Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Buccaneers Game Day Thread

Good looking 1st drive, but what's with all the drops?  Good kick by Vinny to get us on the board first.

Good got worked on that last play.

That was Fleener.  Good has actually been playing well so far.  Thornton, on the other hand, isn't having a great game so far

That sack on Hasselbeck given up by Thornton appeared to be a coverage sack in which Hasselbeck probably waited a bit to long and should have taken off and slid. Will check that out later but right now without benefit of all 22 I'd put that on Matt though the stat will go on Thornton

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Les Claypool at TE would be interesting   
    • None of this QB situation is ideal... so I get what you're saying.   But here's the deal.... Rivers has worked with Reich and Sirianni before and know the system, and can mentor whichever of these new guys we might wind up with.    And at the same time.... Rivers gives us a puncher's chance in any game, provided we aren't racked up with injuries at WR again.   It's strictly a 1-2 year play at most.... and probably the best one among the veterans, IMO.   On pure talent? I would take Stafford at 32 years old.... but the Lions GM is on record as saying he isn't trading him...so it isn't realistic.   Carr is okay too... but the draft capital and $$$ for him or Stafford won't be as team friendly as a free agent deal with Rivers.   That's my rationale anyway.
    • I would expect that to have an effect, but if those changes cause him to go from looking like a really good QB to a below average QB, then I'd say he wasn't a really good QB to begin with.  And when you watch his 2018 games you see his WRs and RBs bailed him out of a lot poor throws.  He was also asked to make decisions based on his reading of the defense.  That factors in as much as working with new players. Again, I would expect it to have an effect, but I also thing his numbers looked better in 2018 than his skill level because of the type of offense that Utah State ran.   Basically, I do not think he is as bad as he looked in 2019, but unlike most people who want the Colts draft Love, I also do not think he is a s good as he looked in 2018.
    • https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Jordan-Love-Voted-Most-Overrated-Prospect   This basically says what we non-Lovers have been thinking. 
    • Same. But a lot would have to happen for him to fall to us. 
  • Members