Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

List of possible 2016 HC Candidates.

Dustin

It doesn't because the topic and debate isn't about all that nonsense. It is about who can HC and me bringing up Chud poisoning being a HC and him not worrying about developing luck because that's what a qb coach is for.

My point is why are we even debating this at this time of year? Irsay is not going to make any changes anytime soon. Maybe it would be better to wait till the season is over and then cross that when the time makes a difference? We just started a new season and things like this are useless to even be brought up. The knee jerk reaction to one loss is amazing to me. There are a lot of issues to debate over than what might happen next year.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is why are we even debating this at this time of year? Irsay is not going to make any changes anytime soon. Maybe it would be better to wait till the season is over and then cross that when the time makes a difference? We just started a new season and things like this are useless to even be brought up. The knee jerk reaction to one loss is amazing to me. There are a lot of issues to debate over than what might happen next year.

Even if Irsay walked out tomorrow and announced that he had fired Pagano they aren't going to name a new coach during the season.  They are going to make someone the interim coach to finish the season and that hardly ever works well.  So like you I think timing of this thread is odd. 

If the Colts want Pagano back, he'll be back. If they don't he won't. It's not like Pagano is going to have offers lined up out the door for other HC gigs; he's not, even if he wins the SB. This will be his only chance to HC in 2016.

I wouldn't be too sure of having offers to work if he was fired. Head coaches with experience and a winning record don't seem to have too much problems finding work. If Jim Caldwell found work at Baltimore then on to Detroit as a head coach I wouldn't think Pagano would have a problem. Just my thoughts.

I wouldn't be too sure of having offers to work if he was fired. Head coaches with experience and a winning record don't seem to have too much problems finding work. If Jim Caldwell found work at Baltimore then on to Detroit as a head coach I wouldn't think Pagano would have a problem. Just my thoughts.

i remember when Caldwell was fired people here swore he'd never be a Head Coach again. If anyone doubts that the NFL retreads coaches remember Jack Del Rio is the Head Coach of the Raiders right now.

Josh McDaniels would most likely want full control of his roster like he had in Denver and that was a disaster. Don't forget he traded UP to draft Tim Tebow. Also, why Kyle Shanahan? I'd be ok with Doug Marrone though.

#1: Just because Josh failed in Denver, it doesn't mean he's a horrible coach. Remember, Pete Carroll in NE & then he won a SB in Seattle in 2013? Bill Belichick in Cleveland & then success in Massachusetts. Failure out of the gate means absolutely nothing PR. If I was Josh, why would I wanna leave NE? 

Bill Cowher

Bill is a permanent broadcaster on CBS now. He's never leaving the cocoon of TV. Crazy money & a short work week. 

If the rumors are true and Grigson is the root of a lot of these problems we just need to clean house and start over ... a coach that will be Grigson's "Yes Man" is definitely not the answer.

I have learned to ignore his press conferences entirely because his double speak is useless to decipher, but he's always kicking over every stone bringing in talent. He can't draft a defensive playmaker to save his caboose. I will give you that, but I'm not dumping Grigs. Let's get real here. The dude looks at a ton of game tape & he does bring in athletic bodies year in year out. 

How about a guy that coach along side the hoodie and knows all his philosophies? Matt Patricia, DC Patriots. He would be way better than Josh McDaniels. Like for serious...If we want to defeat the enemy, we must become the enemy. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/01/30/patriots-defensive-coordinator-matt-patricia-star-the-making/a301PdyADueaLsByvSt7rO/story.html

“Matt Patricia has every bit as much to do with the Patriots defensive success as anyone in Foxboro,” former Patriots linebacker Matt Chatham wrote for Football by Football. “What plays teams run with their players, how well they’re prepared to execute those plays, and when specifically to call them...that’s what it’s all about. Your puppet won’t work without a great puppeteer.”

I keep asking my NE friends about him & because I never get a response back from them I figure he's a lifer in Patriots Country & will never ever leave the Boston area. Personally, I wanna make a run at Tom Coughlin if the Giants suck this year & the Mara Family lets him go after this dismal season. Tom's a darn good coach. I don't care how old he is either. I just like steady, proven leaders who never panic. Plus, Tom took total responsibility for losing to the Cowboys this week for poor situational management & I respect that.

In addition, I loved when Tom laid into Tampa Bay Bucs coach Greg Schiano in 2012 I believe for running a live play when the game was over & all Eli was doing was kneeling. Tom was irate over possibly getting his o-line hurt & Schiano was too darn stupid to realize what a fool he really was. SMH to this day over his lunacy on that play. I love coaches who go after people trying to injure their guys. 

I'm probably biased when it comes to big blue but I revere how that whole organization is run from top to bottom & they always fight, scratch, & compete even in down years. No quit in that team at all & no excuses ever. If they played poorly, they say it. 

If I were looking for a coach I'd call the Ravens and see how much it would cost me to get John Harbaugh. Once they told me no I'd get serious about exploring realistic options.

I'd be cool with John as well GC8818, but I just can't picture owner Steve Bisciotti cutting him loose anytime soon. 

My point is why are we even debating this at this time of year? Irsay is not going to make any changes anytime soon. Maybe it would be better to wait till the season is over and then cross that when the time makes a difference? We just started a new season and things like this are useless to even be brought up. The knee jerk reaction to one loss is amazing to me. There are a lot of issues to debate over than what might happen next year.

So your issue is with the discussion entirely. Ok, that confused me cause you quoted me and not the OP. That's a fair point, but it's a discussion nonetheless, and interesting speculation.

There are a few personalities that I like such as Greg Roman but I really want a defensive head coach and then a NEW strong OC candidate.

