Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore Says Andrew Luck Is A 'football God'

OhioColtsGirl

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Gore is pretty stupid, but I do like his attitude.  

I'm still worried about his conditioning.  

He'd have to come out after every 10+ yard run in SF because he was winded.  

I hope he's ready to take some pressure of Andrew.

How did you come to this conclusion?

I think you might be mistaken (or worse) - what matters is football IQ, and for that Frank Gore is very bright.  I hear Jameis Winston can read a defense very well after two pre season games - he might be a fool as he stand on a chair in the college cafeteria and shouts repugnant things, but he is evidently a smart player which is the point.  Closer to home - Larry Bird might come off as dumb, but cue up some NBA highlights and be amazed at his court wizardry.  Be careful with quick snappy and harsh judgments - and look in the mirror sometimes and see if that's who you really want to be. 

Do the people in this thread who are calling Gore "stupid" or asking others to "listen to the man speak" really think Gore was being literal?     Do you really think Gore thinks Luck is a "God"?

Gore is a quiet, soft spoken guy.     He may not be rocket scientist,  but I wouldn't conclude that the guy isn't smart because he doesn't talk like Luck or Hasselback or any other outgoing player.

It was a simple figure of speech.    I wouldn't reach much into Gore's comment beyond the fact that he's never played with a rare franchise level talent at Quarterback before.    And he hasn't come across someone like Luck who is likely one of the 10 brightest guys in the NFL blessed with a rare brain and intelligence.

Anyone calling Gore "stupid" is making a HUGE overreaction.....   and I'm being kind.

I swear my IQ drops from reading some of these posts. So being eloquent equals being smart? Is that what I am reading?

Really?

Funny thing is Gore is probably more intelligent than the people here calling him stupid. In fact he's probably more intelligent than most posters on this board.

Not near as stupid as this comment.

Can we have one thread where everyone gets along?!    Just once?

No!    Darn it,  no!!     :thmdown:

And you can't make me!       :catfight:          

Where do you get off trying to be....  reasonable?!?       :argue:       :censored2:      

:censored:          :explode:         :Nuke:

Do the people in this thread who are calling Gore "stupid" or asking others to "listen to the man speak" really think Gore was being literal?     Do you really think Gore thinks Luck is a "God"?

Gore is a quiet, soft spoken guy.     He may not be rocket scientist,  but I wouldn't conclude that the guy isn't smart because he doesn't talk like Luck or Hasselback or any other outgoing player.

It was a simple figure of speech.    I wouldn't reach much into Gore's comment beyond the fact that he's never played with a rare franchise level talent at Quarterback before.    And he hasn't come across someone like Luck who is likely one of the 10 brightest guys in the NFL blessed with a rare brain and intelligence.

Anyone calling Gore "stupid" is making a HUGE overreaction.....   and I'm being kind.

If you think I'm making this conclusion from his statement posted here then you're wrong.  

That doesn't explain your statement that Gore is stupid.

• Wonderlic score of 6.  
  • His interviews.  
  • His reading level when he was in school. 

They add up.  

I guess I offended people here. I didn't mean any malice.  

I was just saying for how dumb he is he is really football smart and seems like a good dude who doesn't get into trouble. 

He also has a great attitude. 

Sorry. Geeze.

• Wonderlic score of 6.  
  • His interviews.  
  • His reading level when he was in school. 

They add up.  

I guess I offended people here. I didn't mean any malice.  

I was just saying for how dumb he is he is really football smart and seems like a good dude who doesn't get into trouble. 

He also has a great attitude. 

Sorry. Geeze.

You have a link for that wonderlic score or his reading level?

Not a great source.

Another.  

Reading level  

Football smart. Not book smart.  

I have heard he can rip through a playbook very quickly though.

Thanks....   I appreciate the links. 

But I don't think they prove the Gore is stupid.      In fact,  I think they prove the opposite.

Your reading level link says he has a bad learning disability.     I think that explains the 6 wonderlic and the 3rd/4th grade reading level coming out of high school.

I don't know what his learning disability is -- there are all kinds -- but a learning disability, even a severe one does not make someone stupid.

And the fact that you note he's good at learning an NFL playbook should speak volumes as to how smart the guy is.   An NFL playbook can be daunting for many players.    That's why most rookies don't contribute much.    Information overload and they can't process things fast enough when they're playing.    Takes 'em a year or so to get up to speed.

I suspect Frank Gore is much smarter than some here give him credit for......

Just some food for thought.....

Well I still think he is dumb but that doesn't matter to me.

He seems like a good person and a great locker room guy. Humble in success. Dignified in defeat.

He is dyslexic from what I've heard so that could explain his reading troubles.

Everyone can agree he is/was a great running back.

He seems like a good person and a great locker room guy. Humble in success. Dignified in defeat.

This would have a lot to do with his reading troubles.

Just because he sounds southern and speaks slower doesn't mean he's not a smart guy at all.  Also the wonderlic is a garbage comparison with regards to how smart people are.  I've known some highly educated people, especially from the south, that you could hardly understand.  To the contrary of your opinion, according to bay area reporter Matt Maoicoo, Gore may be the most intelligent football player he's ever been around. 

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/7/16/2279114/frank-gore-smarter-than-the-average-bear

Ryan Leaf had a wonderlic score similar to that of Peyton Manning. 

I found this link.....   a list of famous people who are dyslexic.    The names on the list are incredibly impressive.

Among them is......   Frank Gore.

Don't confuse being dyslexic with being stupid.    They're not the same thing.    Not even close to the same thing.

Scroll the names on the list.....   I think you'll be impressed with the huge number of very, very successful people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_diagnosed_with_dyslexia

Just because he sounds southern and speaks slower doesn't mean he's not a smart guy at all.  Also the wonderlic is a garbage comparison with regards to how smart people are.  I've known some highly educated people, especially from the south, that you could hardly understand.  To the contrary of your opinion, according to bay area reporter Matt Maoicoo, Gore may be the most intelligent football player he's ever been around. 

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/7/16/2279114/frank-gore-smarter-than-the-average-bear

Ryan Leaf had a wonderlic score similar to that of Peyton Manning.

The wonderlic isn't garbage. It's only garbage if you had a low score lol