Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Really Mallett, really?

Cynjin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that last year. They look further than just a Qb away this year.

Agreed. . . Their defense has not stepped up this year like it did last year.  JJ Watt hasn't even stood out this year.

I also think that they downgraded when they let Fitzpatrick go and got Hoyer.  

Mallet is an unfortunate waste of talent.  I've given him the benefit of the doubt for too long.  

The Houston Chronicle's Brian Smith reports coach Bill O'Brien wanted to release Ryan Mallett after he missed the team flight to Miami, but GM Rick Smith overpowered O'Brien and vetoed the move.

We have a good ol' power conflict atop an organization that is heading in the wrong direction. O'Brien runs a tight ship and doesn't tolerate malcontents like Mallett, who was already on thin ice after showing up late to a training-camp practice and acting like a pouting toddler on the sideline when he was replaced by Brian Hoyer a couple weeks back. After further discussions, we wouldn't be surprised if Mallett ultimately gets the boot. O'Brien was hired partly by owner Bob McNair, and Smith is a holdover who hasn't done much right. McNair is big on character.
Oct 

The Houston Chronicle's Brian Smith reports coach Bill O'Brien wanted to release Ryan Mallett after he missed the team flight to Miami, but GM Rick Smith overpowered O'Brien and vetoed the move.

We have a good ol' power conflict atop an organization that is heading in the wrong direction. O'Brien runs a tight ship and doesn't tolerate malcontents like Mallett, who was already on thin ice after showing up late to a training-camp practice and acting like a pouting toddler on the sideline when he was replaced by Brian Hoyer a couple weeks back. After further discussions, we wouldn't be surprised if Mallett ultimately gets the boot. O'Brien was hired partly by owner Bob McNair, and Smith is a holdover who hasn't done much right. McNair is big on character.

Source: Houston Chronicle 

Oct

I was surprised that Mallett didn't get the boot after this, not sure why Smith wants to keep him.

It's not a defense issue, a quarterback issue, a key player issue, etc. The Texans are lost. Their coach has lost them. They were flat footed out there today. They flat out weren't trying. Bill needs to be the next midseason axe imo.

Texans should dump him like he did to Penn State.

It was classless what he did to those kids.

Agreed. . . Their defense has not stepped up this year like it did last year. JJ Watt hasn't even stood out this year.

I also think that they downgraded when they let Fitzpatrick go and got Hoyer.

Mallet is an unfortunate waste of talent. I've given him the benefit of the doubt for too long.

JJ WATT looked average at best against us in the first game.

He was a non-issue all game.

Well, that is the way sports are structured. You know, if you win more games or beat someone you are considered better.

Its not rocket science.

It's stupid. There are teams that beat and are beaten by the same team sometimes more than once in multiple sports. But you guys like to pull anything out of your behinds to make your arguments work, so go ahead and think what you will.

Oh nice.  Did they just bring him in or has he been there?  Isn't Savage on ir?  I thought I read one QB was on ir

I'm not sure on the details, but I've heard multiple reports that he has a new contract with the team. The reason Mallett wasn't disciplined after the first incident was because Savage was on IR, but I don't think BOB was gonna tolerate his insubordination more than once. He was embarrassing himself and his team. But yeah, Tom the Savage is on IR lol.

Very true. That kid is a stud. But I have to believe defenses are going to give him even more attention now that foster is gone.

Foster wasn't present the first four or five games of the season and Hopkins was just fine.

Defenses adjust as the season moves along. Hopkins just had his worst game of the season

...and still averaged 8 yards per catch. Defenses can adjust if they like, but they still haven't stopped the likes of Julio, Green, Brown, Johnson...Hopkins isn't going to just suddenly start being unproductive just because he didn't have 100 yards receiving for one game.

So you're operating under the assumption the Texans don't beat the Colts the next time they play. I'll keep that in mind if we do win.

I'm DEFINITELY operating under that assumption, and given the Texans history in Indianapolis, so should everyone else.

However, that's future. As of right now, the Colts have beaten the Texans six times in a row, on the road, at home, doesn't matter. If someone says "Colts are better than Texans," I don't understand how there's an argument.

I'm DEFINITELY operating under that assumption, and given the Texans history in Indianapolis, so should everyone else.

However, that's future. As of right now, the Colts have beaten the Texans six times in a row, on the road, at home, doesn't matter. If someone says "Colts are better than Texans," I don't understand how there's an argument.

Okay. But we were discussing the meaning of being better as a whole, not concerning just the Texans and Colts. And that was what I was finding issue with.