Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Working Out With Pads. Participating In Drills.

Captain Americolt

Goo news to hear that he worked out in pads, buuuuut...

Peyton Manning will not play in the final two games of the 2011 season, Indianapolis vice chairman Bill Polian announced Sunday following the Colts' 27-13 win over the Tennessee Titans.

Manning put on pads for the first time this season while he recovers from his September neck surgery, and Polian said the team determined Manning was not ready to come back after observing his throwing session.

... those comments from the quote above are not the most encouraging. I would have rather heard "Manning won't play, but after watching his work out, he is looking better than we might have expected at this stage of his rehab."

Goo news to hear that he worked out in pads, buuuuut...

Peyton Manning will not play in the final two games of the 2011 season, Indianapolis vice chairman Bill Polian announced Sunday following the Colts' 27-13 win over the Tennessee Titans.

Manning put on pads for the first time this season while he recovers from his September neck surgery, and Polian said the team determined Manning was not ready to come back after observing his throwing session.

... those comments from the quote above are not the most encouraging. I would have rather heard "Manning won't play, but after watching his work out, he is looking better than we might have expected at this stage of his rehab."

The language here is troubling...rocky...

I sure would like to hear him speak on how he feels after some workouts..

Maybe Thursday night....at the Houston game

I want to see the positive side in that PERHAPS just having Peyton back on the practice field, throwing the ball, helped to inspire the team (esp. defense)...so much so that they pulled out the win today.

Maybe his presence alone and the effect it has is why he isn't on IR. :dunno:

I never thought he would play this year (I have had fusion surgery) and am glad he won't be. But I think he will be fine for next season. :flowers:

I want to see the positive side in that PERHAPS just having Peyton back on the practice field, throwing the ball, helped to inspire the team (esp. defense)...so much so that they pulled out the win today.

Maybe his presence alone and the effect it has is why he isn't on IR. :dunno:

I never thought he would play this year (I have had fusion surgery) and am glad he won't be. But I think he will be fine for next season. :flowers:

I think they are keeping him off IR right now because they still want to see what he can do in practice and I don't think he can practice with the team if they put him on IR.