Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

kendrick ellis

Why aren't we looking at him? Hes 6'4 346 hole stuffer and we need a NT....he's only 27 years old and pretty good...i say we bring him in and take a look at him.

Can you explain how you know we haven`t looked at him? I find this kind of knowledge interesting. TY

We do not have a run stuffer....do u see what new england did to us...josh chapman not getting the job done at all...he doesnt demand a double team and thats what a 3-4 NT does

One blocker doesn`t push Chapman anywhere. Two blockers get 2 yards-SOMETIMES.

New England outcoached us, and ran thru Redding, Walden, Newton, RJF, and our ILB`ers, with little help from our safeties.

Why aren't we looking at him? Hes 6'4 346 hole stuffer and we need a NT....he's only 27 years old and pretty good...i say we bring him in and take a look at him.

The Giants are having a visit with him.  I don't know if anyone else has brought him in.

If it doesn't get addressed high in the draft then I'll be very concerned

haha With pick 29 the value for a NT isn't there, certainly not in this draft. BPA is the only route to go when this far down the order, and again, DL is not where the value is at. The Colts are not in dire NEED for DL that they are going to start reaching in this draft right out of the gate. If that were the case they would have poured about whatever it took to get Fairley (not a huge fan of to begin with) Knighton, McPhee, etc.. - veterans -  to fill that NEED. They didn't and I highly doubt they are going to go reaching for guys, rookies at that, to fill a need that really isn't there.

They simply got outcoached, the defense (Manusky) never adjusted for the heavy OL packages, and our offense flat out sucked in those games - primarily against NE. I think some of you are really overracting about our DL situation.

haha With pick 29 the value for a NT isn't there, certainly not in this draft. BPA is the only route to go when this far down the order, and again, DL is not where the value is at. The Colts are not in dire NEED for DL that they are going to start reaching in this draft right out of the gate. If that were the case they would have poured about whatever it took to get Fairley (not a huge fan of to begin with) Knighton, McPhee, etc.. - veterans - to fill that NEED. They didn't and I highly doubt they are going to go reaching for guys, rookies at that, to fill a need that really isn't there.

They simply got outcoached, the defense (Manusky) never adjusted for the heavy OL packages, and our offense flat out sucked in those games - primarily against NE. I think some of you are really overracting about our DL situation.

They just never adjust to the heavy OL packages everytime we play them huh? I see if its a one time thing but they 200 yard us everytime on the ground when we play them....we need a plugger....if we dont get a free agent...it has to be safety or NT in the first round...i do understand we puck 29th and its usually best player on the board by then but we beed a NT bad

They just never adjust to the heavy OL packages everytime we play them huh? I see if its a one time thing but they 200 yard us everytime on the ground when we play them....we need a plugger....if we dont get a free agent...it has to be safety or NT in the first round...i do understand we puck 29th and its usually best player on the board by then but we beed a NT bad

NO we didn't adjust, our LB's kept getting swept inside instead of watching the RB, only to watch Blount and Gray walk freely through the B and C gaps. The runs through the A gaps were normally minimal. Chapman was the least of our problems. Tackling was a huge problem as well..

Again you're looking at NEED and that's what gets GM's fired. Grigson did it with Werner and I guarantee he won't make that same mistake again. Safety or DL at 29 is going to end up being a reach...

haha With pick 29 the value for a NT isn't there, certainly not in this draft. BPA is the only route to go when this far down the order, and again, DL is not where the value is at. The Colts are not in dire NEED for DL that they are going to start reaching in this draft right out of the gate. If that were the case they would have poured about whatever it took to get Fairley (not a huge fan of to begin with) Knighton, McPhee, etc.. - veterans -  to fill that NEED. They didn't and I highly doubt they are going to go reaching for guys, rookies at that, to fill a need that really isn't there.

It is a need. The Patriots have served it to us on a silver platter the past two years that we don't have the defensive line/front seven to match up with them. Sure, we got outcoached, but you'd have to be blind to not realize that we also flat out got pushed around. We need true difference makers on the defensive line and if we can get someone like a Jordan Phillips or Eddie Goldman it could go a long way towards solving these problems. Every successful 3-4 defense needs that NT in the middle that can occupy blockers and stuff the run. It wouldn't be a good idea to roll into 2015 not having addressed this problem.

NO we didn't adjust, our LB's kept getting swept inside instead of watching the RB, only to watch Blount and Gray walk freely through the B and C gaps. The runs through the A gaps were normally minimal. Chapman was the least of our problems. Tackling was a huge problem as well..

Again you're looking at NEED and that's what gets GM's fired. Grigson did it with Werner and I guarantee he won't make that same mistake again. Safety or DL at 29 is going to end up being a reach...

What u think we need at 29 the? Like really?

It is a need. The Patriots have served it to us on a silver platter the past two years that we don't have the defensive line/front seven to match up with them. Sure, we got outcoached, but you'd have to be blind to not realize that we also flat out got pushed around. We need true difference makers on the defensive line and if we can get someone like a Jordan Phillips or Eddie Goldman it could go a long way towards solving these problems. Every successful 3-4 defense needs that NT in the middle that can occupy blockers and stuff the run. It wouldn't be a good idea to roll into 2015 not having addressed this problem.

Yes we can definitely use talent and depth uo front on D. BUT more than likely we're going to go with the BPA which could be a receiver for all we know. I'm not gonna be supprised if alot of folks on here are upset come draft day. I dont doubt we draft someone that goes against what most were hoping for.

Yes we can definitely use talent and depth uo front on D. BUT more than likely we're going to go with the BPA which could be a receiver for all we know. I'm not gonna be supprised if alot of folks on here are upset come draft day. I dont doubt we draft someone that goes against what most were hoping for.

I don't mind taking the BPA approach, but if one of those top defensive tackles are still on the board then I think we need to take them.