Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny Shelton?

Shelton??? I've seen newer mocks that have him dropping to around 12-15 for some reason. We'd definitely have to trade up, but if he falls out of the top 10, I think we should trade up for him.

You really, really don't want to trade up.    Pretty much not for anyone.

The price is really, really expensive and the Colts have way, way too many needs.

There's a decent chance, I have a feeling his 5.62 40-yard-dash will drop him a few spots, maybe 5 spots or so.

Even if he drops 5 sports or so,  that drops him all the way to what?    15? 

We're at 29,  light years away.      You call that a "decent chance"

The chance may not be zero,  but it's not much higher than that.

You really, really don't want to trade up.    Pretty much not for anyone.

The price is really, really expensive and the Colts have way, way too many needs.

We most likely wont trade up too far, but I have a feeling we'll trade up a couple spots to grab Phillips, seeing as he'll be the best DT within our reach.

Danny Shelton?

You wouldn't be surprised if he was there are 29?

Are we talking about the same guy?

Yes, I guess I should clarify. 

I feel like he's the annual guy who gets overrated by the media, but the NFL probably isn't that high on. Honestly, his tape is OK and I feel like people expected him to test much better than he did. Add in that he plays a low value position, and a slide really wouldn't shock me. Him also going top 10 wouldn't shock me either.

Yes, I guess I should clarify. 

I feel like he's the annual guy who gets overrated by the media, but the NFL probably isn't that high on. Honestly, his tape is OK and I feel like people expected him to test much better than he did. Add in that he plays a low value position, and a slide really wouldn't shock me. Him also going top 10 wouldn't shock me either.

Teddy Bridgwater Syndrome?

Yeah pretty much. Though I think they just over-thought Teddy. Like they were looking for things wrong with him even though he had fantastic tape. 

Werner was very similar at one point in the pre-draft process.. the mocks that had him going #1 in some cases.  haha

-edit- I will add these were mocks on B/R

Edited by SteelCityColt

After Shelton's performance at the combine there's no way he drops to Indy at #29.  I love the guy and think he'd be perhaps the best defensive impact player we could get.  If he were to fall past #15 it would be tempting but it would still cost both a 1st and 2nd round pick.  Wait it out and take the best player available at the time... or better yet, trade down and accumulate more picks.

After Shelton's performance at the combine there's no way he drops to Indy at #29.  I love the guy and think he'd be perhaps the best defensive impact player we could get.  If he were to fall past #15 it would be tempting but it would still cost both a 1st and 2nd round pick.  Wait it out and take the best player available at the time... or better yet, trade down and accumulate more picks.

?? What did he do at the combine to solidify his spot? If anything, the combine would be a big reason he was available at 29. 

Today, however, ESPN's Mike Wells reported that, "the Colts were never in the running for Wilfork."  And here's what Wells says was the reason why: "because they're optimistic about Josh ChapmanMontori HughesZach Kerr and Kelcy Quarles at defensive tackle."  Wells notes that the Colts are most interested in adding another starting safety and depth at the inside linebacker position - both of which certainly are big needs too.

The confidence in the depth at defensive line was the same reason why the team didn't go after Terrance Knighton or Nick FairleyWells had previously said.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/3/18/8244977/report-colts-were-never-in-the-running-for-vince-wilfork

The more I see this type of stuff repeatedly being said it makes me think the Colts won't be using many of our top picks on D lineman.