Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With The #3 Pick In The Draft, I Hope The Colts Pick...

unitaswestand

If we don't have the 1st pick, I think a wr is the best choice. Even if 87 doesn't leave this year, it's coming, and I don't see a replacement #1 receiver on the roster right now. Garcon drops way too many passes so far as I'm concerned. Collie is more of a possession receiver, and after that, who's there? I would love to have Luck, but I think Jones from OU is a possible nice selection in the 2nd round. But I really feel the Colts have to find an 87 replacement.

After listening to Polian on 1070 this afternoon I think it's going to be Morris Claiborne if we don't get Luck. Monday he talked about how we needed more play makers on third down. Today he said they haven't had a true shut down corner in forever and that they have never really replaced Hayden.

I think if we get the top pick and Manning comes back there is a good chance that we keep Wayne, Mathis, and Saturday and take Claiborne in the draft.

Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State

People are going to scream for defense, but I think it is clear the Colts want more young play makers. I doubt Wayne will be resigned, so it makes the most sense to me.

Honestly, if the Colts can beat Tennessee and Houston, Jacksonville shouldn't be a problem.

I would be happy with Blackmon or Robert Griffin III. If we pick Griffin our offense would probably change to accomondate his skills.

After listening to Polian on 1070 this afternoon I think it's going to be Morris Claiborne if we don't get Luck. Monday he talked about how we needed more play makers on third down. Today he said they haven't had a true shut down corner in forever and that they have never really replaced Hayden.

I think if we get the top pick and Manning comes back there is a good chance that we keep Wayne, Mathis, and Saturday and take Claiborne in the draft.

Claiborne/Powers/ and Lacey and Thomas for nickel sounds pretty good. Especially the way Lacey has been playing lately

Claiborne/Powers/ and Lacey and Thomas for nickel sounds pretty good. Especially the way Lacey has been playing lately

Rucker has been playing really well the past couple of weeks he needs to be factored in there too.

I agree about Lacey he is responding just the way you want a playre to respond to being benched. He didn't hang his head, he didn't complain about it (cough)Tryon(cough) and just worked to get better so when he got another chance he would be ready and it's paying off.

what about kalil it would give us a great o-line to run and pass

Only problem with Kalil is that we took OTs 1st and 2nd last year. That's a lot of dough to have invested in O-line especially since one of them will have to be a back-up. If they think Ijalana is going to pan out, I can't see them going O-line any earlier than 2nd round. Most pressing needs on this team are (if Manning returns): 1) CB - not sure if Colts will invest a #1 on a Tampa-2 corner. We do play some man-to-man, but not enough IMHO to blow that high a pick. Wait until 2nd round and pick Chase Minnifield. 2) OLB - weakside - This draft looks pretty strong at this position. We need a very fast playmaker at this position who can pass cover and still play run defense. 3) C/OG - Time to draft Saturday's heir apparent. Their are a couple of top-notch Big Ten centers coming out this year. Pollack hasn't shown the talent to fill Saturday's shoes. 4) WR - This need might move closer to the top if Wayne is let go.

I would take Claibourne 1st, then take Nick Foles from Arizona. He has some pure passer skills and would be a great fit in our offense. Then take Dwight Jones in the 3rd. I think we might be better off without the number one pick. Foles will be willing to sit 3 years and the media won't question it or create controversy. Luck sitting behind Manning for 3 years might stir up some distractions. Also, if we do win the final game we'll be building some momentum for next year. Manning is going to play next year. The man sits in a film room 4 hours a day when they have a bye week! He wants another SB and deserves one.

I bet the combine will only prove RG3 has a faster 40 time. A better vertical. A better 3-cone drill and shuttle times. Does that matter for Qbs despite moving around in the pocket a bit? Even know both luck and RG3 have good awareness and mobility

HA RG3 has the best deep ball in the country hes going to surprise a lot of people

HA RG3 has the best deep ball in the country hes going to surprise a lot of people

You should start reading some of the updated scouting reports....they're all now saying that RGIII had to play with a VERY simplified playbook at Baylor because he had trouble with a normal playbook...they said that he has to rely on mostly just his athletic ability...and that he compares MOST to Andre Ward...

Personally, i do not want a "smallish" QB that has to have a very simplified playbook and rely solely on his athletic ability...but to each their own

You should start reading some of the updated scouting reports....they're all now saying that RGIII had to play with a VERY simplified playbook at Baylor because he had trouble with a normal playbook...they said that he has to rely on mostly just his athletic ability...and that he compares MOST to Andre Ward...

Personally, i do not want a "smallish" QB that has to have a very simplified playbook and rely solely on his athletic ability...but to each their own

Church

Round 1 Morris Claiborne (CB, LSU), Round 2 Nick Foles (QB, Arizona), and Round 3 Dwight Jones (WR, North Carolina) would work for me :). It will be a good transition play on the QB and WR front as well.

Both good points.

If Polian has any clue what he's doing he needs to trade down -- even if we do not get the best deal for it. We have so many needs it's ridiculous. Plus, there is little value in the top 10 this year....much more in the #1 overall pick (Luck) and late-first second. I'd love to stock pile picks in that range (via continuous trade downs if someone doesnt want to move up from that far back) to address DT, DE, LB, DB, and RB. A WR or QBOTF wouldn't hurt either, if the price is right.

He's 6'2", 220. That's not smallish. I'm sure Drew Brees would have a few words for you.

With that simplified playbook, he passed three times more than he ran, had the best deep ball of all the prospects, and was the most accurate QB in college football.

Coaches find ways to utilize their best players in the NFL. If Denver could win with Tebow, San Fran with Smith, and New England with Cassel....

He's 6'2", 220. That's not smallish. I'm sure Drew Brees would have a few words for you.

With that simplified playbook, he passed three times more than he ran, had the best deep ball of all the prospects, and was the most accurate QB in college football.

Coaches find ways to utilize their best players in the NFL. If Denver could win with Tebow, San Fran with Smith, and New England with Cassel....

Lots of guys that put up great numbers in college are complete busts in the NFL...and "listed" height and weight is not always accurate.

For a guy (YOU) who seems so dead set on us NOT picking Luck, why are you so heck bent on us taking RGIII? I would rather trade the #1 if we get it....we cant get the #3 now, since the vikings won...and if we get the #2, it would be a HORRIBLE pick to take RGIII at #2 (if not a bad pick in the first round all together)...

So i guess my question to you is, if you think it would be so horrible to take Luck #1, why did you think it was such a great idea to take RGIII at #3 if we wouldve fell to that pick? Makes NO sense what so ever

Played against the worst division in passing defense and played good defenses twice lost both games by 24+ points.

Anyone can get hurt. We could draft Luck and he could get hurt the first play of his career. It's football, injuries happen.

True, but you should have a suitable replacement in place. Next man up. To do otherwise is irresponsible. And we know for certain we do not have a suitable QB replacement on board. We are lucky our 3rd string QB is a touch better than the Texans 3rd string QB.

Not many talking about Coples, but if he rises to his potential, he will be a dominant DE that so many teams covet. Couldn't Coples be what Polian thought Hughes would be...only maybe better?

I would take Claiborn then Blackmon, but I wouldn't care either way. If we trade down, I would want DeCastro and Dennard....maybe that tall receiver out of South Carolina.

True, but you should have a suitable replacement in place. Next man up. To do otherwise is irresponsible. And we know for certain we do not have a suitable QB replacement on board. We are lucky our 3rd string QB is a touch better than the Texans 3rd string QB.

You mean the same third string QB that beat the Falcons and the Bengals?

You mean the same third string QB that beat the Falcons and the Bengals?

Yea, the same 3rd string QB that LOST to a 1-14 Colts team.

I think the defense and running game beat the Falcons and Bengals, not their 3rd string QB.

against Atlanta, he was 12-25 for 188 yds (48%), 3 sacks, and only 1 td. (Ryan was 20-47, 1 td and 2 int. this spells good Texan defense to me) texans had 162 rushing yards against 70 for Atlanta , and only 10 points.

against Cincinati, yates was better: 26-44 for 300 (59%) 2td and 1 int. Texans rushing was 144 to 101 Cin. score was 20-19

With that defense, even Painter would have won games.