Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Practice Report & Injury Updates

TKnight24

Colts final practice of the week has started. Looks like a full week of missed practice for Mike Adams and Erik Walden. Greg Toler is back

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 27, 2015

Colts final practice of the week has started. Looks like a full week of missed practice for Mike Adams and Erik Walden. Greg Toler is back

Back in his old number 36, Boom Herron on the practice field today. Likely to be active Sunday pic.twitter.com/QYdDeM5Eog

November 27, 2015

Back in his old number 36, Boom Herron on the practice field today. Likely to be active Sunday https://t.co/QYdDeM5Eog

Erik Walden IS working today. So Mike Adams is the only real injury question for Sunday. Could be another start for rookie Clayton Geathers

November 27, 2015

Erik Walden IS working today. So Mike Adams is the only real injury question for Sunday. Could be another start for rookie Clayton Geathers

Colts warming up for post Thanksgiving day practice. That's Frank Gore at the bottom of the picture with the smile. pic.twitter.com/5jV0FLLP0u

— Tom James (@TribStarTJames)

November 27, 2015

Colts warming up for post Thanksgiving day practice. That's Frank Gore at the bottom of the picture with the smile. https://t.co/5jV0FLLP0u

Chuck Pagano says Anthony Castonzo, Phillip Dorsett and Andrew Luck have been ruled OUT for Sunday. Mike Adams is doubtful #TBvsIND

November 27, 2015

Chuck Pagano says Anthony Castonzo, Phillip Dorsett and Andrew Luck have been ruled OUT for Sunday. Mike Adams is doubtful #TBvsIND

Erik Walden and Greg Toler are questionable for Sunday. Both practiced Friday.

November 27, 2015

holmes is better at pass block, but is terrible at run blocking which is vise versa with harrison. I guess they rather have a run blocker then a pass blocker

id still choose Holmes for the fact that one has a history of botching snaps if Holmes sucks run blocking run off the edges then I'd say

id still choose Holmes for the fact that one has a history of botching snaps if Holmes sucks run blocking run off the edges then I'd say

so when its 3rd and 1 and we need to pick up the first down to win the game, you want us to run outside

Running outside is unequivocally the most difficult place to run in the National Football League. 

The only time outside running is successful: 1) When you have a team that has mastered the "stretch" play; 2) When a team runs a gimmick/trick play; 3) When the running back runs inside and bounces it back outside.

I'd much rather be sound up the middle when it comes to run blocking.

holmes is better at pass block, but is terrible at run blocking which is vise versa with harrison. I guess they rather have a run blocker then a pass blocker

According to Rotoworld Holmes is one of the worst pass blocking interior lineman in the league.That would make him just bad all the way around. I'm not sure why we stuck with this guy another year. Wienewski was sitting there for the taking.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8542/khaled-holmes

According to Rotoworld Holmes is one of the worst pass blocking interior lineman in the league.That would make him just bad all the way around. I'm not sure why we stuck with this guy another year. Wienewski was sitting there for the taking.

Back in the spring, it wasn't clear that Wisnewski's injuries would be healed by training camp, or even by the regular season.    Lots of team doctors that checked him out where not overly optimistic about his 2015 chances.

Back in the spring, it wasn't clear that Wisnewski's injuries would be healed by training camp, or even by the regular season. Lots of team doctors that checked him out where not overly optimistic about his 2015 chances.[/quote

He looks fine to me. He had NFL starting experience at C and G. I don't recall those reports and to my knowledge we never looked at him.

I know he had shoulder surgery in January. It didn't have to be Wiesnewski. That's just who I liked and I remember a lot of other posters wanting to bring him in.

The bigger problem is Holmes has been trash since being drafted. He's spent more time on the trainers table than the field. He's handed the starting C job??

That's who we have to live with Holmes or Harrison. There is no changing that now. Harrison is the better option IMO.

god help hasslebeck with either of these two lines

reitz mewhort harrison thornton good

reitz louis harrison thornton mewhort

Pretty scary stuff isn't it considering we have a QB that isn't mobile in Hass but at least he does get rid of the ball quickly. Looks like no Mike Adams again which stinks. I am glad Boom is back, between Gore/Bradshaw/Boom those are 3 quality backs if each can stay fresh. Bradshaw looked like a freight train last week.

Back in the spring, it wasn't clear that Wisnewski's injuries would be healed by training camp, or even by the regular season. Lots of team doctors that checked him out where not overly optimistic about his 2015 chances.[/quote

He looks fine to me. He had NFL starting experience at C and G. I don't recall those reports and to my knowledge we never looked at him.

