Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate merge -- pending appeal results

Bad Morty

There's a reason those threads go so many pages though...no thread here could last more than 1 page if only Pats fans replied to them.

I don't believe I said anything about the length of a thread, my comment was why so many different threads are started on the same or similar subject.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe I said anything about the length of a thread, my comment was why so many different threads are started on the same or similar subject.

In all fairness, not all of them are started by Patriots fans...In fact, I think you'd be pretty surprised if you looked back and saw exactly how many Patriots threads were actually started by those with Colts avatars...

In all fairness, not all of them are started by Patriots fans...In fact, I think you'd be pretty surprised if you looked back and saw how many Patriots threads were started by som ein your fanbase.

I was just about to say this. Many, many threads are started by Colts fans. And the Pats are often mentioned over on the Colts side as well on many threads.

I was just about to say this. Many, many threads are started by Colts fans. And the Pats are often mentioned over on the Colts side as well on many threads.

It's even more skewed than I realized...here are all the threads relating to Deflategate that were started in the last few month...

Started by amfootball Adam Schefter on the Patriots and their 'commodity' in Jimmy Garopplo 

Started by HtownColt DeflateGate - Brady suspension expected 

Started by King Colt Any Guesses On How the NFL Punishes Brady? 

Started by Grigs build the lines plz A history of cheating 

Started by amfootball Ex Dolphins assistant rips Ted Wells: "Not a good human being" 

Started by Bones_Jones wellsreportcontext.com - pats declares WAR against wells/NFL 

Started by CR91 Discussing the Patriots w/o Brady 
Started by Dustin Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal 
Started by pacolts56 AJ Feeley Claims Brady Was Cheating in 2004 
Started by Restored New Survey Shows Tom Brady's Popularity Reaching Career Low 
Started by esh318 May 19: Deflategate Song, to the tune of the Boxer 
Started by ColtsBlueFL May 19: NFLPA filed Contempt of Court chargers vs. Goodell / NFL 
Started by ColtsBlueFL May 19: NFLPA formally files for Goodell to recuse himself from Brady Appeal 
Started by NewColtsFan NFL/Patriots Deflategate compromise UPDATE: Pats will not appeal 
Started by \m/COLTS\m/ Revis on Brady/Deflategate 

Started by BlueShoe Jimmy Garoppolo 

Started by BlueShoe Brady suspended 4 games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks

Started by Gramz NFL Reject NFLPA Recusal Motion
Started by ColtsBlueFL Schefter saying NFL asked Pats to suspend McNally, Jastremski
Started by OffensivelyPC NFL.com adds asterisk next to Tom Brady's name
Started by BloodyChamp Joe cheated
Started by Jaric NFLPA investigating Patriots for potential CBA violation
Started by Bubbz The deflator
Started by BullsColtsFan1 Patriots sign QB Matt Flynn
Started by shakedownstreet Patriots' New Superbowl Rings Cause Fingers to Shrivel Up, Turn Black
Started by ColtsBlueFL The CBF Report-deflate science re-done Independently !
Started by Bad Morty Deflategate - - - merged pending appeal results

And this doesn't even include the threads started about the Patriots that actually didn't have to do with Deflategate...which, by the way, Colts fans also started the majority of. 

Man....those darn Patriots fans just wont stop coming to our forum and spewing their garbage by starting threads about their team!

It's even more skewed than I realized...here are all the threads relating to Deflategate that were started in the last few month...

Started by amfootball Adam Schefter on the Patriots and their 'commodity' in Jimmy Garopplo 

Started by amfootball Ex Dolphins assistant rips Ted Wells: "Not a good human being" 

Started by Bones_Jones wellsreportcontext.com - pats declares WAR against wells/NFL 

Started by ColtsBlueFL May 19: NFLPA filed Contempt of Court chargers vs. Goodell / NFL 
Started by ColtsBlueFL May 19: NFLPA formally files for Goodell to recuse himself from Brady Appeal 
Started by NewColtsFan NFL/Patriots Deflategate compromise UPDATE: Pats will not appeal 

Started by BlueShoe Brady suspended 4 games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks

Started by ColtsBlueFL Schefter saying NFL asked Pats to suspend McNally, Jastremski
Started by shakedownstreet Patriots' New Superbowl Rings Cause Fingers to Shrivel Up, Turn Black

And this doesn't even include the threads started about the Patriots that actually didn't have to do with Deflategate...which, by the way, Colts fans also started the majority of. 

