Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

15 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

I don't care, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the mentality of Colts fans has been reduced to the point of caring more about the Patriots losing than they do about the Colts winning. 

Superman, you say this game doesn't matter, but then you go on to say 'as long as the Colts don't lose to the Texans' as a possible stipulation to the Colts making the playoffs. Yes, the Colts don't NEED the Patriots to beat the Texans, but wouldn't any logical fan want to take that 'as long as' out of the Colts postseason hopes? Especially with the way the Colts have looked overall this season, it simply doesn't make any sense at all that you don't feel like a one-game buffer in the division with 3 weeks to play would be beneficial. 

Nothing wrong with our Mentality. 

No Need for personal Insults. 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Superman, you say this game doesn't matter, but then you go on to say 'as long as the Colts don't lose to the Texans' as a possible stipulation to the Colts making the playoffs. Yes, the Colts don't NEED the Patriots to beat the Texans, but wouldn't any logical fan want to take that 'as long as' out of the Colts postseason hopes? Especially with the way the Colts have looked overall this season, it simply doesn't make any sense at all that you don't feel like a one-game buffer in the division with 3 weeks to play would be beneficial. 

Goodness...

Same way, the Texans can lose the Pats, and then win out, and the Colts still need to go 3-1.

Bigger picture, in order for the Colts to do anything once they get to the playoffs, they need to be playing well enough to beat the teams remaining on our schedule. If they can't clinch without help. then all their postseason ambitions are shrug-worthy anyways. If we can't beat the Texans at home, can we win a home playoff game? If we can't beat the Jags on the road, can we win a road divisional game?

It's really simple. Given the fact that the Colts don't need the Texans to lose to clinch a playoff spot, I'm not worried about whether they beat the Patriots. Full stop.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

That's not what this is about and you know it.  There's no need to understand it, but even if there were, it's a matter of preference.  End of story.  Nothing else to discuss.  

But no, what this is really about is trying to bait Colts fans into either saying something about how great the Pats are or otherwise speak from a position of superiority, as if Pats fans know how to be better fans than Colts fans.  What other reason is there for all the hypotheticals?  You're looking for a particular answer so that once you get it, you can use it to backfire on whoever gives it.  You've done it enough times that you can't even really hide it at this point. 

Actually, no. I have zero desire to do any of what you mentioned. I have no hidden motive. The prevailing opinion on this topic from Colts fans honestly honestly baffles me and that really is all that I'm talking about in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

That's not what this is about and you know it.  There's no need to understand it, but even if there were, it's a matter of preference.  End of story.  Nothing else to discuss.  

But no, what this is really about is trying to bait Colts fans into either saying something about how great the Pats are or otherwise speak from a position of superiority, as if Pats fans know how to be better fans than Colts fans.  What other reason is there for all the hypotheticals?  You're looking for a particular answer so that once you get it, you can use it to backfire on whoever gives it.  You've done it enough times that you can't even really hide it at this point. 

I am completely lost and somewhat embarrassed now.........

How can my fanbase be so illogical at times it is astounding to me. I joke around and stuff myself at times but seriously you think that they are trying to just get compliments from you?

9 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Don't deserve to be in? Tell that to the Giants who were the sixth seed in 2007 and scratched into the playoffs as a bad team and won the SB. Any team that gets in no matter how they get there deserve to be in and have a chance at that ring.

I'm sorry, I don't have Tom Coughlin's phone number.

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Nothing wrong with our Mentality. 

No Need for personal Insults. 

What insults? I am trying to wrap my head around this as well lately.

I see more insults at times directed towards fans of other teams then they do actual insulting.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

How can my fanbase be so illogical at times it is astounding to me. I joke around and stuff myself at times but seriously you think that they are trying to just get compliments from you?

Whoa there. Sounds like you're grouping together a wide and varied group of people and painting them with one brush stroke. Surely you didn't mean to do that...

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

Goodness...

Same way, the Texans can lose the Pats, and then win out, and the Colts still need to go 3-1.

Bigger picture, in order for the Colts to do anything once they get to the playoffs, they need to be playing well enough to beat the teams remaining on our schedule. If they can't clinch without help. then all their postseason ambitions are shrug-worthy anyways. If we can't beat the Texans at home, can we win a home playoff game? If we can't beat the Jags on the road, can we win a road divisional game?

