Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shaun Prater Signed

Detectacon

He has been around and like stated earlier should provide adequate veteran depth? I wonder if Indy has any interest in Shareece Wright the disgruntled 49er Corner Back? I am unsure if he is a man to man or zone corner, maybe someone else can enlighten?

Whether he's a man to man or zone corner, he was awful last year and there is no way he'll be traded as he has a one year deal.

Whether he's a man to man or zone corner, he was awful last year and there is no way he'll be traded as he has a one year deal.

Looking at his scouting reports it appears that he is a fit for both coverages? I wasn't speaking in terms of trading for him but if Indy may have interest if he is given the release he is seeking? Solid veteran depth never hurts and with Toler's injury concerns it would be prudent to at least kick the tires if he is released?

He has been around and like stated earlier should provide adequate veteran depth? I wonder if Indy has any interest in Shareece Wright the disgruntled 49er Corner Back? I am unsure if he is a man to man or zone corner, maybe someone else can enlighten?

I started a thread posing the question about Shareece Wright yesterday. Let's say the thread lasted about as long as  Jamarcus Russell's career. 

This is the kind of stuff that I don't understand from this front office.  Prater is really bad.  So why sign him?  if he is better than Patterson, the difference is so minuscule as to not be noticeable. 

And if there is a difference it will be negated by the fact that Prater is not going to know the defense.

Looking at his scouting reports it appears that he is a fit for both coverages? I wasn't speaking in terms of trading for him but if Indy may have interest if he is given the release he is seeking? Solid veteran depth never hurts and with Toler's injury concerns it would be prudent to at least kick the tires if he is released?

Josh Thomas looks good and we just signed Shaun Prater who is also solid veteran depth.. so unless someone fails to impress it's safe to say he won't be signed. Just because he was successful before doesn't mean he'll be now. There's a reason he was released and has been inactive all of this season.

Josh Thomas looks good and we just signed Shaun Prater who is also solid veteran depth.. so unless someone fails to impress it's safe to say he won't be signed. Just because he was successful before doesn't mean he'll be now. There's a reason he was released and has been inactive all of this season.

He hasn't been released....he asked to be traded OR released. I like what Thomas did in the last game but don't have a lot of faith in Prater but who knows? 

This is the kind of stuff that I don't understand from this front office.  Prater is really bad.  So why sign him?  if he is better than Patterson, the difference is so minuscule as to not be noticeable. 

And if there is a difference it will be negated by the fact that Prater is not going to know the defense.

Have you watched him play? He has had very little action in the NFL. And a move similar to this brought the Colts Josh Thomas who was huge in the win Sunday (that's not to say Prater will be the same and/or Thomas will continue at that level).

He hasn't been released....he asked to be traded OR released. I like what Thomas did in the last game but don't have a lot of faith in Prater but who knows? 

Whoops.. I meant he wasn't resigned by the Chargers and he only  got a one year deal this offseason. He led the league in pass interference last year and only played average to below average. Got signed by the 49ers and has been inactive the first three weeks.. I don't know I just don't want him.

If you havn't noticed we're kind of lacking in the CB's that are not hurt department.  That's why we signed him.  

There arn't talented CB's who are free agents left on the market.  So at this point they are just looking for warm bodies.

Coffee is correct again! Its like lets stir the bottom of the roster for %s and giggles!! Find a guy with talent stick with him and see if he improves. What a concept!

Whoops.. I meant he wasn't resigned by the Chargers and he only  got a one year deal this offseason. He led the league in pass interference last year and only played average to below average. Got signed by the 49ers and has been inactive the first three weeks.. I don't know I just don't want him.

Oh wow, didn't realize he led the league in PI calls...doh! Thanks for the info  :thmup:

Have you watched him play? He has had very little action in the NFL. And a move similar to this brought the Colts Josh Thomas who was huge in the win Sunday (that's not to say Prater will be the same and/or Thomas will continue at that level).

Nope, I do what I do whenever I see a player that I have not personally watched, I go to a site that has proven to be accurate with there scores and analytics.  And he had one of the lowest scores I have ever seen.

He could be great, I guess I just feel sorry for Patterson.

If you havn't noticed we're kind of lacking in the CB's that are not hurt department.  That's why we signed him.  

There arn't talented CB's who are free agents left on the market.  So at this point they are just looking for warm bodies.

I have noticed.  My point is I doubt he's any more talented than Patterson.

Coffee is correct again! Its like lets stir the bottom of the roster for %s and giggles!! Find a guy with talent stick with him and see if he improves. What a concept!

I think you nailed what strikes me wrong about this and a lot of similar moves the FO makes.  If they don't think the guys at the bottom of the roster are good enough to play then why are they on the roster?