Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

So after reading these posts and seeing the majority of opinions, the prevailing thought is 'Nothing any other team does matters, we don't need help, we just have to win out in our Division so I'm rooting for Houston'. So let me ask this:

IF the Colts lose on Sunday, do you still root for the Texans on Sunday night? 

haha  My family and friends know that I don't even EVER draft any Pats fans in my fantasy leagues...  

I don't want any reason to ever have to root for them...  

So in answer to your question, Yes I will still root for the Texans, no matter what happens in the Colts game.  

13 hours ago, krunk said:

I think you know well the Colts ain't losing to the Jags or Texans.  Especially the Texans game. Hypothesizing about much of nothing.

Surely, I feel the Colts can beat the Texans, but why would one want to put essentially all of your playoff hopes in one game when there are four games to play?   For me I always like a little buffer when I can get it.

Did you think the Eagles were going to be the Pats this past weekend?  Probably not, anything can happen.  Its too late in the season to get choosy in my book.

13 hours ago, Superman said:

^^^

All that is worthless.

If the Colts win out, they win the division. If the Colts lose to Jacksonville and the Texans beat the Pats, the Colts can still win out and win the division. If the Colts can't line up against this favorable schedule and win three of four, then they don't deserve help from any other team.

Separate from that, the reason for rooting against the Patriots has nothing to do with playoff standing.

And you know that, and still decided to post all that trash.

I don't post trash and you know it.  I spent a little time and laid things out, that is all.  Not sure why the hostility and harsh words.  If the Texans have the tiebreaker(s) against the colts if they beat them, then that is a problem for the colts. 

Yes the colts could win out, but not sure why a fan base would want to hope for that situation to make the playoffs, a little breathing room is always nice.

And btw the Colts could go 3-1, finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.   Not sure why a fan base would want to see their team finish 3-1 in the last quarter of the season and miss the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

Surely, I feel the Colts can beat the Texans, but why would one want to put essentially all of your playoff hopes in one game when there are four games to play?   For me I always like a little buffer when I can get it.

Did you think the Eagles were going to be the Pats this past weekend?  Probably not, anything can happen.  Its too late in the season to get choosy in my book.

The Pats are pretty much devoid of all their talent right now.  I certainly didn't put it out of the realm of possiblity.  Combine a beat up Oline with every single one of your starters gone except Lafell and Amendola who I think are mediocre and at some point you have to be a bit realistic.  Eagles have some talent on D, especially in their front 7 and they are athletic in the back end.   As far as the Colts are concerned we need to win all of our games, but looking at it realistically we need to definitely win these 2 division games.  However it's mainly that Texans game that will decide most of it.

46 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Pats are pretty much devoid of all their talent right now.  I certainly didn't put it out of the realm of possiblity.  Combine a beat up Oline with every single one of your starters gone except Lafell and Amendola who I think are mediocre and at some point you have to be a bit realistic.  Eagles have some talent on D, especially in their front 7 and they are athletic in the back end.   As far as the Colts are concerned we need to win all of our games, but looking at it realistically we need to definitely win these 2 division games.  However it's mainly that Texans game that will decide most of it.

Yes we are injured and I had hoped we would of seen Sanchez, but we got Stafford and could not overcome three key plays for went for Phila TDs.  I had the Phila game the 2nd easiest game for us next to the Tenn game.  But we lost and had a bad game, which can happen, and yes more so when you are limited due to injuries.   And think we both agree that the Eagles are better than their 4-7 record. 

Yes the key game for the Colts is that Texan game as it is basically a two game swing, more so for the Texans than the Colts.  Colts can still get a tiebreaker over the Texans after head to head if the Texas win, but things outside of the colts control (other than them winning the other games) need to take over.  If the Texans beat the pats but lose to a divisional rival the Colts would have the division record and have that tiebreaker.

So yah a colt wins basically puts a strong hold on the division for the colts, a loss opens the door for the Texans.  And again I agree with you that the colts are odds on to win that game.

5 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Yes we are injured and I had hoped we would of seen Sanchez, but we got Stafford and could not overcome three key plays for went for Phila TDs.  I had the Phila game the 2nd easiest game for us next to the Tenn game.  But we lost and had a bad game, which can happen, and yes more so when you are limited due to injuries.   And think we both agree that the Eagles are better than their 4-7 record. 

Yes the key game for the Colts is that Texan game as it is basically a two game swing, more so for the Texans than the Colts.  Colts can still get a tiebreaker over the Texans after head to head if the Texas win, but things outside of the colts control (other than them winning the other games) need to take over.  If the Texans beat the pats but lose to a divisional rival the Colts would have the division record and have that tiebreaker.

So yah a colt wins basically puts a strong hold on the division for the colts, a loss opens the door for the Texans.  And again I agree with you that the colts are odds on to win that game.

