Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne On The Nfl Network

oldunclemark

before the game..Reggie told Deion Sanders that he'd be coming by the announce table after the game.

..but then none of them predicted the Colts to win (which is the only way Reggie gets to come by)

..afterwards.,.they were all pretending they loved him..

Deion seemed to be sure that reggie is gone from Indy after this season...

but I thought I heard Reggie say he'd like to stay 2 more years..

Irasy said he'd 'take care of him'

I think you can watch it at NFL.com

Peyton comes back Reggie Wayne might very well come back. We don't have another number one WR on this roster and if we use that high draft pick on a QB or another poistion other than WR this year the Colts could very well bring back Wayne. We'll see what happens. He's one of the many many unanswered questions going into the off-season.

Does anyone feel like Deion hates the Colts? I never heard him say something good about us.

He never got over being run down by Hunter the Punter. To make it worse this happened after Deon boasted in a T.V. interview, "If I ever see the whites of a punter's eyes...it's time to close up SHOOOOOP!"

:lol:

I also remember Peyton and Marvin Harrison burning him deep on a long touchdown pass in the same game.

So yeah...he kinda hates our guys. :D

He never got over being run down by Hunter the Punter. To make it worse this happened after Deon boasted in a T.V. interview, "If I ever see the whites of a punter's eyes...it's time to close up SHOOOOOP!"

I also remember Peyton and Marvin Harrison burning him deep on a long touchdown pass in the same game.

He kept ticking me off a little bit. Boasting how this is reggie's last game. He doesnt know!

He kept ticking me off a little bit. Boasting how this is reggie's last game. He doesnt know!

He just had to keep drilling on the fact they let a few players go. When Rich was talking to Marshall and said "You started your fine career in this city Marshall". Deion butted, dont forget they let you go though. Like really? Deion just :shout::flaming: ah i can't stand him.

He just had to keep drilling on the fact they let a few players go. When Rich was talking to Marshall and said "You started your fine career in this city Marshall". Deion butted, dont forget they let you go though. Like really? Deion just hush. :mad:

Well I hate to tell Mr. Sanders who is trying to stir up trouble we didn't let Faulk go we traded Faulk because he wanted a trade.

Would love Wayne to stay. Had a slightly underwhelming season but that's to be expected with these crap QB's we keep wheeling out.

Wayne can still make big plays and is the only true #1 receiver at this franchise.

I hope that last night's win MAY tempt him to stay - but I don't think it will.

Reggie was tremendous. I can't stand Sanders most of the time. His most obnoxious comment last night was after the Irsay interview. Jim was basically trying to demonstrate that money wasn't an issue by pointing out that he paid $26 mil for nothing last year - the clear insinuation in my mind being that if he was willing to do that (knowing that there was a problem), why would he balk at $28 mil for next year? The context of the interview was ALL about the unique value that Peyton brings to the franchise, and how he isn't going anywhere as long as he can play.

Sanders jumped on that and twisted the meaning entirely, attempting to say that Irsay meant that since he spent the money this year he would NOT next year. It made no sense whatsoever, he was just trying to support his ^fool^ic position. ^fool^ic being the key word. He may simply have failed to comprehend what was said.

But yes, he does seem to enjoy predicting the Colts demise for some reason. He prefers "his" players - ie: egotistical showboats who emulate his self aggrandizing and destructive behavior.

Reggie gave a great interview. He's a team leader and has been incredibly steady for the Colts. He's got at least a couple of productive years left......and I hope it's with us as long as it doesn't break the bank. If he doesn't return, we'll be short on offensive leaders if Saturday and/or Manning (God forbid) don't come back or somehow have limited roles.

Yeah he gave a good interview at the end. I wasn't too impressed with his attitude going into the game though; he seems like one of those guys who is positive if you're winning, but watch out if you're losing.

Actually in local interviews he was supportive of Collins and Painter when they were playing. He has a GREAT attitude.

Reggie was tremendous. I can't stand Sanders most of the time. His most obnoxious comment last night was after the Irsay interview. Jim was basically trying to demonstrate that money wasn't an issue by pointing out that he paid $26 mil for nothing last year - the clear insinuation in my mind being that if he was willing to do that (knowing that there was a problem), why would he balk at $28 mil for next year? The context of the interview was ALL about the unique value that Peyton brings to the franchise, and how he isn't going anywhere as long as he can play.

Sanders jumped on that and twisted the meaning entirely, attempting to say that Irsay meant that since he spent the money this year he would NOT next year. It made no sense whatsoever, he was just trying to support his ^fool^ic position. ^fool^ic being the key word. He may simply have failed to comprehend what was said.

But yes, he does seem to enjoy predicting the Colts demise for some reason. He prefers "his" players - ie: egotistical showboats who emulate his self aggrandizing and destructive behavior.

Correctomundie, oh wise and astute sage....

Well I hate to tell Mr. Sanders who is trying to stir up trouble we didn't let Faulk go we traded Faulk because he wanted a trade.