Man....those darn Patriots fans just wont stop coming to our forum and spewing their garbage by starting threads about their team!

Wow   you have way too much time on your hands.   haha

Okay, so I am at least big enough to admit when I'm wrong and say I stand corrected.

You guys are still annoying, though.  :P

Wow   you have way too much time on your hands.   haha

Okay, so I am at least big enough to admit when I'm wrong and say I stand corrected.

You guys are still annoying, though.   :P

Hahah i had a few minutes at the end of the work day to check out the post history...then when I saw the results i just HAD to post them!!! ;)

and yes....we certainly are.

In all fairness, not all of them are started by Patriots fans...In fact, I think you'd be pretty surprised if you looked back and saw exactly how many Patriots threads were actually started by those with Colts avatars...

it doesn't matter who starts it

What matters is sheer volume of posting in these threads and the rudeness

Good luck figuring those stats :)

We recently had someone log in and make a negative comment in a positive thread (reference to how few comments the positive thread had gotten as compared to these deflategate conversations

I can't disagree with that but also cannot help but notice that there was not a positive comment posted to the positive thread so I found it hypocritical

I don't understand why colts fans are drawn to these discussions and I really cannot understand why pat fans are posting about it here.

People are drawn to fights.  I think everyone needs to own their role in this

it doesn't matter who starts it

What matters is sheer volume of posting in these threads and the rudeness

Good luck figuring those stats :)

We recently had someone log in and make a negative comment in a positive thread (reference to how few comments the positive thread had gotten as compared to these deflategate conversations

I can't disagree with that but also cannot help but notice that there was not a positive comment posted to the positive thread so I found it hypocritical

I don't understand why colts fans are drawn to these discussions and I really cannot understand why pat fans are posting about it here.

People are drawn to fights.  I think everyone needs to own their role in this

You are 100% on the money with the above. And I have don't know why myself and other Colt fans are drawn into discussing this . 

You are 100% on the money with the above. And I have don't know why myself and other Colt fans are drawn into discussing this . 

I ask myself that all the time...   Yet I still  get suckered in.  

Maybe because the Patriots have been a huge rival and Deflate Gate happened during the AFCCG vs. the Colts.  Not to mention, that there were (and probably still are) those who wanted to blame the Colts . . . including the "sour grapes" Tom Brady.

Point taken, Nadine.   I'll do my best to not take the bait anymore. 

I ask myself that all the time...   Yet I still  get suckered in.  

Maybe because the Patriots have been a huge rival and Deflate Gate happened during the AFCCG vs. the Colts.  Not to mention, that there were (and probably still are) those who wanted to blame the Colts . . . including the "sour grapes" Tom Brady.

Point taken, Nadine.   I'll do my best to not take the bait anymore. 

I hear ya

Maybe we are all being too hard on ourselves with this. It has been a national story now for 6 months and still not an end in sight. This thread is at 35 pages and for the most part has been civil with some barbs which is to be expected. But I know the feelings expressed here are more about the issue than the posters. If I did not think so than I would not stay.

I respect the Colts fans opinions even if I disagree. I get how lousy it is to not only lose the title game but then have a controversy surround it. This is why I have been so upset with the league. Whether or not you believe the Pats cheated or not, this should have been a lay up for the league as they were given a heads up. If the air pressure was THAT big of an issue than have Walt do a better job with the ball handling and inspection. And if it wasn't then just fine the Pats post-game and be done with it. That is what most of us were expecting back in Jan and would have been fine with that but to do a 100 day investigation? I mean really? Like I said the whole thing reeks and has from the get go and it has been a big reason for the divide up here IMO.

Maybe we are all being too hard on ourselves with this. It has been a national story now for 6 months and still not an end in sight. This thread is at 35 pages and for the most part has been civil with some barbs which is to be expected. But I know the feelings expressed here are more about the issue than the posters. If I did not think so than I would not stay.

I respect the Colts fans opinions even if I disagree. I get how lousy it is to not only lose the title game but then have a controversy surround it. This is why I have been so upset with the league. Whether or not you believe the Pats cheated or not, this should have been a lay up for the league as they were given a heads up. If the air pressure was THAT big of an issue than have Walt do a better job with the ball handling and inspection. And if it wasn't then just fine the Pats post-game and be done with it. That is what most of us were expecting back in Jan and would have been fine with that but to do a 100 day investigation? I mean really? Like I said the whole thing reeks and has from the get go and it has been a big reason for the divide up here IMO.