Never take games for granted, Eagles winning in Foxboro shocked me! I would've never in a million years predicted that. I am not taking the Jags or Texans games for granted. I think the Colts will win but neither is a guarantee especially without Andrew and a banged up Hass. If The Pats beat the Texans I will be ok with it. Whatever helps the Colts to get into the Playoffs is all that matters. Get in then anything can happen. By then Andrew should be 100%.

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

I thought you guys were going to see Sanchez too.  When I saw it was Bradford I said well this might be better than I thought.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Krunk, I think the Broncos are going to win out. The Pats screwed themselves by losing to Philly in Fox LOL.

I think it hurt but I don't think they screwed themselves.  If it came down to an even record I think everything would be based on common opponents, which Broncos haven't played Philly.  However the Pats beat the Colts and the Broncos lost to the Colts. To offset that it's great that the Broncos beat the Pats.  I'm hoping the Broncos keep winning.  I see some trouble spots for Denver though between the Bengals and Pitt.  There is a possiblity the Pats lose to the Jets depending on who the Pats have available personnel wise at that point in time.  Jets will be fighting for their playoff lives.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never take games for granted, Eagles winning in Foxboro shocked me! I would've never in a million years predicted that. I am not taking the Jags or Texans games for granted. I think the Colts will win but neither is a guarantee especially without Andrew and a banged up Hass. If The Pats beat the Texans I will be ok with it. Whatever helps the Colts to get into the Playoffs is all that matters. Get in then anything can happen. By then Andrew should be 100%.

I hear yah, any given Sunday.  Things can happen.  It was a shocker, but Phila made those big key plays to win. 

Regardless of how the games pan out, the health of Luck is key for the Colts.  Be nice if the colts could be set up to rest the last weekend, and or have less pressure running into the last two weekends.  As the colts will likely not get a bye, it would be nice to have the division wrapped up by the end of week 16.   

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think it hurt but I don't think they screwed themselves.  If it came down to an even record I think everything would be based on common opponents, which Broncos haven't played Philly.  However the Pats beat the Colts and the Broncos lost to the Colts. I'm hoping the Broncos keep winning.  I see some trouble spots for Denver though between the Bengals and Pitt.  There is a possiblity the Pats lose to the Jets depending on who the Pats have available personnel wise at that point in time.  Jets will be fighting for their playoff lives.

Broncos have the tiebreaker if they both finish the same, headtohead. The Steelers game scares me. I hope Peyton is back for that. Broncos will beat the Bengals in MileHigh.

1 minute ago, Yehoodi said:

I hear yah, any given Sunday.  Things can happen.  It was a shocker, but Phila made those big key plays to win. 

Regardless of how the games pan out, the health of Luck is key for the Colts.  Be nice if the colts could be set up to rest the last weekend, and or have less pressure running into the last two weekends.  As the colts will likely not get a bye, it would be nice to have the division wrapped up by the end of week 16.   

That's what I want. I want to have those options after next week and have this Division clinched with a win over Watt and crew.

24 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought you guys were going to see Sanchez too.  When I saw it was Bradford I said well this might be better than I thought.

yah that was a bummer.  I know we have had injuries, but we have been also fortunate to play teams who have had injuries themselves, like Romo out in Dallas.  As the D and ST helped out with the win, perhaps Sanchez would of beaten us too.

Just now, Yehoodi said:

yah that was a bummer.  I know we have had injuries, but we have been also fortunate to play teams who have had injuries themselves, like Romo out in Dallas.  As the D and ST helped out with the win, perhaps Sanchez would of beaten us too.

If Mr. Butt Fumble played you know he probably would have thrown 2 pick 6s to help out the Pats cause!  I don't trust that guy.

27 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think Gronk will definitely play this week.  I think the Pats are concerned about losing ground to Denver for the HFA.

yah its a tough call . . . this game is key for the pats.  As it stands now we get a bye if we win out, as Cin and Den have to play each other.   Just like I am mentioning in this thread, I would like some breathing room and loosing games ain't going to help.  Would be nice for the pats to win and cinn or Denver or both loose.

Getting back to Gronk, its kind of a long history between him and the team, back in 2012 he came back to help out the team and reinjured his same forearm altho that second injury was stated "no to be related to the first injury" but I am not so sure.  So the Gronk camp is being cautious. 

There are pros and cons that perhaps we can not get our hands around, on one hand be nice to have Gronk back to win a game, but if he reinjures that knee by coming back too early then we might of wish he stayed to get healthy event if it meant us playing wildcard weekend.

its a tough call, go for broke for the bye, or insure 100% health at the risk if losing the bye.

