Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/7/2015 Colts Training Camp

TKnight24

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear our experiment players are doing well.  Duron and Geathers could potentially be huge for us this season.  Hopefully Geathers is our solution in the secondary we are looking for to stop TE's and big WR's!

Although Carter is listed as the 5WR, I wouldn't mind seeing him in there all times in the redzone.  Here's some food for thought:  Rotating AJ Moncrief and Carter with Dorsett and TY.  Keep them all fresh the whole game!  Heck even throw some 5 WR sets out there at times.  DC's would have their head spinning.

Cant forget to mention Allen/Fleener and Gore in the backfield.

Would the season start already?  Can't take all this hype!  At least we get a teaser shortly, with preseason games :)

this is basically comfirming what i have said about carter all along.  he is close to a lock to making the roster, and might even make some plays this year

dont be surprised if he takes snaps from moncrief.

I'm sure he's making the roster and will be a good player ... Howevah...

It wasn't too long ago when people were making a big fuss over Sambrano based on practice.

Just trying to temper my own expectations.

T.Y. Hilton (personal) had an excused absence today. Josh Robinson sat out with general soreness. #ColtsCamp15

— George Bremer (@gmbremer)

August 7, 2015

He was out with what? General Sorea**? From doing what? Eating bacon burgers? Correct me if I am wrong but did anyone see him doing anything since he arrived at camp? This is a gimmie roster spot if I ever saw one. 

I live in Canada, so I got to see some of Duron Carter as he played here in the CFL. Always came to Toronto and roasted the Argos. So when we signed him I was excited. Thought he would at least become a serviceable depth player at WR. But I did not see this coming. Obviously its just camp, and he has to prove it in the games as well, but if he can keep working hard, I can see him being an important part of this offense moving forward.

Man when your 5th WR is making you excited, you know your stacked on offense. Go Colts! 

I live in Canada, so I got to see some of Duron Carter as he played here in the CFL. Always came to Toronto and roasted the Argos. So when we signed him I was excited. Thought he would at least become a serviceable depth player at WR. But I did not see this coming. Obviously its just camp, and he has to prove it in the games as well, but if he can keep working hard, I can see him being an important part of this offense moving forward.

Man when your 5th WR is making you excited, you know your stacked on offense. Go Colts! 

He may not be 5th anymore.

The Colts videos are always terrible!

How are those even highlights? It's literally him just jogging and running a couple routes!

They have videos like that all season. The are always slow motion and don't show anything! haha

The music in that AJ "highlight" video is the worst thing ever.

The Colts videos are always terrible!

How are those even highlights? It's literally him just jogging and running a couple routes!

They have videos like that all season. The are always slow motion and don't show anything! haha

Guess they save the good stuff for GameDay haha

If he keeps this up is it possible Duron can end up as more than #5 on the depth chart?

Highly unlikely, unless we love someone long term due to injury. I'm pretty sure we're penciled in with Hilton, Johnson, Moncrief and Dorsett as our top four guys. But I would love for the Colts to use Carter a few times inside the Red Zone during the regular season if he continues to shine.

Duron Carter with his "wow" play of practice. Fade pattern to the corner. Ball appeared to be overthrown. Carter brings it in with one hand

Seems like this guy just does this stuff routinely now.  May have a freak on our hands

I have been saying this since before we officially signed him. The talent is there and as long as his maturity and dedication remains in tact.. he will be a stud in years to come.