Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins won't answer questions about Dion Jordan

Superman

Jordan is referred to as "A thin-framed pass rusher without an NFL position".

He is 6'6"/275...not strong enough for a 34 DE...not agile/quick enough for a 34 OLB.

The only position he can play is 43 DE as a pass rusher.

I don't see how the Colts would use him.

Jordan is referred to as "A thin-framed pass rusher without an NFL position".

He is 6'6"/275...not strong enough for a 34 DE...not agile/quick enough for a 34 OLB.

The only position he can play is 43 DE as a pass rusher.

I don't see how the Colts would use him.

Yeah, no. He excels in space and his ideal position is a 34 OLB.

He won't make through waivers so i would give this 4th because he isn't going back to Miami. The problem is that Chip K. is gonna try to get him i think he is willing to give a 2-3 to get him.

I think with Coleman and Mathis we got a strong locker room to teach him  about being a pro, that would be a medium risk - high reward, Werner isn't a stud but he is serviceable so i wouldn't trade him.

I wouldn't want to trade Werner for Jordan, primarily because he's a failed test away from missing an entire season.

I hear you, but you have to look at what is was for, too. He said adderall (sp?) and the league didn't refute that. He also put on like 35 lbs. in one year, so you have to question roids. The former can be addictive, but the latter would have been because they forced him into an unnatural position.

I hear you, but you have to look at what is was for, too. He said adderall (sp?) and the league didn't refute that. He also put on like 35 lbs. in one year, so you have to question roids. The former can be addictive, but the latter would have been because they forced him into an unnatural position.

I'm not throwing a fit because he may have used PEDs. I'm one of those who thinks the whole PED thing has been overblown and misunderstood. 

My objection is that, if he fails another test, he's out. It's simple availability. Their damaged goods are far more damaged than our damaged goods. I don't even think Werner is damaged; he's just not a good pass rusher, but he can play. I don't know that Jordan can play at all.

I'm not throwing a fit because he may have used PEDs. I'm one of those who thinks the whole PED thing has been overblown and misunderstood.

My objection is that, if he fails another test, he's out. It's simple availability. Their damaged goods are far more damaged than our damaged goods. I don't even think Werner is damaged; he's just not a good pass rusher, but he can play. I don't know that Jordan can play at all.

Right, I'm saying my caution level as an organization would adjust based on which drug was used, and why. If it were recreational, to me that's a bigger problem because of the addiction factor. That's all.

Take Werner, a 5th, and a Ham sandwich! Please Miami! :worthy:  :thanks:

Other way around. Werner has shown the ability to be a productive player...even showing up being a part of that..whereas Jordan has shown nothing.

Werner for Jordan and Miami's 4th....that's based on Jordan even being worth having on your team at all.

Other way around. Werner has shown the ability to be a productive player...even showing up being a part of that..whereas Jordan has shown nothing.Werner for Jordan and Miami's 4th....that's based on Jordan even being worth having on your team at all.

I don't know Jack about Jordan except he's suppose to be fast.

But Werner was a healthy scratch in the biggest game of year last season.

Right, I'm saying my caution level as an organization would adjust based on which drug was used, and why. If it were recreational, to me that's a bigger problem because of the addiction factor. That's all.

Neither Adderall (amphetamines) nor Anabolic Steroids are taken for recreational use.  Amphetamines are a type of central nervous system stimulant. They provide a sense of increased wakefulness, energy, attention, concentration, sociability, self-confidence, improved mood, and decreased appetite. Football players take Adderall for increased focus, which leads to higher performance.  And that loss of appetite and weight loss,which seems to counter the weight gain that was noted. Adderall is on the list of Banned (Prohibited) substances under

Section III   Stimulants.

And the NFL uses the punishment schedule for it that is the same as for any Steroid policy (PED) use, and not along the lines of Drug policy (recreational) drug abuse.

On another note, the player can fail a test on the banned list.  The player can disclose the substance of abuse (lying or not), the league cannot, I believe, because of HIPAA laws. Some medical privacy for players is not just allowed, but mandated. And the league cannot disclose the true details of the results of a medical test.  Just a pass / Fail. Noe the Injury report is one thing... test results are another.  Now a player can, or his doctor under the OK of the player. 

Here's the flowchart on Covered Entities.  Someone will find a way to spin the unique situation of the NFL and it league and team physicians  and try to deny its need for compliance, though.

http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/HIPAA-Administrative-Simplification/HIPAAGenInfo/Downloads/CoveredEntitycharts.pdf

Neither Adderall (amphetamines) nor Anabolic Steroids are taken for recreational use.  Amphetamines are a type of central nervous system stimulant. They provide a sense of increased wakefulness, energy, attention, concentration, sociability, self-confidence, improved mood, and decreased appetite. Football players take Adderall for increased focus, which leads to higher performance.  And that loss of appetite and weight loss,which seems to counter the weight gain that was noted. Adderall is on the list of Banned (Prohibited) substances under

Section III   Stimulants.

And the NFL uses the punishment schedule for it that is the same as for any Steroid policy (PED) use, and not along the lines of Drug policy (recreational) drug abuse.

On another note, the player can fail a test on the banned list.  The player can disclose the substance of abuse (lying or not), the league cannot, I believe, because of HIPAA laws. Some medical privacy for players is not just allowed, but mandated. And the league cannot disclose the true details of the results of a medical test.  Just a pass / Fail. Noe the Injury report is one thing... test results are another.  Now a player can, or his doctor under the OK of the player. 

To add to this, Adderall can be addictive, or at least lead to dependency and abusive use.

To add to this, Adderall can be addictive, or at least lead to dependency and abusive use.

Exactly!  And that can be very bad for atletes, college student overachievers, and others-

"After long-term abuse, your body depends on Adderall for normal function and trying to discontinue the drug can result in withdrawal symptoms including panic, suicidal thoughts and nightmares.

Adderall abuse also has potential long-term consequences.

For some people, it increases the likelihood of other addictions (for instance, to methamphetamine) in the future.

Symptoms caused by Adderall abuse (including psychosis such as schizophrenia or paranoia) can persist long after the use of the drug has stopped."

So weird that many thought it was also another 'safe' alternative to cocaine as well.

Neither Adderall (amphetamines) nor Anabolic Steroids are taken for recreational use. /quote]

Amphetamines aren't taken for recreational use? Um, no.

Well,overall you're right,  I admit I was going by most NFL player use. It's a performance and focus enhancer typically used by NFL players. And out in the world, the 'Molly' , not Adderall, seems to be the amphetamine of choice.  Adderrall is the choice of college students for studying and focus too.

Well,overall you're right, I admit I was going by most NFL player use. It's a performance and focus enhancer typically used by NFL players. And out in the world, the 'Molly' , not Adderall, seems to be the amphetamine of choice. Adderrall is the choice of college students for studying and focus too.

Yeah, I said that because I've taken adderrall a handful of times recreationally a handful of times. But I agree, it's more common for athletes to use it with more purpose.