1 minute ago, Yehoodi said:

yah its a tough call . . . this game is key for the pats.  As it stands now we get a bye if we win out, as Cin and Den have to play each other.   Just like I am mentioning in this thread, I would like some breathing room and loosing games ain't going to help.  Would be nice for the pats to win and cinn or Denver or both loose.

Getting back to Gronk, its kind of a long history between him and the team, back in 2012 he came back to help out the team and reinjured his same forearm altho that second injury was stated "no to be related to the first injury" but I am not so sure.  So the Gronk camp is being cautious. 

There are pros and cons that perhaps we can not get our hands around, on one hand be nice to have Gronk back to win a game, but if he reinjures that knee by coming back too early then we might of wish he stayed to get healthy event if it meant us playing wildcard weekend.

its a tough call, go for broke for the bye, or insure 100% health at the risk if losing the bye.

I thought about that some as Gronk when he gets a significant injury with him it seems to linger around and nag a little bit.  At one point in time I thought his career was kind of close to being over, but he finally got healed up and back to being a beast.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought about that some as Gronk when he gets a significant injury with him it seems to linger around and nag a little bit.  At one point in time I thought his career was kind of close to being over, but he finally got healed up and back to being a beast.

yah, I just hope that this latest injury is just a minor set back, we will see.  He did have a nice stretch the last year or so. 

I hope the NFL does something about going low against defenseless players, and on both sides of the ball.  time will tell.

16 hours ago, Gramz said:

haha  My family and friends know that I don't even EVER draft any Pats fans in my fantasy leagues...  

I don't want any reason to ever have to root for them...  

So in answer to your question, Yes I will still root for the Texans, no matter what happens in the Colts game.  

Interesting. 

I don't get it, but to each 'her' own I suppose.

Let me throw one more hypothetical out there then, just because I want to see how deep this hatred is rooted. Say the Pats and Houston played on the last game of the season...if New England wins, they secure a bye, and if Houston wins, they take the division and knock the Colts out.

Who do you root for?

I don't see the Colts going far in the playoffs if they make it, so if the Pats beat the Texans, whoo. Colts are so beat up and it doesn't look like anyone is on the same page anymore. Appears as if the Colts hung it up for the season and are prepared for black Monday clean out in my honest opinion.

On Tuesday, December 08, 2015 at 2:30 PM, amfootball said:

57 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Interesting. 

I don't get it, but to each 'her' own I suppose.

Let me throw one more hypothetical out there then, just because I want to see how deep this hatred is rooted. Say the Pats and Houston played on the last game of the season...if New England wins, they secure a bye, and if Houston wins, they take the division and knock the Colts out.

Who do you root for?

Well that would be one scenario that I Would probably Root for the Pats.  But that Is Not the case here.  

So.....Go Texans.

15 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Well that would be one scenario that I Would probably Root for the Pats.  But that Is Not the case here.  

So.....Go Texans.

It very well could be, though...and that's the point. We just don't know yet and that's why you root for your team's best interests, which in this case would be to hope for a Texans loss regardless of who they are playing against. If you would root against them in week 17 then you should root against them in week 13, because this game holds just as much weight. Look, I understand the hate of New England and why it's been ingrained not to root for them under any circumstance...but most here are acting like it's a given that the Colts will take care of business and they wont even consider the possibility of losing to Houston. But there is no guarantee that the Colts win out...this year especially with their inconsistent play and injuries. And because of that, the buffer your team would get with a Texans loss on Sunday may indeed be needed. 

7 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

It very well couldimbe, though...and that's the point. We just don't know yet and that's why you root for your team's best interests, which in this case would be to hope for a Texans loss regardless of who they are playing against. If you would root against them in week 17 then you should root against them in week 13, because this game holds just as much weight. Look, I understand the hate of New England and why it's been ingrained not to root for them under any circumstance...but most here are acting like it's a given that the Colts will take care of business and they wont even consider the possibility of losing to Houston. But there is no guarantee that the Colts win out...this year especially with their inconsistent play and injuries. And because of that, the buffer your team would get with a Texans loss on Sunday may indeed be needed. 

I See.  It Is still not the case. Why do You even care who I Am rooting for?

6 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

I don't post trash and you know it.  I spent a little time and laid things out, that is all.  Not sure why the hostility and harsh words.  If the Texans have the tiebreaker(s) against the colts if they beat them, then that is a problem for the colts. 

Yes the colts could win out, but not sure why a fan base would want to hope for that situation to make the playoffs, a little breathing room is always nice.

And btw the Colts could go 3-1, finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.   Not sure why a fan base would want to see their team finish 3-1 in the last quarter of the season and miss the playoffs.  

What you're posting makes no sense = trash.

The Colts are in control of their own playoff hopes. If they go 3-1, they make the playoffs, as long as they don't lose to the Texans. Once again, THEY DON'T NEED THE PATRIOTS TO BEAT THE TEXANS.

