Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blake Bortles calls out fans for criticizing play calling

Nobody

Jaguars QB Blake Bortles on fans questioning play-calling: "it's like kindergarteners saying something to college kids."

— Mark Long (@APMarkLong)

September 16, 2015

"It's like kindergarteners saying something to college kids"

I suppose Blake expects fans to sit there and simply nod their heads at every interception he throws. Come on man, you can't get mad at fans for being unhappy about losing.

He actually is right. But this isn't going to make him any more popular with any fans lol. I can understand an athlete's plight though, with people criticizing you every single time you lose when they really don't get what you go through, at all, in your profession.

No he's not right, he's not right at all!! So what he's saying is, "if you haven't played professional football you have no right to talk about it". No, that's not right, no even close. FANS know what they see, they know what makes sense and question things that don't. If you're not a meteorologist does that mean you can't talk about the weather? If you don't lay tile does that mean you're not allowed to talk about the tile work?

How do you think it would go over if the president told the public "hey, if your not a politician you wouldn't understand the work we do, so stop talking"

Blake is getting ripped here in Jax on sports radio too, including the sports radio that's the home of the Jags. He played horribly and the offense that looked like world beaters in pre season looked like last years. The fans that were getting excited are * and depressed, so what they get from their starting QB is a "shut up you little children" comment?? NOT going over well..

peak into the jags forum and read what they have to say :lol:

I go there sometimes just to read posts from Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN.  That dude is hysterical.  See the Exhibit A:

Posted by Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN on 26 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

I for one am very encouraged by what has transipired the past few weeks. So we lost a few meaningless non divisional games... Who cares? Why would even bother to show our hand in games that are somewhere between the preseason and the regular season??? With divisional season starting Sunday, for all intents and purposes our season begins this Sunday. Therefore, a few things we have learned as we head into week one vs. the Colts....

- One thing we have learned is that In the southeastern part of the country, we struggle to play with a lead. In the nortwestern part of the country, we struggle to play from behind. This is fixable as we do not travel to the west coast again - unless of course Goodell makes us take the long route to London and I cant envision a scenario where we would fall behind again the rest of the season. The schedule is favorable for us from this point on and feel like our guys have matured from the opening three games of the season, or as many like to call it, a murders row of first three games.

- Another thing we have learned is that our special teams have once again proven to be second to none. Already this year, Bryan Anger leads the league (the LEAGUE, not the conference or division, I repeat the LEAGUE) in punt yardage. So far this year, he has punted for 1204 yards - second closest is 170 yards behind him, and nearly 350 yards more than New England and almost 700 yards more than Seattle!!! And no I'm not a troll or making this up - here is a reputable website that will prove my point:http://espn.go.com/n.../_/stat/punting. I also can't say enough about Josh Scobee - a perfect 100% on field goal attempts and extra point kicks. Note: We cannot fault him for the failed two point conversion against Oakland as he did not participate on that play. Kudos to Mike Mallory, Jags Special Teams Coach, for taking our special teams to a whole new level!!!

- Finally, one thing we have learned is that some Jags fans are not very smart. I see all over the message board posts about us needing to draft Teddy Bridgewater. This would be insane! Why in the world would we want four quarterbacks??? We already have three BCS quarterbacks in Gabbert, Henne, and Stanzi, so why waste another roster spot on a 4th qb. Furthermore, Denard Robinson played some quarterback in college at Michigan, so he could always be stuck there in a pinch as well. We need help on both lines, the backfield, the line backer spot and the  secondary, but have such great depth and proven winners at all QB spots. Why even bother taking a quarterback who is clearly benefiting from the scheme of the OC - wouldn't make very much sense.

That's all for now. I am excited for this weekend and to see what the rest of this season brings!!!

I literally LOL'ed.  He goes on about their punter kicker tandem in several other posts.  He had a "meltdown" when they traded Scobee to Pittsburgh, lol.

No he's not right, he's not right at all!! So what he's saying is, "if you haven't played professional football you have no right to talk about it". No, that's not right, no even close. FANS know what they see, they know what makes sense and question things that don't. If you're not a meteorologist does that mean you can't talk about the weather? If you don't lay tile does that mean you're not allowed to talk about the tile work?

How do you think it would go over if the president told the public "hey, if your not a politician you wouldn't understand the work we do, so stop talking"

Blake is getting ripped here in Jax on sports radio too, including the sports radio that's the home of the Jags. He played horribly and the offense that looked like world beaters in pre season looked like last years. The fans that were getting excited are * and depressed, so what they get from their starting QB is a "shut up you little children" comment?? NOT going over well..

this is 100% correct. although the fans reaction to one game is a tad overboard, but that's to be expected

a lot of guys have all the physical tools to be great nfl qb's. what separates the greats from the rest is intelligence & leadership. these comments don't bode well for bortles in that regard, which suits me fine as a colts fan

Just because fans aren't experts on stuff it doesn't mean they can't tell when something is wrong or a major screw up happens. By Blake's reasoning the Jags fans should sit and be quiet even if he and Gus guide the jags to 30 wins over the next 15 years. I mean, the fans couldn't do better right?

the thing is, ANYONE can call plays, especially before the QB gets to the line.  it doesnt take a pro athlete or football genius to pick what plays to run. 

its one thing that fans have every right to criticize, just my opinion

LOL

Not just anyone can be a play caller. Sorry.

Bortles is right. Most fans and media who fuss about 'bad play calling' don't know what they're talking about, and don't have any idea how much film work and study goes into creating a gameplan on a weekly basis. That is the reason I try not to criticize specific play calling, because I haven't watched the film, done the studying, etc. 

LOL

Not just anyone can be a play caller. Sorry.

Bortles is right. Most fans and media who fuss about 'bad play calling' don't know what they're talking about, and don't have any idea how much film work and study goes into creating a gameplan on a weekly basis. That is the reason I try not to criticize specific play calling, because I haven't watched the film, done the studying, etc. 

lol

sorry disagree.  of course the pros dont like fan criticism, that wont stop it though

"It's like kindergarteners saying something to college kids"

Spoken like a true privileged jock that got through school based of his athletic skills and a free pass through everything up to college. 

Blake, get back to me in 10 years when you're broke and don't know what to do cause you were too busy skating through school the easy way with your athletic abilities and didn't learn much. 

Here's the thing, we may not be any better at Bortles at being a QB, but it's not our job to be a QB, that's his job. It's my job to be a poker player and an accountant, it's other people's jobs here to do what they do for a living and do it well. It's Bortles job to be one of the best qbs in the world, earn those millions of dollars, and be the franchise qb they drafted him to be at 3 overall. If he has a ton of trouble winning a few games a year, he is letting down his fans and not doing his job. He also deserves the fan criticism for it. You are supposed to be one of the best qbs in the world, shut up and prove it now.