Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Dwayne Allen on the trade block

RockThatBlue

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it'd be a great idea to trade Allen now that Chud is the OC. Chud likes using the TEs and I doubt we'd get a lot back for Allen anyways since he's been injured and doesn't have great stats.

If someone wants to give us a 3rd, maybe consider doing it.

Trade deadline has passed.

I like all 3 of our TEs...each one different.  

I will say this about Allen though.  He is a leader type. He's vocal and talented and I believe he would like to be "the man" on this offense.  It just doesn't seem to be in the cards unless Chud makes him our bread and butter.  In last nights game, Hilton and Moncrief were given some good opportunities to be the hero and they didn't deliver.  Meanwhile, the Panthers TE Olson played like a superstar.  I think Allen could be that guy but my feeling is that he won't get to.

I don't think it'd be a great idea to trade Allen now that Chud is the OC. Chud likes using the TEs and I doubt we'd get a lot back for Allen anyways since he's been injured and doesn't have great stats.

If someone wants to give us a 3rd, maybe consider doing it.

If we get a 6th for Dwayne Allen, we'd be lucky.

Allen is hands down our best TE.  To me Fleener only has him in speed.  But as far as hands, blocking and route running goes Allen is superior in all those elements than Fleener.  This wouldn't be that big of a blow to us this year b/c we aren't using him/he's been hurt but going forward we would miss him greatly.

allen has an issue with drops .  he had the third highest drop rate in the league last year among qualifed players

fleener got the attention becasue his were wide open big plays, but allen dropped even more passes on a lot fewer targets

allen has an issue with drops .  he had the third highest drop rate in the league last year among qualifed players

fleener got the attention becasue his were wide open big plays, but allen dropped even more passes on a lot fewer targets

He does not have an issue with drops. He dropped 3 balls in that dreadful Dallas game. That was an outlier of a game and it heavily skewed his drop percentage.

He does not have an issue with drops. He dropped 3 balls in that dreadful Dallas game. That was an outlier of a game and it heavily skewed his drop percentage.

he had the third highest drop rate in the league if you throw out guys that had less than 20 targets.  the only two guys that were worse were running backs

that game was not an outlier either.  the colts have looked like that all season and there were others like it last year too

he had the third highest drop rate in the league if you throw out guys that had less than 20 targets.  the only two guys that were worse were running backs

that game was not an outlier either.  the colts have looked like that all season and there were others like it last year too

And, once again, the stat was skewed from one really bad game (outlier). Drops have not been an issue for Allen.

The moment he said something bad about Luck, I told people he signed his walking papers. I even posted it in here. Ur just a fool of u think this is Luck fault, so u can go sir. Let's see how well he pans out now. We are still a super bowl team. The giants crawled into the playoffs twice and beat NE in the bowl. 1 time NE was undefeated the whole season and still loss to NYG. It's all about getting hot at the right time. Who cares about regular season? We are gearing up for a run, we don't need his negative a$$ around here.

I like all 3 of our TEs...each one different.  

I will say this about Allen though.  He is a leader type. He's vocal and talented and I believe he would like to be "the man" on this offense.  It just doesn't seem to be in the cards unless Chud makes him our bread and butter.  In last nights game, Hilton and Moncrief were given some good opportunities to be the hero and they didn't deliver.  Meanwhile, the Panthers TE Olson played like a superstar.  I think Allen could be that guy but my feeling is that he won't get to.

Olsen is arguably the best TE in football not named Rob Gronkowski & Tyler Eifert. Plus with Benjamin out for the year, he's the only reliable pass catcher that Cam has so he will get his fair share of targets. But you're absolutely right though, Allen along with Fleener want to be the guy & I don't blame them at all for it since both are pro bowl caliber players.

The moment he said something bad about Luck, I told people he signed his walking papers. I even posted it in here. Ur just a fool of u think this is Luck fault, so u can go sir. Let's see how well he pans out now. We are still a super bowl team. The giants crawled into the playoffs twice and beat NE in the bowl. 1 time NE was undefeated the whole season and still loss to NYG. It's all about getting hot at the right time. Who cares about regular season? We are gearing up for a run, we don't need his negative * around here.

He's not going anywhere until the offseason. Then he'll go somewhere that he can prove his worth (or maybe Chud will help him prove it here).

He's not going anywhere until the offseason. Then he'll go somewhere that he can prove his worth (or maybe Chud will help him prove it here).

Maybe. He's gotta stay healthy though, which IS an issue with him, especially considering that I don't really ever remember him taking any big hits to date in this offense.

Maybe. He's gotta stay healthy though, which IS an issue with him, especially considering that I don't really ever remember him taking any big hits to date in this offense.

That goes without saying, for everyone.

He's supposedly healthy now and he's had 14 targets all season, mostly consisting of dump offs or inaccurate throws. This team has squandered him, just as they're squandering the entire group of talented players on offense.

Everyone's seemingly OK with DA walking now but if we had a semi competent OC and QB his true value would be known. See Allen's excellent rookie season.

That goes without saying, for everyone. He's supposedly healthy now and he's had 14 targets all season, mostly consisting of dumpoffs or inaccurate throws. This team has squandered him, just as they're squandering the entire group of talented players on offense.

Everyone's OK with DA walking but if we had a semi competent OC and QB his true value would be known. See Allen's excellent rookie season.

I don't want to see him leave, I think he and Fleener should be focal points in the gameplan. It's tough to say that they've "squandered" him though, considering he did have 8 TDs last year, and we're 8 games into this season.

I expect a lot more usage of our TEs moving forward.

I don't want to see him leave, I think he and Fleener should be focal points in the gameplan. It's tough to say that they've "squandered" him though, considering he did have 8 TDs last year, and we're 8 games into this season.

I expect a lot more usage of our TEs moving forward.

And 395 yards receiving. He was great in the red zone but hardly utlized otherwise. This year the Colts never make it to the red zone so he's never targeted. Look at the offense this year, the talent is being squandered. Big time.

And 395 yards receiving. He was great in the red zone but hardly utlized otherwise. This year the Colts never make it to the red zone so he's never targeted. Look at the offense this year, the talent is being squandered. Big time.

Allen has ran 91 routes all season. That's crazy to me. For comparison, Fleener has ran like 240.

Allen has ran 91 routes all season. That's crazy to me. For comparison, Fleener has ran like 240.

Not nearly as crazy as being targeted a combined 59 times in those 331 combined routes. That don't take into account the offense has ran 333 pass plays So Coby has been off for 93 of them (I am of the mind that Hilton does not need to be targeted 10.2 times a game to be affective) and for this pass offense to take another step in the right direction Fleener has to be targeted more then an average of 5.6 times per game and Allen 1.7

If Dwayne just shuts his big fat mouth and quits his extra-curricular activities and concentrates on being a football player, he would be fine.

and what are these extra-curricular activities that are preventing him from being a football player?