The Colts need to play much better down the stretch for the playoffs to even matter. Winning out is best case scenario, and short of that, there isn't much hope anyways.

To the bolded, what Colts fans want to see the team finish 3-1 and miss the playoffs? More trash.

43 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

It very well could be, though...and that's the point.

Not this year, and that's why this week's Pats/Texans game isn't really relevant in the big picture. It's not Week 17, and the Colts don't need the Texans to lose to make the playoffs.

Being a sports fan is mostly based on irrational factors, but when it comes down to it, most (if not all) Colts fans would rather see the Colts make the playoffs, no matter what it means for the Patriots. In a do or die situation, the rational side would likely take over. But once again, this is NOT a do or die situation. (I'll point out that there are some fans who hate management and don't want the Colts to do well, but I disagree with them anyways, on principle. And besides, that has nothing to do with a hatred of the Patriots.)

The very topic is becoming insulting, as if Colts fans don't understand that sometimes there will be conflicting rooting interests. There's no need for all of these hypotheticals and extraneous explanations. 

11 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I'm with Gramz...why do you care so much who Colts fans are rooting for?

I don't care, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the mentality of Colts fans has been reduced to the point of caring more about the Patriots losing than they do about the Colts winning. 

Superman, you say this game doesn't matter, but then you go on to say 'as long as the Colts don't lose to the Texans' as a possible stipulation to the Colts making the playoffs. Yes, the Colts don't NEED the Patriots to beat the Texans, but wouldn't any logical fan want to take that 'as long as' out of the Colts postseason hopes? Especially with the way the Colts have looked overall this season, it simply doesn't make any sense at all that you don't feel like a one-game buffer in the division with 3 weeks to play would be beneficial. 

4 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:
5 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

I don't care, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the mentality of Colts fans has been reduced to the point of caring more about the Patriots losing than they do about the Colts winning. 

Superman, you say this game doesn't matter, but then you go on to say 'as long as the Colts don't lose to the Texans' as a possible stipulation to the Colts making the playoffs. Yes, the Colts don't NEED the Patriots to beat the Texans, but wouldn't any logical fan want to take that 'as long as' out of the Colts postseason hopes? Especially with the way the Colts have looked overall this season, it simply doesn't make any sense at all that you don't feel like a one-game buffer in the division with 3 weeks to play would be beneficial. 

11 minutes ago, amfootball said:

It is not that. I think it is more the deep level of hate that we are trying to understand. Even most Jets fan would be voting for us in this same situation.

You don't have to understand "the deep level of hate." Just work on the math.

9 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

why are you trying to wrap your head around something that's not true?  Most Colts fans do not care more about the Pats losing than the Colts winning...they care about the Colts winning AND the Pats losing.  In this situation, it doesn't have to be one or the other.  

Yes, the extra game buffer would be beneficial, but as others have said, if the colts can't come out and take care of business these final few weeks against a favorable schedule then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Just now, Superman said:

You don't have to understand "the deep level of hate." Just work on the math.

The math says you should be voting for a Texans loss. Yehoodi spelled it out every which way. There is no benefit to the Pats losing as you can't catch the Pats but a Texans loss helps give you a cushion for the division.

3 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

why are you trying to wrap your head around something that's not true?  Most Colts fans do not care more about the Pats losing than the Colts winning...they care about the Colts winning AND the Pats losing.  In this situation, it doesn't have to be one or the other.  

Yes, the extra game buffer would be beneficial, but as others have said, if the colts can't come out and take care of business these final few weeks against a favorable schedule then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Don't deserve to be in? Tell that to the Giants who were the sixth seed in 2007 and scratched into the playoffs as a bad team and won the SB. Any team that gets in no matter how they get there deserve to be in and have a chance at that ring.

7 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Who cares what you feel is 'deserved' or not...you WANT your team in the playoffs regardless of the circumstances because once you get in anything can happen. You think whoever comes out as the NFC East Champion as the #4 seed at 7-9 is gonna care that they didn't go 11-5 because they had some hiccups along the way? 

Saying 'if the Colts don't take care of business they don't deserve it anyways' is just stupid. You play all year to get the chance to play in January. Rooting for a division rival at the end of the year when they could still very legitimately be the ones to take away that chance makes zero sense.

17 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Derka derka, Muhammed Jihad. 

That's not what this is about and you know it.  There's no need to understand it, but even if there were, it's a matter of preference.  End of story.  Nothing else to discuss.  

But no, what this is really about is trying to bait Colts fans into either saying something about how great the Pats are or otherwise speak from a position of superiority, as if Pats fans know how to be better fans than Colts fans.  What other reason is there for all the hypotheticals?  You're looking for a particular answer so that once you get it, you can use it to backfire on whoever gives it.  You've done it enough times that you can't even really hide it at this point.