Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Angerer will have a break out year

DILLIGAFER

I was happy with what I saw from this guy last year. I think we will see big things from him this season. I don't know about the rest of colts fans, but I saw a little of Urlacher in this guy. I don't know if he'll ever be as good, but i saw intelligence, speed, strength, and desire*. Emphasis on desire. He looks like he wants to get better and work to do it. I predict big things from Angerer this year.

I think he'll have a better year than last year because of more starting time, but I don't think it will be his breakout year. I'm calling it right now, he gets his 1st interception and 1st sack next year.

I was happy with what I saw from this guy last year. I think we will see big things from him this season. I don't know about the rest of colts fans, but I saw a little of Urlacher in this guy. I don't know if he'll ever be as good, but i saw intelligence, speed, strength, and desire*. Emphasis on desire. He looks like he wants to get better and work to do it. I predict big things from Angerer this year.

KILLER work ethic to compliment that desire. Great combination ought to carry him far....including this season. Year one he had 88 combined tackles, 1 sack, 2 passes defensed. I say all of those numbers go up, most particularly tackles where he'll easily top 100.

KILLER work ethic to compliment that desire. Great combination ought to carry him far....including this season. Year one he had 88 combined tackles, 1 sack, 2 passes defensed. I say all of those numbers go up, most particularly tackles where he'll easily top 100.

Yep, not bad considering he started 11 games and was at the SSLB for most of his playing time.

• 2 months later...

Four weeks into the season and what a distant memory Clint Session and his JAX 30M is. Angerer and Conner are the #1 and #2 tacklers in the league, respectively, and they're doing it with authority. Wanted to bring this conversation back to life as to not duplicate & look at least one bright spot (LB play) evolving this year.

Thanks for bumping it back up. I really had a good feeling from Angerer. I'm extremely happy he broke out this year and is laying it down with authority!

Yep, he's da man. I'm startin' to get Duanne Bickett flashbacks.

(as a side....killed another doe & couldn't quite get the drop on a buck that stepped out for all of 1.5 sec. last time we went....friend clean missed one with a nice 6pt basket. Hard to believe but we're already coming into the rut. Best wishes for ya on Monday)

Yep, he's da man. I'm startin' to get Duanne Bickett flashbacks.

(as a side....killed another doe & couldn't quite get the drop on a buck that stepped out for all of 1.5 sec. last time we went....friend clean missed one with a nice 6pt basket. Hard to believe but we're already coming into the rut. Best wishes for ya on Monday)

He's more a Jeff Herrod (size and style)

Lots to like about Pat but he's a little smaller than the ideal and it shows on his tackling (he gets dragged along sometimes) and he can't cover worth a darn (yet?). He has a ways to go but to his credit he gets to the ball as well as anyone we've ever had.

Thing is, he's still evolving and I'd expect he'll continue to get better in coverage including this year. Offset with multiple other team deficiencies and he's had a whale of first quarter of the season....all at almost 30M discount. Lovin' the improvement. Can't kill this buzz.

Thing is, he's still evolving and I'd expect he'll continue to get better in coverage including this year. Offset with multiple other team deficiencies and he's had a whale of first quarter of the season....all at almost 30M discount. Lovin' the improvement. Can't kill this buzz.

I don't know listen to some talk around here leading the NFL in tackling is a bad thing...

He's more a Jeff Herrod (size and style)

I'm talkin' production. Bickett was by far the best Indy era LB (not to derail into side discussion) so that's who I think of first. Awesome to see Angerer in on everything including backfield stops on RBs. How many 6'6" LBs (or close to it as I recall) have the Colts ever had, haha.

Edited by everybodysgotone

Ted Hendricks

I said - - Indy era. Trying to keep it somewhat relevant for the mostly newer era fans this board has. So we've had two LBs about the same physical stature in the past 38 years....one of them, the last year he played as a Colt was '73.

Who cares. The LB group is much improved and that's what matters.

i doubt he will be anything close to an Urlacher, BUT he will be one of the best MLB's the colts have ever had.. he's a sure tackler knows what to do, they just need to put him in the right place to make plays and he'll make it.

Angerer is a little undersized but he has heart and you can not measure heart. I like the way he shoots the gaps on runs, also I didn't see him get washed out of to many plays by O linemen and that is the standard of a good Linebacker. To be able to stand your ground on run plays. Angerer will do big things for this team. Time will show that.

When you have the top 2 tacklers in the NFL you know your defense is on the field way too much. That being said I've been very impressed with Angerer and Conner.

and I agree with that view of the defense. Like I said in the other thread about this, just because the defense is palying poorly as a whole doesn't mean that Angerer and Conner still aren't playing well. The scheme isn't very good but with that said Angerer and Conner are doing just what they are asked to do in that scheme and doing a darn good job of it.

and I agree with that view of the defense. Like I said in the other thread about this, just because the defense is palying poorly as a whole doesn't mean that Angerer and Conner still aren't playing well. The scheme isn't very good but with that said Angerer and Conner are doing just what they are asked to do in that scheme and doing a darn good job of it.

Indeed, I agree.

Edited by ColtsLegacy

still annoyed by the down the middle play 8 times in a row where Angerer was 10 from the line. Don't know if it was hes fault though but those play made me sad.

That was because of the coverage that was called, not because Angerer did anything wrong. :)