It's really simple. Given the fact that the Colts don't need the Texans to lose to clinch a playoff spot, I'm not worried about whether they beat the Patriots. Full stop.

In 2006, the Colts limped into the playoffs losing 3 of their last 5 to division rivals all .500 or below. They certainly didn't look like they 'deserved' to make the playoffs at that point. You guys looked awful for the last quarter of the season and there weren't many people giving them a chance heading into January as a result.

Then they won the Superbowl.

I already said, yes, the Colt's don't need the Texans to lose to clinch a playoff spot. But it sure would help, wouldn't it? Especially with the way the Colts have looked overall this season, there is no guarantee that they will take care of business. That alone would be enough for most fans to root for.

9 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Who cares what you feel is 'deserved' or not

It seems as if you do

....you WANT your team in the playoffs regardless of the circumstances because once you get in anything can happen.

I DO want my team in the playoffs, and they will be if they take care of their own business.  

You think whoever comes out as the NFC East Champion as the #4 seed at 7-9 is gonna care that they didn't go 11-5 because they had some hiccups along the way?

I don't care about the NFC East nor what they care about.   

Saying 'if the Colts don't take care of business they don't deserve it anyways' is just stupid.

thanks for your opinion.  I'll file it with the others:

Toilet_paper_orientation_over.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Wasnt' speaking about all Pats fans and I certainly didn't mean that Dynasty wanted me personally to compliment him personally.  But what he has done in the past is throw out all these hypotheticals, looking for a particular answer, and keep questioning and changing the hypothetical until he gets the answer he wants.  Then, when he does, he uses that to turn it around on the person, speaking of Colts fans as a whole, and do so condescendingly.  

So, if you think I'm being illogical.  I'm sorry.  I'm not.  I'm pointing out what's really going on from someone who has an established track record.  If my wanting the Pats to lose is illogical - jsut read through Superman's posts.  There's no reason to reiterate it here.

Just now, Gramz said:

Saying our mentality has been reduced is an insult.

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is 6 pages of who we should root for.

Hilarious

No, it isn't an insult.

I did not say 'I'm trying to wrap my head around how the mental capacity of Colts fans has been reduced to...'. THAT would be an insult.

Instead, I said 'I'm trying to wrap my head around how the mentality of Colts fans has been reduced to...'. Replace 'mentality' with 'mindset' or 'attitude' or 'sentiment' if you like...it was not an insult.

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Hilarious

It really is.  Never in my life have I cared who roots for what.  Let alone being indicted as illogical and basically a bad fan.  Not even sure why we're on trial for it to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Hilarious

Some were also talking about the game and it's matchups too but it got lost.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It really is.  Never in my life have I cared who roots for what.  Let alone being indicted as illogical and basically a bad fan.  Not even sure why we're on trial for it to be honest.

You're not on trial, stop being so dramatic. 

We are having a discussion, no more, no less. Each side is trying to make their case for why they believe there is a better team to root for in order to give your team better odds of making the playoffs. 

If you're going to get overly sensitive about someone trying to make a point that differs from yours then maybe this isn't the best playground to hang around.

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

Whoa there. Sounds like you're grouping together a wide and varied group of people and painting them with one brush stroke. Surely you didn't mean to do that...

I know, my post was trash or nonsense.

I will work harder for sure.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

Some were also talking about the game and it's matchups too but it got lost.

Yeah, the break down of the game was really good. Both Gronk and Edelman practiced this week although I doubt either play. And Watt has a broken hand so we will see how everything shakes out.

Just now, amfootball said:

Yeah, the break down of the game was really good. Both Gronk and Edelman practiced this week although I doubt either play. And Watt has a broken hand so we will see how everything shakes out.

Sounds like the night of the walking wounded. Too bad it's near Christmas and not Halloween.

3 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

We are having a discussion, no more, no less. Each side is trying to make their case for why they believe there is a better team to root for in order to give your team better odds of making the playoffs. 

If you're going to get overly sensitive about someone trying to make a point that differs from yours then maybe this isn't the best playground to hang around.

Just be glad a Colts fan like me and not a Pats fan started this thread. If amfootball started this thread they would be trying to ship her to another country by now.

2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Looks to be a very good Sunday night matchup. Who would've thought after around week 4 or 5 when the Texans looked terrible end the Patriots were unbeatable?

Just now, QwizBoy said:

Looks to be a very good Sunday night matchup. Who would've thought after around week 4 or 5 when the Texans looked terrible end the Patriots were unbeatable?

