Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Risk Brady To Go Undefeated Or Sit Him

King Colt

How will NE handle the issue of going undefeated? Will they rest Brady for the playoffs or keep him in until the last whistle of the last quarter of the last game? I would rest him starting with game 15 schedule permitting. A SB ring is better than going 16-0 and with Denver in the playoffs why risk Brady sitting on the bench with his arm in a sling? 

How will NE handle the issue of going undefeated? Will they rest Brady for the playoffs or keep him in until the last whistle of the last quarter of the last game? I would rest him starting with game 15 schedule permitting. A SB ring is better than going 16-0 and with Denver in the playoffs why risk Brady sitting on the bench with his arm in a sling?

They played him till the 60th minute against Gaints in Week 17 of 2007 so he can break the TD record.

Dont expect anything different.

When has belichick ever sat starters?

When has belichick ever sat starters?

last year against the Bills (they lost the game) and several other times.

There is no constant with BB- depends on the situation. I saw him rest the offense vs SF one year and keepthe defense in the whole game because they weren't playing well..more of a punishment.

There is one philosophy he has stated on resting and that is he feels he owes the fans a show.

Would he rest IF they were 15-0? Hard to say..they would only gain breaking their own record.

last year against the Bills (they lost the game) and several other times.

There is no constant with BB- depends on the situation. I saw him rest the offense vs SF one year and keepthe defense in the whole game because they weren't playing well..more of a punishment.

There is one philosophy he has stated on resting and that is he feels he owes the fans a show.

Would he rest IF they were 15-0? Hard to say..they would only gain breaking their own record.

The dolphins record still stands as the only complete undefeated team

Lol playing in fear.  The main reason why Manning has only one super bowl in Indy.  NE will do it right and they will play if him if he needs to play.  16-0 has nothing to do with it.

I don't think the patriots are going undefeated so I don't think it will come up. We almost beat the Patriots and the Bills and Jets didn't get blown out. The patriots do not have a shut down defense and it will catch up to them. Patriots have to get through Eli in a couple of weeks and then Manning and the Broncos killer defense . Last time the patriots faced a defense as good as the Bronco's was the 85 Bears.  We shall see.

I don't think the patriots are going undefeated so I don't think it will come up. We almost beat the Patriots and the Bills and Jets didn't get blown out. The patriots do not have a shut down defense and it will catch up to them. Patriots have to get through Eli in a couple of weeks and then Manning and the Broncos killer defense . Last time the patriots faced a defense as good as the Bronco's was the 85 Bears.  We shall see.

True but Denver's defense while good is no 85 Bears :)

True but Denver's defense while good is no 85 Bears :)

Really? The 85 Bears averaged 3.7 yards rushing. Broncos right now, 3.7 yards average. 85 Bears gave up 176 passing yards per game. Broncos are giving up 171.9 passing yards per game. The Broncos are on pace to be as good as the 85 Bears. Only time will tell but as of right now they are better at everything except creating turnovers. And that being said their pretty strong in that area.

Really? The 85 Bears averaged 3.7 yards rushing. Broncos right now, 3.7 yards average. 85 Bears gave up 176 passing yards per game. Broncos are giving up 171.9 passing yards per game. The Broncos are on pace to be as good as the 85 Bears. Only time will tell but as of right now they are better at everything except creating turnovers. And that being said their pretty strong in that area.

pfft on NFL stats "Lump sum" yards. If a team is on its own 10yard line and it's 3rd/20 and runs to get some room and picks up 10- not exactly premier yards given up.

Football outsiders at least is more realistic factoring stuff like that. Denver is currently #1 over all. 1st in passing and 9th in run defense.  Btw they have Indy 16th overall defense :)

"Watching" the likes of Richard Dent, Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton, Otis Wilson, Wilber Marshall...I guess we can throw in the fridge for size alone...that was not only a dominant defense, it was a physically dominant defense.

"Watching" Denver they have really good coverage and pass rush. 

Buddy Ryan night  before the SB said NE is just not going to score on us. Normally one takes that as bragging but I took it as stating the truth..they were just that good. To be admired.

Not sure Denver can say that....at least not yet  :)

I think they will play him.  The Patriots philosophy is that you get better every week.  They will be 'working on things' until the last snap of the last game.  

Note too that the last two games are @NYJ and @Miami.  The whole scanning the locker room probably earned the Jets a beat down and Shula and company will probable be invited to sit with Robert Kraft if the Pats go to that game undefeated.  Even if he declines, this will be a statement game.

pfft on NFL stats "Lump sum" yards. If a team is on its own 10yard line and it's 3rd/20 and runs to get some room and picks up 10- not exactly premier yards given up.

Football outsiders at least is more realistic factoring stuff like that. Denver is currently #1 over all. 1st in passing and 9th in run defense.  Btw they have Indy 16th overall defense :)

"Watching" the likes of Richard Dent, Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton, Otis Wilson, Wilber Marshall...I guess we can throw in the fridge for size alone...that was not only a dominant defense, it was a physically dominant defense.

