Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Wallace traded to the Vikings (Update)

2 people should be ecstatic over this Mike Wallace trade: QB Teddy Bridgewater & forum member NFLfan whose Vikings are her favorite team. I'm happy for ya NFLfan.  :thmup:

Jesus, are the Miami Dolphins dumping their whole roster just to pay $60,000,000 in guaranteed dow? LOL! It sure seems like it at 1st blush doesn't it? 

2 people should be ecstatic over this Mike Wallace trade: QB Teddy Bridgewater & forum member NFLfan whose Vikings are her favorite team. I'm happy for ya NFLfan.  :thmup:

Jesus, are the Miami Dolphins dumping their whole roster just to pay $60,000,000 in guaranteed dow? LOL! It sure seems like it at 1st blush doesn't it?

they aren't letting past mistakes keep them from moving forward.

Dolphins win the trade. Get a decent pick, clear cap, and remove a headache in the locker room. 

I respectfully disagree MTC. OC Norv Turner is going to put Wallace in good situations to win games in the NFC North because the Bears are no obstacle & Ngata is the the real threat there now. Megatron is still solid as a WR weapon but not as dangerous as he once was in previous seasons. GB will still own the division though quite easily. 

I respectfully disagree MTC. OC Norv Turner is going to put Wallace in good situations to win games in the NFC North because the Bears are no obstacle & Ngata is the the real threat there now. Megatron is still solid as a WR weapon but not as dangerous as he once was in previous seasons. GB will still own the division though quite easily. 

Yes, I know Ngata is a Lion not a Bear BTW. I realized that after I re-read my post. My mistake. I think Wallace will be fine in Minnesota because he is such a tall target with long arms & big hands for Bridgewater. 

If AP returns & the Vikings are being competitive in games with Zimmer's aptitude for defensive prowess, Mike will be happy & easy to manage & control IMO. 

2 people should be ecstatic over this Mike Wallace trade: QB Teddy Bridgewater & forum member NFLfan whose Vikings are her favorite team. I'm happy for ya NFLfan. :thmup:

haha. You don't know me too well, SW. I am not at all ecstatic about the trade. Wallace is a talented player and he is easily the #1 receiver on the Vikes now. But I don't like malcontents and his cap number this year is too high. The good thing is that if he does not work out, we can cut him next year without any salary cap ramifications. But, you're right that the offense is much improved with Wallace on the team. For a 5th round pick, it is not too bad.

Wallace does not strike me as a long term player for the Vikings. I hope his acquisition does not mean the end for Greg Jennings on the Vikes. Jennings provides veteran leadership which is needed on a young team. And I don't want to give up on Cordarrelle Patterson who seems to be having difficulty with Norv's offense. Give the kid another year.

I am disappointed that the Vikes have not addressed their needs on the offensive line, specifically left guard. I would not mind trading for Evan Mathis, despite his age. We need to protect Teddy.

not yet, but give Vic Fangio 3 seasons and the Bears Defense will probably remind people of '85. 

Miami just planning to win off D??? Tannehill needs some serious weapons w Hartline and Wallace gone??? They have a somewhat unproven RB and what???????,,

A big part of this was to ship off Wallace's contract, and less so Wallace. I imagine with the WR and RB depth of this draft, Miami thinks they can get some young guys to fill in and have their revamped defense hold them close while Tannehill feels out his new teammates. It's not a bad plan either, as it helps fix the cap issues they created with the monster contract they gave Suh.

This trade is starting to look better and better to me as I read more about Wallace. My cousin is a Dolphin fan and he, like you, believes Wallace will do well in Norv Turner's offense. The Vikings needed a legitimate deep threat and now we have one. I was just concerned about his attitude. As you know, Zimmer is familiar with Wallace during their days in the AFC North. I don't believe Zim would have agreed to this trade if he believed Wallace would be a problem in the locker room.

http://www.vikings.com/news/featured/article-1/Highlights-of-New-Vikings-WR-Mike-Wallace/6d581d2b-1406-45f5-9f17-a114715fc8b9

That is what I have seen several places as well ... seems he just isn't "getting it"  ... which is one of the reasons I think they have interest in Wallace.

I was afraid Patterson would fail under Norv Turner. Patterson isn't really a WR.....he's should be used like Percy Harvin was in Minn.

Vikes released Greg Jennings. That was expected after the trade for Wallace, but I was hoping they could work something out. Jennings was a great guy in the locker room and was great with Teddy. Oh well. :(

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/14/vikings-part-ways-with-greg-jennings-after-mike-wallace-trade/

Yeah Greg is a darn nice guy. Sorry to see him leave the Purple people eaters AKA Vikings too. Good luck Mr. Jennings. I'm sure he's on the call sheet if a WR gets injured in training camp for the majority of NFL franchises out there. 

With Jay Cutler as the franchise QB in Chicago, Fox's staff won't last 3 years GC00 even 2 probably I'm afraid. 

'85 Bears didn't have a great QB. McMahon was good enough to get the job done. Walter Payton was an All-Pro. It was their Defense that was awesome.

Vic Fangio took the 49ers Defense, which already had great players, and made them better. 2011 49ers Defense was spectacular, the first year Vic was the DC.

The Bears need to get rid of Cutler. Get a franchise QB and some better players on Defense, but i believe Vic can make that Defense great.