That is correct. And Edgerinn left because his Richard Noggin agent back doored Polian. Polian thought the deal was done, then up pops Arizona with a few hundred thousand more on a multimillion dollar contract that the Colts had offered.

I would like to keep Wayne, but would also understand if we had to let him walk. I imagine he will only ask for 2-3 years, will lobby to keep Peyton (and vice versa), and won't demand a poop-load of money. That doesn't seem unreasonable, but we also have Garcon, Mathis, Gonzo, Saturday, Brackett, Brown, Clark, and The Man himself to consider. Not to mention Freeney is due $12 million and only has 1 year left on his deal, and this could possibly be the most expensive draft we've witnessed for the Colts.

*NOTE: I mentioned Clark and Brackett because we may have to seriously consider restructuring their deals. Frequent injuries, age, etc., are all starting to keep them out of productive places for far too long.

The best thing was when they actually showed the clip to him yesterday and he made an excuse. Everyone was like "Deion, the punter ran you down?" and his only response was "I was chasing Marvin Harrison around all game". So in other words, he was getting beat by Marvin every play and was chasing him all game?

Yeah I saw it. Reggie made for a great interview. I couldn't help but laugh when he said that "Collins couldn't...you know...get the ball out of his hand in time."

That was funny...CS.

He didnt want to say it...but he did..

He soundslike he wants to stay..of course..but he's guarding himself in case he HAS to go...in a contract dispute

I liked the part where he said that the fans have made him an honorary Hoosier.

At some points, it looked like Reggie Wayne was about ready to break down in tears. He was hanging his head a lot, his eyes seem kinda glazed and shifty, his speech was slowed a bit as he was lost in thought, and he kind of rambled on a bit as if he was reminiscing. He also no doubt heard the praise of the fans shouting, "REGGIE! REGGIE!"

At some points, it looked like Reggie Wayne was about ready to break down in tears. He was hanging his head a lot, his eyes seem kinda glazed and shifty, his speech was slowed a bit, and he kind of rambled on a bit as if he was reminiscing. He also no doubt heard the praise of the fans shouting, "REGGIE! REGGIE!"

Great moment.... I didnt expect it....to see him walking through the crowd...

I thought Thursday night might be a nightmare....like NOLA....

But it was a lasting memory...very dramatic

I freaking love Reggie Wayne!!!

Some people have been saying he's been acting a little bit like a diva, but I think he's just been frustrated by our sub par play. I see a lot of quality players on our team, we've just had horrible quarterback play most of the season. Collins was a mistake, he had no pocket presence and was just in general ready to hang it up and sing country songs. Painter was an experiment that I think could have worked out alright with better schemes offensively and defensively, but ultimately failed. 'The Big O' has been better than I thought and I would not mind having him here as a backup or third stringer next year.

I think we can resign Reggie for a good 4 mil per year for the next three years. Hopefully he takes a cap friendly deal like that.....we could use him.

Does anyone feel like Deion hates the Colts? I never heard him say something good about us.

He's mad because Manning took his lunch money when he was schlepping around as the Ravens nickel back at the end of his career.

Which was awesome. I can't stand Deion and I can't stand the Ravens. So yeah, that was a good day.

He's mad because Manning took his lunch money when he was schlepping around as the Ravens nickel back at the end of his career.

Which was awesome. I can't stand Deion and I can't stand the Ravens. So yeah, that was a good day.

Deion is a f**king joke.

All he does is whining. Remember when they selected him as the 34th best player overall and he started crying.

Of course he hates Manning because Manning gives his girl friend brady nightmares.

That was funny...CS.

He didnt want to say it...but he did..

He soundslike he wants to stay..of course..but he's guarding himself in case he HAS to go...in a contract dispute

I liked the part where he said that the fans have made him an honorary Hoosier.

Hey,what's up Unc?! You know...I think "CS" is actually ColtsSouth's nickname. LOL However, you can call me CM if you want. :P

If this was Reggie's last game here that is the way to go out. I wish Marvin could have had a similar send off. We will see what happens in the offseason...so many critical decisions to be made. If Peyton is good for next year then I am sure he will lobby to try and keep Reggie around. But I think Mathis might be more important. Don't know if we can keep both.

Hey,what's up Unc?! You know...I think "CS" is actually ColtsSouth's nickname. LOL However, you can call me CM if you want. :P

If this was Reggie's last game here that is the way to go out. I wish Marvin could have had a similar send off. We will see what happens in the offseason...so many critical decisions to be made. If Peyton is good for next year then I am sure he will lobby to try and keep Reggie around. But I think Mathis might be more important. Don't know if we can keep both.

My apologies to you CM..and to CS.....

I'll just stick yo being OUM...nobody else wants that...

Am I right in that Peyton's contract decreases in the next 4 years...$28 mil, 25 mil....down to $10 mil in the final year..

....Since he didnt play....he might be willing to flip his contract....and take the $10 mil now so Reggie and Mathis can resign.

I think Saturday stays if Peyton manning stays..and Saturday is not a $10 mil guy...

..and with the new agreement./.No. 1draft choices dont cost much...