See I find this post both condescending and unrelated to what we were talking about

When you do this you are the problem

Whoa...

You mean to tell me that Colts fans are starting threads on a site meant for Colts fans??? I don't know how to feel about this...

Next, you're going to tell me that the majority of people who watch NFL Network are -- gasp -- NFL FANS!!!!?!?!?!?!

/sarcasm 

Meant entirely as a joke...

Started by amfootball Adam Schefter on the Patriots and their 'commodity' in Jimmy Garopplo

Started by HtownColt DeflateGate - Brady suspension expected

Started by King Colt Any Guesses On How the NFL Punishes Brady?

Started by Grigs build the lines plz A history of cheating

Started by amfootball Ex Dolphins assistant rips Ted Wells: "Not a good human being"

Started by Bones_Jones wellsreportcontext.com - pats declares WAR against wells/NFL

Started by CR91 Discussing the Patriots w/o Brady

Started by Dustin Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal

Started by pacolts56 AJ Feeley Claims Brady Was Cheating in 2004

Started by Restored New Survey Shows Tom Brady's Popularity Reaching Career Low

Started by esh318 May 19: Deflategate Song, to the tune of the Boxer

Started by ColtsBlueFL May 19: NFLPA filed Contempt of Court chargers vs. Goodell / NFL

Started by ColtsBlueFL May 19: NFLPA formally files for Goodell to recuse himself from Brady Appeal

Started by NewColtsFan NFL/Patriots Deflategate compromise UPDATE: Pats will not appeal

Started by \m/COLTS\m/ Revis on Brady/Deflategate

Started by BlueShoe Jimmy Garoppolo

Started by BlueShoe Brady suspended 4 games, Pats fined and docked two draft picks

Started by Gramz NFL Reject NFLPA Recusal Motion

Started by ColtsBlueFL Schefter saying NFL asked Pats to suspend McNally, Jastremski

Started by OffensivelyPC NFL.com adds asterisk next to Tom Brady's name

Started by BloodyChamp Joe cheated

Started by Jaric NFLPA investigating Patriots for potential CBA violation

Started by Bubbz The deflator

Started by BullsColtsFan1 Patriots sign QB Matt Flynn

Started by shakedownstreet Patriots' New Superbowl Rings Cause Fingers to Shrivel Up, Turn Black

Started by ColtsBlueFL The CBF Report-deflate science re-done Independently !

Started by Bad Morty Deflategate - - - merged pending appeal results

This is a bit skewed as well because the Patriots are currently the biggest news story around. Way to take a very small sampling were the biggest thing to talk about happens to be about your team and related topics. Some of them are just typical thread with did like signing a new player. Cmon now.

Another article written by the Lance Armstrong Sympathizer, yay.

lol..yeah it's preposterous to think that it's not rock solid science to say how much the balls deflated when you have no record of where they started or what gauge they were measured on.

lol..yeah it's preposterous to think that it's not rock solid science to say how much the balls deflated when you have no record of where they started or what gauge they were measured on.

How does the possibility that the footballs deflated even more than originally thought help the Patriots cause?

Also: https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/27/tom-brady-appeal-about-more-than-quarterback/ihhIAb6oJJdUrFS8V8w7uJ/story.html

So you can imagine DeSarno’s disappointment when he dug into the report by the American Enterprise Institute last week — the one that has been oft-cited by Patriots fans as the definitive debunking of the Wells Report — and discovered a fatal flaw.

The AEI scientists wrote that Ted Wells and Exponent used “an unorthodox statistical procedure at odds with the methodology the report describes.” On a whim, DeSarno decided to check AEI’s work. He plugged the football PSI data into a standard statistical analysis method — a mixed model, repeated measures analysis of variance, or ANOVA.

On his first try, DeSarno replicated Exponent’s results exactly.

“I totally expected to see that I couldn’t replicate the Wells Report, either,” DeSarno said. “But I was kind of surprised that once I ran my standard analysis method, it matched Wells exactly.

“The first model I tried, based on the usual model I use for this data, worked immediately. So I don’t know why [AEI] didn’t use that model.”

How does the possibility that the footballs deflated even more than originally thought help the Patriots cause?

