Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who gets the MOST Rookie playing time this year?

TKnight24

Will Clayton Geathers get the most rookie playing time? READ: http://t.co/pcH6cryLMI pic.twitter.com/vzppSU4XR6

— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts)

August 6, 2015

Side Note:

Fans asking about Robert Mathis starting the season on PUP (would miss first 6 games). You think he wants to miss New England in Week 6?

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

August 6, 2015

depends on injuries.  could be anyone of them, i dont want to guess, but here goes anyway

assuming no injuries, which wont happen i will guess dorsett

i dont think it will be geathers unless adams or lowery is hurt.  even if he plays the dime back, that wont get him on the field more than the third WR

Geathers or Dorsett, it's a toss up imo

It'll be Geathers.

Dorsett will see the field, but with all the competition between he, Moncrief, Carter, and Whalen (Who is yet again making a VERY strong case for a roster spot) I think we're going to see A LOT of rotation at the 3rd and 4th WR positions. Just too many talented players at the position for one to take the majority of that time right now. 

I really hope Geathers comes out wowing people and ends up starting over Lowery. But the main 4 rookies will all play quite a bit IMO. Geathers, Anderson, Smith, and Dorsett. I'm hoping we get a surprise out of a guy like Parry. I'm guessing he and Quarles will fight it out for the last spot. By surprise I mean a solid rotational DT. I think we hit the jackpot with this draft class. In a couple years all 4 of those guys should be really good starters, and Herrera and Parry could be decent backups. Even Josh Robinson may end up being a pretty good 3rd RB.

Dorsett will see the field plenty, and should get the most playing time than any of our rookies, but with our depth at wr that probably wont happen. Djoun Smith, Clayton Geathers, and Henry Anderson are all just one injury away from a starter at there respected position from getting ALOT of playing time.

I like our defensive line depth this year. Might be the best depth in the Grigson era. This might be the best team as a whole in the Grigson era

Not only are we getting multiple players back who suffered from the injury bug, but we brought in veteran leadership on both side of the ball!!  We also buckled down a lot on the defensive side...  I was unhappy about the #1 pick being a WR, but in the end the coaches obviously know what they're doing.  I do agree this well be the best team in the Grigson era (by far)!  Just wait until the 2012 core is 6-7 years pro, among developing all these new great players.  It will be a better program than what Polian had.  The only thing besides developing the newer players, we will need to replace some of the old veterans the carry the leadership roles.  We have ALOT of them now (Mathis, Johnson, Gore, Cole, Langford).  Scary thing is we lost Wayne and Redding, I don't want to think if we didn't go this route and use FA to fill that gap this offseason.

depends on injuries.  could be anyone of them, i dont want to guess, but here goes anyway

assuming no injuries, which wont happen i will guess dorsett

i dont think it will be geathers unless adams or lowery is hurt.  even if he plays the dime back, that wont get him on the field more than the third WR

Moncrief is our 3rd WR.  Not alot of reports on him, but he is looking really good.  I think Dorsett will be our return guy, and be great at doing that for this year.  However, I think he will get alot of reps at WR.  Not only will the Colts be blowing out teams, but AJ (I've heard) will be on a snap count.  I don't think they want to over work him.  So Dorsett will be getting a lot of playing time.

Geathers on the other hand will see plenty of playing time as well.  He is a hybrid guy.  He will be utilized as a dime backer, disguising coverage, covering TE's (since we don't have a great LB that can), and also stopping the run, although I hear he needs to get better at.  I believe he is going to be a huge asset to our secondary when he is fully developed.

Henry Anderson will also get a fair share of snaps.  Colts do a good job of rotating players in and out.  My prediction:  I believe he will be used in blitzing packages on third and long quite often to bring the heat.  IMO he may be the best rushing DE's we have!