No kidding. But I figured O'Brien would figure things out. He has had a nice turn around. At Houston is not easy regardless of the Texans record. I am glad too that the game has an impact on the post-season for both teams.

Just now, amfootball said:

No kidding. But I figured O'Brien would figure things out. He has had a nice turn around. At Houston is not easy regardless of the Texans record. I am glad too that the game has an impact on the post-season for both teams.

Yep the postseason implications are exactly why the NFL flexed it to SNF. Having a hobbled Watt worries me, and Tom Brady is out to avoid 3 straight losses. I hope Rob doesn't decide to suddenly play this week haha.

5 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

In 2006, the Colts limped into the playoffs losing 3 of their last 5 to division rivals all .500 or below. They certainly didn't look like they 'deserved' to make the playoffs at that point. You guys looked awful for the last quarter of the season and there weren't many people giving them a chance heading into January as a result.

Then they won the Superbowl.

I already said, yes, the Colt's don't need the Texans to lose to clinch a playoff spot. But it sure would help, wouldn't it? Especially with the way the Colts have looked overall this season, there is no guarantee that they will take care of business. That alone would be enough for most fans to root for.

The 2006 Colts also started 9-0. They beat the Pats, in New England, and did well against other playoff teams. They were 13-0 the previous season. That was a good team, and no one doubted that. These Colts are 6-6, and have not looked impressive save for a few quarters here and there. The QB hasn't played in a month. They switched coordinators halfway through the season. They need to finish strong.

Like a true fan, I'm optimistic that they will, therefore making all of this irrelevant.

16 minutes ago, Jules said:

Just be glad a Colts fan like me and not a Pats fan started this thread. If amfootball started this thread they would be trying to ship her to another country by now.

GoPats started this exact same thread last year when the Broncos played the Pats. Similar response. Predictable.

2 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Sorry, i'ts not a trial, it's an interrogation.  The nuts and bolts of this conversation is Pats fans telling Colts fans how they should feel, and when you don't get the right answer, you can't let it go.  It's childish to say the least.  I'm not being dramatic, it was a figure of speech.  I just don't care to have to justify my opinion.  All I am doing is pointing out how ridiculous you are being.  

It's downright silly that you care about why someone roots for something.  It's ignorant at best to think that you're going to change someone's feelings on something when any one with a brain understands that you can't control one's feelings on a matter anyway, only how that person reacts to their feelings.  And it's completely asinine for Person P to keep prodding Person C to explain it in a way completely satisfactory and logical to Person P as to why Person C feel a certain way on something, when the matter to begin with is completely subjective and personal to begin with.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Sorry, i'ts not a trial, it's an interrogation.  The nuts and bolts of this conversation is Pats fans telling Colts fans how they should feel, and when you don't get the right answer, you can't let it go.  It's childish to say the least.  I'm not being dramatic, it was a figure of speech.  I just don't care to have to justify my opinion.  All I am doing is pointing out how ridiculous you are being.  

It's downright silly that you care about why someone roots for something.  It's ignorant at best to think that you're going to change someone's feelings on something when any one with a brain understands that you can't control one's feelings on a matter anyway, only how that person reacts to their feelings.  And it's completely asinine for Person P to keep prodding Person C to explain it in a way completely satisfactory and logical to Person P as to why Person C feel a certain way on something, when the matter to begin with is completely subjective and personal to begin with.

I would like to be able to Like this post more than once.   Mods??

I've said this before and will say it again...the NE game doesn't count any more than Houston beating Jacksonville in October. Its 1 win if they win. Even if NE wins we still likely have to beat Houston to win the division. The chances of winning the division are tiny if we don't beat them...that is the key game coming up. Sure they all count but they can beat NE and I'm fine with it. I like a several of their players and a couple a lot and so I can root for more than just my Colts. I root for Denver when Peyton plays all the time...against every team except us. The only time I don't allow myself to root for other teams is when they play my team. It isn't like my season is over if my team doesn't make the playoffs...the WORLD doesn't revolve around the Colts. I will pick another team in the playoffs to cheer for and while it may not be as fun as watching the Colts I will still watch with excitement. I'm an NFL fan who loves my Colts but most importantly also LOVES football...I just pick a team and root when mine isn't on.