I know he had shoulder surgery in January. It didn't have to be Wiesnewski. That's just who I liked and I remember a lot of other posters wanting to bring him in.

The bigger problem is Holmes has been trash since being drafted. He's spent more time on the trainers table than the field. He's handed the starting C job??

That's who we have to live with Holmes or Harrison. There is no changing that now. Harrison is the better option IMO.

Perhaps we'll address the Center spot this coming off-season.

In Holmes' defense,  the last few games of the regular season last year and the playoff run, Holmes was our Center and I think did a very nice job. 

So,  when he's healthy,  he's good.    And when he's not healthy -- which, unfortunately,  appears to be most of the time -- he's much less good.

Sucks for us........      

We'll find out this winter and spring what we'll do about the position.......

According to Rotoworld Holmes is one of the worst pass blocking interior lineman in the league.That would make him just bad all the way around. I'm not sure why we stuck with this guy another year. Wienewski was sitting there for the taking. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8542/khaled-holmes

Preach brother preach!!

I have no idea how anyone thought Holmes was even average as a pass blocker

Harrison is by far the better choice he is way more athletic, stronger and has tons of upside

He botched what 2 high snaps???? Let's not label him as bad because of that. Because if making some mistakes makes you bad then Andrew Luck sucks. Right????

anyone know what happened to Holmes?

You are aware Holmes had an injury?

Harrison got the start and hasn`t played that well, but neither had Holmes.

We are mucking it at center. The Holmes story of can`t stay healthy gets stronger, so maybe they Should just go ahead and see what they can get out of Harrison, then make a decision after the season on what they need to do going forward. lol

CR is really On It!

Rotoworld AND the tape don`t lie. Holmes, i am very sad to admit, has been weak all-around. It sucks!

You are aware Holmes had an injury?

Harrison got the start and hasn`t played that well, but neither had Holmes.

We are mucking it at center. The Holmes story of can`t stay healthy gets stronger, so maybe they Should just go ahead and see what they can get out of Harrison, then make a decision after the season on what they need to do going forward. lol

No I was not aware he had or has an injury. Hadn't seen a thing on him, hints why I asked.

CR is really On It!

Rotoworld AND the tape don`t lie. Holmes, i am very sad to admit, has been weak all-around. It sucks!

He did quite well for us the latter part of last season and the playoffs.....heck I dont know maybe it's because we've had so much crappy play at center since 2012 that maybe some of us got so used to sub poor play that when just plain poor play is seen, we see it as an improvement.....

In Holmes' defense,  the last few games of the regular season last year and the playoff run, Holmes was our Center and I think did a very nice job. 

So,  when he's healthy,  he's good.    And when he's not healthy -- which, unfortunately,  appears to be most of the time -- he's much less good.

Sucks for us........      

We'll find out this winter and spring what we'll do about the position.......

Bank on it. Important to address it. Can we clone Jeff Saturday?

So Mike Adams will not play Sunday.  DNP in practice all week and Doubtful ( >95% chance no play) designation. Guaranteed no show in the Bucs game.  Walden is a questionable that should probably be listed as Doubtful.

I honestly don't think Holmes would won the starting job in 2014 if Costa didn't retire that off season. He was basically handed a starting job. Never earned it. Couldn't even beat out Satele.

Harrison isn't better. We need a new C in the off season.

In Holmes' defense, the last few games of the regular season last year and the playoff run, Holmes was our Center and I think did a very nice job.

So, when he's healthy, he's good. And when he's not healthy -- which, unfortunately, appears to be most of the time -- he's much less good.

Sucks for us........

We'll find out this winter and spring what we'll do about the position.......[/quote

I have never seen anything in Holmes that would make me think he's long term solution.

He has consistently shown he isn't that good and absolutely lacks the toughness to lead our O Line. Heading into the season with him as an unchallenged starter is one of the biggest head scratchers of the off season for me.

I posted in camp I would be surprised if he made it to opening day and shocked if he made it to the halfway point.

Pagano himself called the guy out. He said he spends too much time on the trainers table coming from Psgano that is pretty bsd. He rarely has a bad thing to say about his guys.

I'm done complaining about something that can't be fixed now Hopefully Harrison wil get it. together.

We need to address the C position in FA. I would be leary of Mack. What little I've seen of the Browns this year he's going to want a lot more than his worth when he opts out. I would take a long look at his line mate Mitchell Scheartz at RT.

Grig's needs to make the O Line the number 1 priority and get it fixed starting with C. I'd go after Wiesnewski it would help us and really hurt the Jags. It sucks knowing we could have had him last year for pennies on the dollar

Hopefully Harrison gets it together to close out this year.