"Watching" Denver they have really good coverage and pass rush. 

Buddy Ryan night  before the SB said NE is just not going to score on us. Normally one takes that as bragging but I took it as stating the truth..they were just that good. To be admired.

Not sure Denver can say that....at least not yet   :)

Ware, Miller, Wolfe, Marshall, Smith, Bruton, Harris and Talib are todays Dent, Singletary, Hampton, Wilson and Marshall. Phillips is todays Ryan. They might not get the turnovers that the Bears got but the teams of today are a little less turnover prone. ( except the Colts at this time) I am not saying they are as good but I just seen them shut down Rogers and the high scoring Packers. The defense of Denver just caused Rogers to have his worst game of his career. At this rate they could very well be the next so called 85 Bears. If they do make it to the super bowl and win, they will be in the same category as the 85 Bears. Fandom plays a huge part in what opinions are and how teams are viewed. I was a pretty big Bears fan a little before 85 because that was the most favorite team in Indy before the Colts relocated here. My parents were Bear fans long before they started winning. My father loved him some Butkus, Sweetness and some Sayers. He often said he didn't care what the score was as long as he could watch those players play for the Bears. If the Colts cant get to where the Colt fans want them to be then I hope that the Broncos can get Manning another ring. Bronco.s defense has brought a new meaning to the orange crush! :)

Ware, Miller, Wolfe, Marshall, Smith, Bruton, Harris and Talib are todays Dent, Singletary, Hampton, Wilson and Marshall. Phillips is todays Ryan. They might not get the turnovers that the Bears got but the teams of today are a little less turnover prone. ( except the Colts at this time) I am not saying they are as good but I just seen them shut down Rogers and the high scoring Packers. The defense of Denver just caused Rogers to have his worst game of his career. At this rate they could very well be the next so called 85 Bears. If they do make it to the super bowl and win, they will be in the same category as the 85 Bears. Fandom plays a huge part in what opinions are and how teams are viewed. I was a pretty big Bears fan a little before 85 because that was the most favorite team in Indy before the Colts relocated here. My parents were Bear fans long before they started winning. My father loved him some Butkus, Sweetness and some Sayers. He often said he didn't care what the score was as long as he could watch those players play for the Bears. If the Colts cant get to where the Colt fans want them to be then I hope that the Broncos can get Manning another ring. Bronco.s defense has brought a new meaning to the orange crush! :)

ah then you were lucky to witness that defense. They put the fear of god into opposing QBs save the tough vets like a Grogan. Tony Eason was so gun shy he never played again.

Marino did stop them from going 16-0..in the Miami heat.

We shall see where this new orange crush goes :)

I don't think the patriots are going undefeated so I don't think it will come up. We almost beat the Patriots and the Bills and Jets didn't get blown out. The patriots do not have a shut down defense and it will catch up to them. Patriots have to get through Eli in a couple of weeks and then Manning and the Broncos killer defense . Last time the patriots faced a defense as good as the Bronco's was the 85 Bears. We shall see.

The Jets have a better secondary and almost as good a front seven as the Broncos. And the Patriots still dropped how many on them?

The Jets have a better secondary and almost as good a front seven as the Broncos. And the Patriots still dropped how many on them?

I hate to inform you but Denver has the top rated defense while the Jets are rated 12th. Matter of fact the Patriots are rated 2 spots higher than the Jets at 10th.  According to ESPN stats the Jets have 7 sacks and 8 interceptions while the Broncos have 12 sacks and 11 interceptions. Not quite almost as good.

I hate to inform you but Denver has the top rated defense while the Jets are rated 12th. Matter of fact the Patriots are rated 2 spots higher than the Jets at 10th. According to ESPN stats the Jets have 7 sacks and 8 interceptions while the Broncos have 12 sacks and 11 interceptions. Not quite almost as good.

The Jets also played the Patriots, which skews those stats. The Broncos haven't.

The Jets also played the Patriots, which skews those stats. The Broncos haven't.

One game does not skew the difference. Have the Patriots or the Jets played the Packers? If Brady had played as poorly as Manning has, the Patriots wouldn't even be close to the record they have now.

My 02- Brady is not young and he has been hit too many times for Pats fans liking so I put those two factors together. I don't know who their last

couple games are with but if Brady has his way he will play at least three quarters of the last couple games and the score may dictate that. To me Brady claiming he will play ten more years tells me he has been hit in the head once too often. It is too soon to say what Belichick will do but he is the ultimate strategist and he, the owner and fans prefer a SB ring over a record. Wouldn't you?

Brady was, in my opinion, being hyperbolic . He also said that he feels the healthiest that he's ever been, thanks to his diet, yoga, and other non-traditional approaches. If you've seen him move this year, you would notice that he's moving better than perhaps he ever has.

Beating Denver won't alone be enough to secure them HOME FIELD.  They have to be sure they win until both Cincy and Denver are behind them no matter what, otherwise it is a moot point.  He'll play to win them all and I expect would do so anyway.