Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Charting the Colts Offensive Line Week 5

SDakColts

Ben Gundy is back to charting the Colts offensive line weekly now on coltsauthority. It was one of my favorite articles to read weekly so I was happy to hear he was starting to do it again. I figured I would post a link here for everyone else.

Link: http://coltsauthority.com/2015-archives/charting-the-colts-offensive-line-week-5-vs-texans.html

Like I said after they put Thornton in and I graded his first game....Leave him in......Sometimes ya have to have faith a kid with obvious talent will put it together in time.....Well he has to get that time first to put it together and letting a talented player rot on the bench after an initial rocky start does not do enough for his development, Learn by doing.

Like I said after they put Thornton in and I graded his first game....Leave him in......Sometimes ya have to have faith a kid with obvious talent will put it together in time.....Well he has to get that time first to put it together and letting a talented player rot on the bench after an initial rocky start does not do enough for his development, Learn by doing.

When he is not injured, Thornton is our meanest lineman.  He 'may' be our best run blocker and he 'pulls' well.  I never give up on someone due to injuries.  :thmup:

And people were saying we had no talent in the oline  :sip:

I'm glad that the Oline calls are much more consistent this year.  There has been your usual game head scratches but in comparison they are very few and far between.  Blocking assignments are starting to make sense again!  :D

Great job,
 Holmes is improving. We are to believe he is very bright. I thought he worked really well with his guards on double teams.
 And many here remember how well Reitz played beside AC a few years ago. It looked to me like Joe and Thornton did some really nice things together. Wishing them all good health and i look forward to seeing them improve as a unit!

Ben Gundy is back to charting the Colts offensive line weekly now on coltsauthority. It was one of my favorite articles to read weekly so I was happy to hear he was starting to do it again. I figured I would post a link here for everyone else.

Link: http://coltsauthority.com/2015-archives/charting-the-colts-offensive-line-week-5-vs-texans.html

Thanks for the link. Gundy's line analysis is always a great read.

After re-watching that last game, I have to give the O line even more credit.  I thought it was primarily the short passing and Hasselbeck getting rid of the ball so quickly.  But on most of those type of throws, he was so clean and well protected, he could have probably gone down the field a lot more and still be protected.  The O-line really earned it's pay that game.  And Thornton was almost perfect.  Good to see.

Gundy's offensive line break downs are some of the best researched, well written articles I have ever read on the offensive line, I'm glad he's doing it again.

Agreed.  Really happy to see these again.   I pay for PFF but much prefer Ben's in depth analysis.  Great job.

It was actually nice to watch the online block up JJ Watt and company for a game. My question is was it the online gelling better, the defense not blitzing all out as it seemed teams were doing against luck or was it the decisions of Matt throwing the ball shorter, quicker routes than what Luck had been doing?

What my eyes had recalled seeing with Luck were teams bringing everyone at Luck and Luck making bad decisions. It didn't appear that the Texans were bringing the same heat nor did the team prior to that and both of those were Hassleback led teams. Teams will all out pressure Luck until he consistently burns defenses that show he can make the right decisions as it appears Matt had done. Going to be a tough game for Luck to change his playing style.

Great article.  First time I've read anything from him!  As he mentioned what a wonderful job Reitz did on JJ Watt was amazing!!  Hopefully he can keep it up, and stay healthy.  Thornton, I've never been a big fan of, but here sure has started to prove me wrong within the last couple weeks.  It's great to see the OL working together.  It is much needed during the next 5 game stretch.