Also: https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/27/tom-brady-appeal-about-more-than-quarterback/ihhIAb6oJJdUrFS8V8w7uJ/story.html

you may want to read DeSarno's entire analysis before you start touting it as evidence against the Pats. He's picking at one specific claim of the AEI report. But he also agrees that it's impossible to make conclusive claims on the deflation level of the footballs. We don't need a college degree to understand this.

1) No recorded beginning point

2) No recording of which gauge was used

3) Yet somehow we're being sold "conclusive" evidence on how much the balls deflated at halftime. That makes zero sense.

Whoa...

You mean to tell me that Colts fans are starting threads on a site meant for Colts fans??? I don't know how to feel about this...

Next, you're going to tell me that the majority of people who watch NFL Network are -- gasp -- NFL FANS!!!!?!?!?!?!

/sarcasm 

Meant entirely as a joke...

Since this is a thread where a lot of math is debated , can I throw in the fact that there are many more Colt fans than NE fans in this forum ? 

you may want to read DeSarno's entire analysis before you start touting it as evidence against the Pats. He's picking at one specific claim of the AEI report. But he also agrees that it's impossible to make conclusive claims on the deflation level of the footballs. We don't need a college degree to understand this.

3) Yet somehow we're being sold "conclusive" evidence on how much the balls deflated at halftime. That makes zero sense.

So you can pick at the Wells report, but DeSarno's picking at the AEI report won't stop you from using it as "proof" that the Wells report isn't legitimate... right...

As for the recorded beginning point, we either have to accept that the refs measured the footballs prior to the game and they were at least 12.5 PSI, or they measured them and they were more than 12.5 PSI (which means they lost even more pressure than we're assuming, which further debunks the IGL theory), or we're going to say that the refs didn't measure the footballs before the game and/or the footballs were not at least 12.5 PSI.

And this is where Occam's razor takes hold. The simplest explanation is that the refs measured the footballs prior to the game, and they were all at least 12.5 PSI. 

No matter what report you chose to believe it still don't explain the differences between the Colts and the Patriots footballs. Both sets were outside in the elements. But common sense questions like this one are refused to be acknowledged.

True we don't know which gauge Anderson used pre game.  But we know 11 Patriots and 4 Colts balls were measured at halftime using both gauges.  My own calculations  show 7 or 8 (borderline) balls out of compliance on one gauge, and 2 or possibly 3 (borderline) out of compliance on the other.  For the Colts Balls, none out of compliance on one gauge, and 3 legal on the other, with one borderline (like on Pat's ball was). In all cases, the % drop from stated startng point (12.5 for Pats, 13 for Colts) was markedly highe on the Pats balls, both gauges, compared to the Colts balls.  Wells report and my Calcs.  This has to be conclusively explained and proven via testing before total debunking of the report can take place.  You can't throw the baby out with the bath water...

No matter what report you chose to believe it still don't explain the differences between the Colts and the Patriots footballs. Both sets were outside in the elements. But common sense questions like this one are refused to be acknowledged.

we already know what happened there...the Colts balls re-pressurized at halftime in the warm room before they were measured. As for Superman's claim that Occam's Razor is an excuse to take the refs recollection of the beginning measurements as legit, that is ridiculous. If we're taking the ref's recollection on the pressure readings, then don't we also have to take their recollection that they used the logo gauge, in which case the evidence of deflation falls apart.

All it would have taken would have been for several of the pats balls to have been 12.3 instead of 12.5 at the beginning and even the non-logo gauge evidence falls apart. Remember - using the non-logo gauge, 3 balls were still over the 11.3 threshold and another half dozen were in the 11.1 range. That's pretty damn close to just "accept" the unofficial claim that the balls were all "around 12.5" at the outset.

How was it unrelated and condescending? I assure you that was not my intent and if somehow was taken that way than I apologize.

I think it is your none stop insistence that you are correct while your attitude shows you have no regard for others claims. You have made several comment like "anyone in their right minds". or "anyone with a half of brain". ect...ect...  All because they don't agree with you. Then when someone (like me) falls into that mind frame and sends a pun back to you, you whine about it. Just remember the old saying, while pointing a finger at someone there are three pointing back at yourself. Thus comes in my comment about when this is over would it be possible to let it go without the none stop "bleep"

How was it unrelated and condescending? I assure you that was not my intent and if somehow was taken that way than I apologize.

In answer to your question......this

I get how lousy it is to not only lose the title game but then have a controversy surround it. 

and then taking yet another opportunity to go on about the league

We're not feeling sorry for ourselves and we're not sorry about the investigation and we don't dislike the NFL for it.