I'd love to teal Gus Bradley if Jacksonville decide to move on from him, unlikely, but let me dream.

I'd love Greg Roman as an OC if he was available.

I'd be cool with John as well GC8818, but I just can't picture owner Steve Bisciotti cutting him loose anytime soon.

me either, but if I was looking for a new coach that's where I would start. With that said we don't have an opening at the moment and I don't think he's a realistic choice if we did.

I acknowledged his Raiders team, what the heck are you talking about?

You simply said he ran Sam wyche's team....i mean Tony Dungy's team , into the ground......as though that's all he has ever done. I don't think saying "albiet against his former team" is acknowledging anything.

It's gonna be Pep, folks. Get used to it. 

The only benefit to Pep as head coach is that he would no longer be the OC. We might actually throw less than 45 times a game.

I would love to bring Jim Harbaugh in. Reunite he and Luck. Look at what he did in SF with Krapneck at QB. 

But it seems pretty clear that Grigson wants a yes man who is going to do his bidding the way he wants it done, with no questions asked or concerns raised. 

He also loves keeping Luck connected to his Stanford acquaintances, and Pep fits the bill on every level there.

If the Colts want Pagano back, he'll be back. If they don't he won't. It's not like Pagano is going to have offers lined up out the door for other HC gigs; he's not, even if he wins the SB. This will be his only chance to HC in 2016.

What the ???????????

Where did you come up with such complete and utter nonsense?!?

Is this a creation of your own mind,  or did you read/hear that somewhere?

You're trying to float that a coach who wins the Super Bowl wouldn't be offered a HC job by another team?

On what planet is that true?  

We need passion Fire

Bring on these to name a few

1. Josh McDaniels

2 Rob Ryan

3 Doug Marrone

The idea that Chuck Pagano doesn't have fire and passion is one of the GREAT LIES OF THIS WEBSITE!!

Complete poppycock.

When Grigson interviewed Pagano he wrote on his notepad that players will love him and want to run through walls for him with their hair on fire.

And then,  simply based on shots of Pagano on the sidelines not acting the way a fan in his living room thinks is appropriate,  the fans here have determined that Chuck Pagano lacks passion and fire.

It's one of the biggest steaming piles of crap that's ever been bought and sold here.

I call it.........  The Big Lie!

And way too many here have bought it hook, line and sinker....

Congrats.....            :facepalm:

From what I see right now, I want Jim Tomsula.  It seems like whoever the 49ers have on defense, their front is always so dominate.  We need to trade for him or kidnap him

You've made this judgement based on ONE REGULAR SEASON GAME?!?

Really?      Seriously?

That's impressive.......

It's gonna be Pep, folks. Get used to it. 

I would love to bring Jim Harbaugh in. Reunite he and Luck. Look at what he did in SF with Krapneck at QB. 

But it seems pretty clear that Grigson wants a yes man who is going to do his bidding the way he wants it done, with no questions asked or concerns raised. 

He also loves keeping Luck connected to his Stanford acquaintances, and Pep fits the bill on every level there.  

It seems pretty clear?!?    To who?     To you, maybe,  but not to me.

And I have no idea -- none -- why you'd think that.

Where did you come up with the idea that Grigson wants "yes" men with no questions asked or concerns raised?

Seriously!    How did you come up with this conclusion?

Who has written that?  

This is complete and absolute nonsense.....

All but a foregone conclusion that this is Pagano's last year in Indy.

Here are some HC Candidates I've put into tiers ranking from most-likely to least-likely. Bolded names make my wish-list. 

Most Likely Candidates: 

Pat Shurmur, OC, Philadelphia

Pep Hamilton, OC, Indianapolis

Adam Gase, OC, Chicago

Greg Roman, OC, Buffalo

Teryl Austin, DC, Detroit

Moderate Chance: 

Mike Smith, FA

Kyle Shanahan, OC, Atlanta

Doug Marrone, OL, Jacksonville

Hue Jackson, OC, Cincinnati

Not Very Likely: 

David Shaw, HC, Stanford

Josh McDaniels, OC, New England

Bill Lazor, OC, Miami

Jon Gruden, FA

LOL No (aka no chance):

Nick Saban, HC, Alabama

Urban Meyer, HC, Ohio State

Please say Pep is a joke of a choice. The sooner the he heads back west the the better.

The idea that Chuck Pagano doesn't have fire and passion is one of the GREAT LIES OF THIS WEBSITE!!

Complete poppycock.

When Grigson interviewed Pagano he wrote on his notepad that players will love him and want to run through walls for him with their hair on fire.

And then,  simply based on shots of Pagano on the sidelines not acting the way a fan in his living room thinks is appropriate,  the fans here have determined that Chuck Pagano lacks passion and fire.

It's one of the biggest steaming piles of crap that's ever been bought and sold here.

I think some fans define passion and fire as yelling and screaming at players during the game like they do at their TV during games.  While that's a stress release it's not realistic if you want a group of highly priced football players to respond to you.

Also, last time I checked the best coach in the NFL is BB in New England, BB is almost as boring as Tony Dungy was in terms of how he acts on the sidelines.  I think passion and fire are two of the most overrated things there are when looking for a good Head Coach. 

Complete poppycock.

even if I didn't agree with what you said, which I do, I'd have still Liked your post just for the use of the word poppycock. :)  Now I just need to find a way to sneak a 'persnickety' in somewhere and I'll be happy :)

even if I didn't agree with what you said, which I do, I'd have still Liked your post just for the use of the word poppycock. :)  Now I just need to find a way to sneak a 'persnickety' in somewhere and I'll be happy :)

Oh yeah?!?

Well,  I'll see your "persnickety" and raise you a "horse feathers"...

So,   take.....    THAT!!                :thmup: