Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whadda You Think Of Kravitz Latest Article

Fatboyslim11

I think he is more of a blogger than a reporter.

I also think he was responding to this post:

http://forums.colts....h-at-west-56th/

Your right on your thoughts. Like I have said many times Kravitz talks out of both sides of his mouth and he is still mad about that feud with Polian earlier.

I for one think that the Indy Star could do some house cleaning also and Kravitz would be the top of my list. Let's get a reporter not a blogger and get someone bias as well. If I believed everything in the Indy Star I could be in big trouble.

I believe Mr Irsay has enough insight about his franchise that he will do what he thinks has to be done. He may tweet but he is not dumb by any means.

I think the most telling thing is the comments he makes from those who did not want to be quoted. Along the same lines of his article from a month ago when people described the situation as "toxic" particularly with Chris Polian. He is spot on when he says that right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing and that has to change even if all the people stay in place.

One thing that I did not care for is his speculation on why the Polians still want Caldwell around - so they can control him. I suppose his theory could be true but I am skeptical.

I also don't happen to believe a house-cleaning is necessarily the answer, although if it comes to that I totally get it.

As an opinion piece, I think it's fine. He owns a little bit his 'issues' that make him less credible. He still adds innuendo 'I know people and I've heard things'.........that hold very little sway with me

I do not think that Irsay needs his advice so, I found that tone a bit condescending. Seems to me this guy must have a personality very similar to the one he accuses others of. If so, must be like looking in the mirror for him.

But, I do wish that the Colts would give press credentials to real bloggers. This guy functions like a blogger, why not open up to other bloggers?

Kravitz's tone can be irritating, but he's right on the money with this one. My question is.. what's Irsay's reaction when/if he reads this? Does he agree or does he resist the appearance of letting the media dictate his decisions? I think there's a good chance Caldwell gets the boot. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll be the Indianapolis Polians for at least another year...

Kravitz's tone can be irritating, but he's right on the money with this one. My question is.. what's Irsay's reaction when/if he reads this? Does he agree or does he resist the appearance of letting the media dictate his decisions? I think there's a good chance Caldwell gets the boot. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll be the Indianapolis Polians for at least another year...

That's just it for me. Kravitz wants to make himself part of the story. Huge ego imo

I think Irsay knows what he wants to. I just wish I knew what that is. Soon enough I guess

As an opinion piece, I think it's fine. He owns a little bit his 'issues' that make him less credible. He still adds innuendo 'I know people and I've heard things'.........that hold very little sway with me

I do not think that Irsay needs his advice so, I found that tone a bit condescending. Seems to me this guy must have a personality very similar to the one he accuses others of. If so, must be like looking in the mirror for him.

But, I do wish that the Colts would give press credentials to real bloggers. This guy functions like a blogger, why not open up to other bloggers?

I think it is naive to believe that there isn't some fire with the innuendos you mentioned. It is not what he has heard 3rd hand but from what people have told him directly.

Personally, I think Kravitz is a long way from a blogger.

I am tworn...I would like to see change, but I am afraid of cleaning house and getting rid of everything that has assemled the past 10 years of this dominance. My heart says its all the Manning factor, but my head is saying what happens if we do replace all the managament and coaches and we end up realizing we had it really good before?

I agree with Kravitz.... the Polian era has been a very good one on balance, but has probably run its course.

Watching the Colts for almost 50 years now.... a 14 year run is pretty impressive and Polian deserves credit for his successes.... despite his quirks and 3-4 years of drafts that haven't worked out so well.

And who knows.... a new front office regime and a new coaching staff with a savvy OC could actually reinvigorate Peyton coming off the injury..... or provide a completely new start for Andrew Luck, if we wind up going that route.

Thinking back... this team is much better positioned now to handle this kind of wholesale change, if it happens, than they were in the past.

Very well written article.

I've been highly critical of Kravitz and other local media guys, not because of their vocal dissidence, but because it's obvious that they just don't like Bill Polian. Might be with good reason, but it obviously affects their objectivity.

This, however, is a good article. I don't know that I agree with everything he says. I don't know that he's necessarily right about what he's saying with regard to the Polians. I think he has his mind made up that Bill and Chris have led directly to a lot of events that have hurt the team, and I don't really agree with his conclusion there.

Still, it's not like the Polians are the only ones qualified to run a team. Kravitz names two really good candidates that will be getting GM jobs in the near future. I certainly wouldn't cry if we went in a different direction, and it may very well just be time to do that, as he says.

I honestly would not be sorry to see Caldwell go. It has been frustrating, to put it mildly, that he does not try to go for a score on the last posession of the first half. When we had leads it was understandable, but when we were down I wanted to shout at him every time. Even on Sunday when we beat the Titans I couldn't believe he didn't try with plenty of time and timeouts to try to move the ball at least into field goal range, which could have tied it up. We have done so much off of Vinateiri's foot and he was doing great in warmups (I was at Lucas Oil Stadium). Pittsburgh at least tried on Sunday, even though they didn't get anything out of the drive. When I saw that my though was "At least they tried." I just want to see Caldwell try to stay in the game not take a knee like you're up by a couple of touchdowns.

I agree with Kravitz.... the Polian era has been a very good one on balance, but has probably run its course.

Watching the Colts for almost 50 years now.... a 14 year run is pretty impressive and Polian deserves credit for his successes.... despite his quirks and 3-4 years of drafts that haven't worked out so well.

And who knows.... a new front office regime and a new coaching staff with a savvy OC could actually reinvigorate Peyton coming off the injury..... or provide a completely new start for Andrew Luck, if we wind up going that route.

Thinking back... this team is much better positioned now to handle this kind of wholesale change, if it happens, than they were in the past.

Also approaching the half century mark for being a Colts fan. Change will happen to everyone and everything and the Colts are no exception. This is a good time to make a change - the franchise has stability, has a great stadium, national popularity and we can upgrade the front office and the coaching with a new team to move forward. I agree with a lot of what Kravitz wrote, although I will agree that some of what he wrote was his personal rather than a totally objective set of facts.

Your right on your thoughts. Like I have said many times Kravitz talks out of both sides of his mouth and he is still mad about that feud with Polian earlier.

I for one think that the Indy Star could do some house cleaning also and Kravitz would be the top of my list. Let's get a reporter not a blogger and get someone bias as well. If I believed everything in the Indy Star I could be in big trouble.

I believe Mr Irsay has enough insight about his franchise that he will do what he thinks has to be done. He may tweet but he is not dumb by any means.

The problem is Kravitz is paid to be just what he is a columnist and offer his opinion on things. He is not a reporter you are right about that. That is Mike Chappell and his stuff is normally pretty good and he is pretty good about leaving his personal opinion out of print. Kravitz and Wilison let is show threw a lot but again that's what they are paid for. I would agree that I think Kravitz and Wilison both go a little far at times and their fall back writing when they have nothing else seems to be bashing on Polian. My biggest issue with them is the constent crying they do about how Polian wont talk to them. What do you expect when the only good things you say about the man are backhandled compliments? Right or wrong when you take that tack of course a guy like Polian isn't going to do you a favor and make your job easier by givng you an interview. Yet in every interview they give Kravitz and Wilison cry about it, you know if they did it once or twice okay fine but it comes up everytime and I am more tired of them crying about it than I am of Polian being a jerk.

As for this column I haven't read it because I am not in a bash on Polian kind of mood. WIth that said from what i heard on the radio it sounds like Kravitz stuck to football here and if he did that then I really don't have issue with it. That's the way Kravitz see things and like any of us he is more than welcome to his opinion.

How so?

Im not sure your serious?

Disliking Bob is one thing, which is something your posts paint a clear picture of, but Im not entirely sure how you would question his record as a published journalist with Sports Illustrated and various printed media, and then question as to why 'hes not considered a blogger'....Perhaps your grudge is blinding you?

Im not sure your serious?

Disliking Bob is one thing, which is something your posts paint a clear picture of, but Im not entirely sure how you would question his record as a published journalist with Sports Illustrated and various printed media, and then question as to why 'hes not considered a blogger'....Perhaps your grudge is blinding you?

Being called a blogger is only bad if you take the negative meaning towards it. Some people call someone a blogger to try to belittle them. On the other hand a guy like Wilison is a blogger but he is really more of modern columnist. So if someone is trying to compare Kravitz to Wilison and meaning a blogger in that respect I don't think that's a big issue. If they are doing it to be little them by saying they are just like people who geto n the internet and start a blog and just pretty much offer an opinion without any kind of journlistic training that's different. Which Maureen was trying to get at with her comments I am not sure.

I just feel that there is a difference between a blogger and a sports journalist. I think Kravitz is a pretty educated guy when it comes to local sports. Is he always spot on, who knows, that is always a matter of prespective.

A sports journalist can, however, blog, from time to time. I believe Kravitz (or maybe Wilson) actually has a blog that he posts on, which is different from his actual sports journalism articles. Then he has a Twitter account, and other ways of expressing his opinions. Just because he's a "journalist" doesn't mean everything he does can be labeled journalism.

And that's where the line has become increasingly blurried, with the Internet empowering people to get their word out. You develop a following, you're somewhat knowledgeable, you get a little access, and pretty soon, you're Nate Dunlevy or Brad Wells and you're a reputable (?) blogger (they might refer to it as "gonzo journalism"). But when you start mixing your opinion in with fact and reaching conclusions on the basis of "this is what I think," you're no longer just a journalist. That applies to the mainstream guys like Kravitz and Wilson as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Where it becomes an actual problem is when someone who is recognized as a journalist starts doing more and more blogging, and using their platform of so-called journalism to promote their ideas, advance their agendas, etc. Now you're standing on a soapbox for your own sake. Now, the only difference between you, a journalist, and me, a message board poster, is that you might have a source inside the front office, or you might get credentialed for a big game. You can say "I'm a journalist, so I can quote 'unnamed sources' as the basis for my story about how Chris Polian has ruined the team," even though you clearly have an agenda. You begin to undermine your own credibility, but you're still the beat reporter for the big newspaper, so we have to at least pay a little attention to you.

I don't think being called a blogger is necessarily a derogatory term, but I do think there's a distinction to be made, and it's getting harder and harder to make.

I for one think that the Indy Star could do some house cleaning also and Kravitz would be the top of my list. Let's get a reporter not a blogger and get someone bias as well.

there's a difference between a columnist & a reporter. a columnist is more or less a blogger & all news outlets have them in multiple departments

like it or not, he sells papers

Kravitz hit the nail right on the head here.

We need a complete and thorough house-cleaning so we can step into the future with a clean slate.

I'm sick of Bill's narcissistic arrogant ways and his son's ineptness. I'm sick of Caldwell the puppet coach.

Mainly, I want a front office that I can believe in and that is hungry for change.

It's been a fun ride and some great memories. But thank you all and there's the door.

Kravitz hit the nail right on the head here.

We need a complete and thorough house-cleaning so we can step into the future with a clean slate.

I'm sick of Bill's narcissistic arrogant ways and his son's ineptness. I'm sick of Caldwell the puppet coach.

Mainly, I want a front office that I can believe in and that is hungry for change.

It's been a fun ride and some great memories. But thank you all and there's the door.

I get what you're saying. I just wonder about the bolded part. How has Chris Polian been inept? I personally think he knocked the draft out of the park.

I get what you're saying. I just wonder about the bolded part. How has Chris Polian been inept? I personally think he knocked the draft out of the park.

We won't truly know for a couple years. But he's only there because of Bill. I'm not even sure what his real qualifications are. I just don't trust him.

BUT, if Bill goes, and I think he has to, I can't see keeping his son around.

Aside from whether Bill still "has the touch", if he has been trying to transition out of the job (i.e. toward retirement) then we needed a qualified replacement. Just appointing his son is nothing but blatant nepotism. As someone else has said, what incredible luck that the best candidate to replace BP just happens to be his son - hmmmm. The suggestion that Chris doesn't work well with others just amplifies what an error this is.

I fully agree with what Kravitz is saying. Ideally the team would have been able to transition from Peyton to his replacement and continue on, but this season has shown that the team is poorly structured and coached. My biggest question is whether Jim Irsay has the thought and fortitude to blow things up....

We won't truly know for a couple years. But he's only there because of Bill. I'm not even sure what his real qualifications are. I just don't trust him.

BUT, if Bill goes, and I think he has to, I can't see keeping his son around.

Okay. I just don't think there's any evidence that he's inept. I get that he's not liked.

In the same sense, theres no proof he's not inept... and if he IS(??) the GM, his record would be 1-13. Which would be even further proof...

It doesn't work that way, though. I can't say "that guy is a doofus," and then you ask what makes him a doofus, and I say "what makes him NOT a doofus?"

Sounds like he was the point man for this year's draft, and made the calls on the free agency moves. He took a team that was pretty much put together already, and added a few pieces to it. We like the pieces he added; we don't really like the team.

I'm just sayin, if you're going to say someone's inept, it would seem you'd have reason to say so. Based on the decisions Chris Polian has apparently made, I wouldn't call him inept. I like very much what we did in the draft and in secondary free agency. Wish we would have signed a safety, but other than that, I don't have very many complaints.

If we were to get rid of him, that would be fine. There are definitely qualified candidates. The line is very blurry about where Bill stops and Chris starts right now, so I'm not sure that there's any legitimate way to judge him. If there's someone you have your eye on, and he's willing to run the show here, I'm okay with getting rid of both Polians. I don't think they are the primary reason the team is bad right now, though. There are a lot of factors in play. But they're by no means sacred.

In the same sense, theres no proof he's not inept... and if he IS(??) the GM, his record would be 1-13. Which would be even further proof...

What I'd be curious to see....if Irsay were to clean house....is how hotly young Polian is pursued, or not pursued, by other NFL teams....given the skulduggery he was accused of in his ascension to Colts GM.

If he truly is the conniver some have written about regarding his hand in the departure of other Colts front office folks....I'd imagine things like that make their way around the league and the youngster may reap what he's sown.