Pretty much that's it.  

You mean to say that Colt fans start threads in a Colts forum?? Dumbfounding isn't it.

See, this is unbelievable. We have Colts fans sitting here trying to make the claim that Patriots fans are coming to this site just to 'spew garbage' and start threads about their team...then when they are shown that THEY are the ones who are starting all the threads about the Patriots, it's all 'Oh imagine that, colts fans starting threads on a colts forum.'

All the while you guys can't quite figure out why Patriot regulars have the audacity to post in threads about their team...as you said, 'Imagine that!'

We get it, this is a Colts forum. But holy spit do you guys want things both ways!!! You'll complain about Patriots fans posting, then you'll go ahead and start thread after thread after thread after thread about the Patriots, then you'll complain all over again about Patriots fans posting in them! It's legitimately insane how some of you can follow that circle and not get dizzy.

It is on a forum which is about opinions and information sharing ...

That doesn't mean you are entitled to share any and every opinion you have whenever you please. If I were to start a thread on spygate and how it is unfair that the pats titles have not been stripped yet, you would probably * and moan and it would get shut down. There is a time and place for everything and beating a dead horse once it is all said and done is one thing you are not entitled to.

See, this is unbelievable. We have Colts fans sitting here trying to make the claim that Patriots fans are coming to this site just to 'spew garbage' and start threads about their team...then when they are shown that THEY are the ones who are starting all the threads about the Patriots, it's all 'Oh imagine that, colts fans starting threads on a colts forum.'

All the while you guys can't quite figure out why Patriot regulars have the audacity to post in threads about their team...as you said, 'Imagine that!'

We get it, this is a Colts forum. But holy spit do you guys want things both ways!!! You'll complain about Patriots fans posting, then you'll go ahead and start thread after thread after thread after thread about the Patriots, then you'll complain all over again about Patriots fans posting in them! It's legitimately insane how some of you can follow that circle and not get dizzy.

I think it's more of the fact that they distort, make up, and misrepresent facts and cry and whine when no one accepts it

I think it is your none stop insistence that you are correct while your attitude shows you have no regard for others claims. You have made several comment like "anyone in their right minds". or "anyone with a half of brain". ect...ect... All because they don't agree with you.

Wait a second wait a second...please tell me you are joking with this.

All you guys have done since day one is ignore others claims or opinions just because you have a different one. You must not have read any of the 'What's in the water up there' comments or the 'You all must have a low i.q.' comments thrown in our direction of you honestly could post that with a straight face.

The fact is, none of us know the truth about what happened. Not you, not me, none of us. But some of you guys have been just as forceful in claiming your opinion as fact as those you are condemning. All Patriots fans have done is try and present other possibilities to explain what the Wells Report failed to conclude. You are the ones refusing to acknowledge other opinions if they don't align with yours.

I honestly can't tell if you are just screwing with us now...because if you don't think the exact same thing that you've been hating about us is going on on your side as much if not more, well then there's nothing else to be said.

All you guys have done since day one is ignore others claims or opinions just because you have a different one. You must not have read any of the 'What's in the water up there' comments or the 'You all must have a low i.q.' comments thrown in our direction of you honestly could post that with a straight face.

The fact is, none of us know the truth about what happened. Not you, not me, none of us. But some of you guys have been just as forceful in claiming your opinion as fact as those you are condemning. All Patriots fans have done is try and present other possibilities to explain what the Wells Report failed to conclude. You are the ones refusing to acknowledge other opinions if they don't align with yours.

I honestly can't tell if you are just screwing with us now...because if you don't think the exact same thing that you've been hating about us is going on on your side as much if not more, well then there's nothing else to be said.

then why were those 2 guys suspended, huh???

That doesn't mean you are entitled to share any and every opinion you have whenever you please.

Actually, it does. There are no site rules that say anything close to what you are claiming. Conversely, YOU are 100% entitled to ignore her posts and move on.

Alright. Alright. I confess. It was ColtSense in the Library with the lead pipe.

we already know what happened there...the Colts balls re-pressurized at halftime in the warm room before they were measured. As for Superman's claim that Occam's Razor is an excuse to take the refs recollection of the beginning measurements as legit, that is ridiculous. If we're taking the ref's recollection on the pressure readings, then don't we also have to take their recollection that they used the logo gauge, in which case the evidence of deflation falls apart.

