Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One Draft that could really help the Colts this Year....

....  is the 2013 draft.    If we start getting performance from the 4 players left from that draft,  that would give the 2015 a real shot in the arm of much needed talent...

-- Bjorn Werner...

-- Hugh Thornton...

-- Khalid Holmes...

-- Montori Hughes...

If the Colts can just get solid play from these guys....  good play from these guys....  if we can start to call them average contributors,  the 2015 Colts will be a much better team.    But right now, all are below average players.    This is year 3 for all of them.   They should know what it takes to be a professional,  how to deal with nagging injuries,   how to grind out a long season.    All they've got to do is be solid average players and the Colts will be better.

If only............

thornton and werner have had plenty of chances.  i dont think we have seen werners ceiling, but we may never see it either.  i think he will get a little bit better, but i dont expect him to ever sniff a pro bowl or anything.

thornton just isnt very good.  he can handle a few snaps at guard, sure, but if we need to rely on him for any extended time period the line is going to struggle.

i pretty much agree with nobody about the others.  they can both contribute with holmes possibly starting

.... is the 2013 draft. If we start getting performance from the 4 players left from that draft, that would give the 2015 a real shot in the arm of much needed talent...

-- Bjorn Werner...

-- Hugh Thornton...

-- Khalid Holmes...

-- Montori Hughes...

If the Colts can just get solid play from these guys.... good play from these guys.... if we can start to call them average contributors, the 2015 Colts will be a much better team. But right now, all are below average players. This is year 3 for all of them. They should know what it takes to be a professional, how to deal with nagging injuries, how to grind out a long season. All they've got to do is be solid average players and the Colts will be better.

If only............

Just started same post sorry.

I think the key to the class is Holmes he HAS to stay healthy and be our C all season.

If not Harrison will get his shot. I think a year under his belt less thinking and just playing could really help. I don't want to go another year with a problem at C. Hopefully one of these guys steps up. My money's on Harrison can't trust Holmes.

Werner seemed to take a step last yr was just a tick away from making "the play" early in the year then tapered off. He's never going to be Mathis but I think he can contribute and expect him to show sustained improvement this year.

Hughes had to deal with a tragedy I couldn't imagine last year. I think he provides some good rotational help at the least maybe breaks out this year. Of the three I think he will show the most improvement.

Thorton has to step it up. We are loadrd with interior lineman could be a career back up. It's an important year for him for him fighting to make the roster first then maybe can push to see the field.

I think Bjoern Werner can be a very good player. His ceiling is Paul Kruger. 

Werner'r second season was a VAST improvement from his rookie year. I expect further improvement this season. I think he can be a 6 to 8 sack player for us, while providing solid run support. 

As the tread states the players are going into their third year this will be a make or break season for all of them to see if they fit the colts system on offense and defense, IMO they all need massive improvements over last year and if it is true Bjoern has not been to any off season activities unless he is training somewhere else then this is a disapointment

Hughes will play good and get the majority of snaps at NT in the 3-4, and get a lot of snaps at DT in our 4-2 because of his rush abilities.
 Werner will play a solid game and start.
 Holmes should start and anchor nicely.
 Thornton plays like he lacks strength, and awareness. Things that he can improve on. I hope he does.
 These guys will be good for us going forward.

With upgraded defensive personnel this year it wouldn't surprise me that Bjoern did better than last year.  He should have more opportunities for one on one match ups and he should be more well versed in the defense.

Thornton was proving to be a good guard last year then poor center play when they switched to Harrison made fans think Thornton wasn't playing well and then when they made the switch back to Shipley and then to Holmes Thornton got injured.

Werner needs better field awareness and I'm don't think that is something that can improve significantly, it will improve some but it's not like Madden where you draft that guy in the 7th round with top attributes in every category except he has 46 awareness and after three years of starting he's in the 90's.  You can either follow the action as it's happening or you can't, IMO.

I like the rotation of Hughes and Chapman at NT, assuming Hughes can stay healthy.

Holmes showed to be a very good center last year.  Of course there are injury concerns with him but if he trains at Lecharles Bentley's academy again this offseason, I think that will help a lot because Bentley works on everything with his lineman, including health and diet.

The only one of those guys who I expect to start and to be a good starter is Holmes. I think Holmes will solidify our line this year and finally give us some stability. Hughes I see as a pretty good backup/rotational DT, but I think he does have the ability to be a really good starting NT, but who knows. At worst he's a decent backup. Werner is what he is IMO. We basically got an Erik Walden type OLB in the 1st round. Yeah we need a guy like him sure, but I mean he's never going to put up big sack numbers IMO. He'll be a good backup. And I don't even know if Thornton's a backup. I hated the pick when we made it and I hate it even more now. I'd rather Heenan and Thomas make the roster over him. At best he's a backup. Just not a fan of him at all.