. has been the case since week 1. yet the Pats went 13-3

first rd bye. and beat denver already. on to the AFCC

You were the guy that said timmy had 189 yards,when in fact he had 316.lol

The pats will stuff the box,just like pitt and their secondary will get burnt big time!I think denver will come directly at and challenge brady.

The Steelers also had a hurt QB, a backup center, a backup safety and a backup running back. They also got to play at home, whereas the Pats game is in Foxborough. And after all of that, it took the Broncos overtime to beat the Steelers because the Steelers almost came back in the 2nd half.

The Steelers had the #1 pass defense in the AFC!

Who has the #16 defense in the AFC? Is it the Patriots?

Even the unbelievable can happen when you believe!

Its Bronco time!

Brady one and done again!

The Steelers had six players out with injury, too..(including the entire starting D-line) ..Lets tell the WHOLE truth..

the Pats are healthy