Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MNF-Eagles vs Falcons

RockThatBlue

They got it back, but receiver botches a catch into an interception.  Those sting. 

Passing            CP/AT    YDS    TD    INT
S. Bradford       36/52    336     1       2

Passing            CP/AT    YDS    TD    INT
M. Ryan            23/34    298     2       2

I knew the Eagles would lose. All that preseason hype they had because nobody game planned for that offense.

Might be early to proclaim that.   Dan Quinn, Falcons HC, was Seattle Seahawks DC the past few seasons, beat Chip Kelley's Eagles a lot worse last year; holding them to the least yardage ever in Chip Kelley era.  Dan Quinn knows how to beat them, and the Eagles still almost won, on the road down a lot at halftime.  The Eagles will wear out and destroy many opponents this year, and Bradford will stop worrying about re-injury and settle in at QB.

But you may be right.  I'll wait until later in the season though.

Because their kicker missed? They'll be one of the best in the NFC this year.

Might be early to proclaim that.   Dan Quinn, Falcons HC, was Seattle Seahawks DC the past few seasons, beat Chip Kelley's Eagles a lot worse last year; holding them to the least yardage ever in Chip Kelley era.  Dan Quinn knows how to beat them, and the Eagles still almost won, on the road down a lot at halftime.  The Eagles will wear out and destroy many opponents this year, and Bradford will stop worrying about re-injury and settle in at QB.

But you may be right.  I'll wait until later in the season though.

I just have friends who are Eagles fans that just acted like the Eagles were going to put up 40 every game and Demarco Murray would slaughter everyone. I have them making the playoffs but not being world eaters. Losing to the Falcons who had one of the worst defenses last year is not a good start.

I just have friends who are Eagles fans that just acted like the Eagles were going to put up 40 every game and Demarco Murray would slaughter everyone. I have them making the playoffs but not being world eaters. Losing to the Falcons who had one of the worst defenses last year is not a good start.

You had them making the playoffs AND losing to the Falcons? Hmmm. Not sure I believe you.

You had them making the playoffs AND losing to the Falcons? Hmmm. Not sure I believe you.

Had them winning the division because my bold prediction is the Cowboys finished under 500 and I didn't think any other division rival would compete with them. Had the Falcons upsetting them tonight though because I had a feeling JJ would go off.

Bradford looked awful in the first half but then got it going in the second half. When I watch Philly, I keep thinking about what Belichick said on "Do Your Job" that if you give the same look over and over than the defense gets a beat so you have to mix up the looks and the pace. I think defenses will be much better prepared for the Philly attack this season and defend it better. Also, the extreme hurry up really hurts his D in terms of them getting gassed. It is one thing to run a bunch of plays in two minutes and score but when you don't and you go three and out, it really puts a lot of pressure on the defense. I do think Atlanta was a tough match up for them with Jones but they will need to be in top condition to compete all season.  I believe the East will be quagmire all season with the Cowboys finishing on top.