It also makes sense that out of ALL the teams in the playoffs based on past experience that NE (and probably Pitsburgh) is the one we don't matchup well with the most. We've beaten Denver several times same with Cincy. Also NE has never won the AFC when they played in the wild card game. It is most logical that the best chance to win it all would be for them to fall to the 3rd seed. We would avoid them until the Championship game at the latest and they would have to go on the road at least once...and could very likely matchup with Pittsburgh since they have games with Denver and Cincy left and KC has a cakewalk schedule who I believe we would play. So since Denver and Cincy play each other someone is going to lose...and so to force NE into a bye and for my team and other teams I like in the playoffs (if the Colts are out I would root for Denver or Cincy) it is in my best interest to see NE lose...this week or the next but since they are likely to get back to full (relative) health next week this is probably the most likely scenario for them to lose. That all said the most important factor to me....I like Houston way way more than NE. I love JJ...I like Hoyer and always liked Foster...several other guys on that team I like too. I root for the team I like the most. No offense but NE is simply down at the bottom with Dallas and St Louis as I 've said before. Your team is way way way too good to get HFA...its as simple as that.....ANYONE...and especially the Colts will need NE to have to play the longest road in the playoffs....KC and Pitt would both offer interesting challenges to you guys in the first rd for the opposite reasons....then force you to play in Denver or Cincy....then and a big MAYBE then we might see you....but possibly you have to win two road games to win it all...and in my interest to see some new teams in the SB and some new faces  (and hopefully ours) I need you to lose as many games as possible. Sorry..."such is life".

39 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yep the postseason implications are exactly why the NFL flexed it to SNF. Having a hobbled Watt worries me, and Tom Brady is out to avoid 3 straight losses. I hope Rob doesn't decide to suddenly play this week haha.

Maybe with the time change and the late game Brady will fall asleep at halftime and won't come out for the second half. I would think it would be a long shot for Rob to play...long flight out and not much practice time on it....and this isn't a must win game for them. I would think they would be using their TEs to help protect on JJ anyways so spreading out with 3 wide would make sense anyways. My real question is WHERE is NEs running game?? The OL has been playing under par but they haven't even attempted to establish a running game to help Tom...I usually praise NEs game planning but I don't understand it. Maybe you guys see it this week.

13 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Hopkins has hamstring injury ... wow.

Tania Ganguli ESPN Staff Writer 

ganguli_tania_m.jpg

The Texans added star receiver DeAndre Hopkins to their injury report today for a hamstring injury. He was listed as probable and was limited in Friday's practice.

Lol...guess since the walking dead is off til January the NFL is stepping in. Honestly this game is looking more and more like a Thursday nighter where many stars sit out because they aren't healthy enough in time. lol

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

Hopkins has hamstring injury ... wow.

Tania Ganguli ESPN Staff Writer 

ganguli_tania_m.jpg

The Texans added star receiver DeAndre Hopkins to their injury report today for a hamstring injury. He was listed as probable and was limited in Friday's practice.

If there's a team they should start establishing the run on, it's the Texans. Hopefully my guys can hold up and be prepared to make New England's offense one dimensional. If we can do that and keep the Patriots in passing situations and getting that offense off the field, I like our chances.

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I know, right?   It's  almost like some think whoever we root for will determine the outcome of the game.  I mean, it's not like an election or anything. haha

But of course, there are those voodoo dolls... :P

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Jason S is right. If there were 3 of me, I'd triple this "Like"!

19 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Watt isn't hobbled, he just has a boo-boo. It's going to take more than that to slow him down. He has Belichick concerned, http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/12/11/belichick-breakdown-previewing-jj-watt-and-texans

Seeing Gronk and Incredelman on the practice field is encouraging. I still doubt Gronk plays but if he does it shows you the importance of this game.

9 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Watt isn't hobbled, he just has a boo-boo. It's going to take more than that to slow him down. He has Belichick concerned, http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/12/11/belichick-breakdown-previewing-jj-watt-and-texans

Seeing Gronk and Incredelman on the practice field is encouraging. I still doubt Gronk plays but if he does it shows you the importance of this game.

Lol at Incredelman. How have I not seen that before?

And yeah, I agree, Watt will be fine. I'd be surprised if it affected him that bad.

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Lol at Incredelman. How have I not seen that before?

And yeah, I agree, Watt will be fine. I'd be surprised if it affected him that bad.

Lol, it fits. First Troy Brown, then Wes Welker and now Julian Edelman. It's been a joy to watch.

Did you watch the Belestrator?