All it would have taken would have been for several of the pats balls to have been 12.3 instead of 12.5 at the beginning and even the non-logo gauge evidence falls apart. Remember - using the non-logo gauge, 3 balls were still over the 11.3 threshold and another half dozen were in the 11.1 range. That's pretty damn close to just "accept" the unofficial claim that the balls were all "around 12.5" at the outset.

So we have all this reporting from refs that paints a picture of refs being more likely to over-inflate footballs at pre-game inspection than to let balls through below specs, yet you're hanging your argument on the idea that the Patriots footballs were actually under-inflated prior to the game...

I'm not sure you know what Occam's razor is.

We have Colts fans sitting here trying to make the claim that Patriots fans are coming to this site just to 'spew garbage' and start threads about their team...then when they are shown that THEY are the ones who are starting all the threads about the Patriots

The word "all" is false.

But setting that aside, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. There are Pats fans who come here for nothing other than to argue about Deflategate, and there are Colts fans who start threads about Deflategate (just like there are fans of other teams on other boards who start fans about Deflategate, because it's where they post about NFL news...)

So what? It's a Colts forum. Yes it is a Colts forum and we do want it two ways! It's not a point of Patriot fans posting or making comments it's the non stop arguing that you pass off as debate. The pre-determined comments just to cause negative vibes in this thread is real no matter what you chose to believe. No matter what point any Colt fans have to say about the Patriots it's like the fight is on. Then when a pun is sent to a Patriot fan most want to yell "look!" I told you it's a hate thing. Look at my rings. Look at the score of the AFC championship game. Look at how great our coach is. Brady is above making a human error. On and on none stop digs. These are things you would expect in a Patriot forum as should be expected, not a Colt forum. There are a few Patriot fans who enter this forum just to stir the pot so to say. Just to get a rise out of a Colt fan and then sit back and do a little gloating. Why this is I will never know. I have no desire to enter another teams forum and cause negativity. Having an open forum is a great thing if it is used correctly. Not used in the manner that some use it.

{snipped}

Wow.  Just that easy, right?  Ever think why it didn't happen that way?  1.  When Grigs alerted the NFL, it was via email.  There was no proof submitted, just a complaint and a follow up complaint via email from Sean Sullivan; Colts equipment mgr..  The NFL gets gets complaints all of the time.  So the NFL (Dean Blandino) told Walt Anderson to make sure that all balls were between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI.  They are supposed to do that anyway.  Grigson's email was not referenced. Now when my boss comes to me and asks me to make sure to perform a function that is a natural function of my job anyway, you better believe I'm going to follow through as I feel they might check at some point or they would never have asked.  Now the NFL thinks, problem solved.  All balls will be 12.5 to 13.5 marked as such, and life is good.  At no time, ever, has a Ref been asked to record pregame pressures of the game balls, just make sure they're right, mark them approved, and put back into the bag.  At this point, only hi jinx and shenanigans can mess with the pressure of those balls.  Enter the Deflator McNally, to steal the balls all alone well before he was supposed to take the balls along with official escort to the field. Refs panicked when they couldn't find them.  Richard Farley, NFL Security, was even approaching the field with the backup balls.  (too bad those weren't used, in retrospect). Then they appeared on the sidelines, with McNally.  In the game, DQwell intercepts and immediately Sean Sullivan tests this one.  It's 10.5 (reportedly) and he calls up to Grigson.  Grigson rings up the NFL in attendance and complains.

The NFL is flabbergasted how this could happen, so they decide to have backup refs test all balls at halftime and see what is up.  When much lower numbers for Pats balls than Colts Balls is apparent, they investigate after the game. First, they ask McNally why he took the balls.  He says he doesn't know why he did it without an escort. McNally said he went straight to the field with them (1/18/15).  After video shows he went into a bathroom, he says he used a fixture that isn't even installed.  And more  and more...

So the NFL is just supposed to say, OK, that explains it all.  No harm, no foul. Lets just fine the Pats 25k and move on.  {Groan}

And you pass it off like 'poor little Colts fans, if the NFL would have just let it go and treated it like a minor equipment violation, , this would all be past and not even an issue. Goodell is a bad, bad man trying to pin this on Brady and the Pats and dragging the Colts and all NFL fans through the muck all along in the process.' Incredible.

I wonder what new rules changes and protocols.are making the NFL create for next season