Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Winners, Losers from Day 1 of Combine.

Fisher and Donnal both showed up well in the drills. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them wearing a horseshoe helmet. I thought Flowers looked slow and stiff in the drills.  Quite surprising, yet they continue to hype him.

Have you watched his film? I wouldn't describe him as slow and stiff. I haven't watched any of the drills from today, though.

Fisher and Donnal both showed up well in the drills. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them wearing a horseshoe helmet. I thought Flowers looked slow and stiff in the drills. Quite surprising, yet they continue to hype him.

was he projected as a LT? Sometimes if they aren't as athletic they look at them as guards or maybe RT

Two guys that definately got my attention were Jamil Douglas (congrats Gavin) and Daryl Williams.  Both guys had 10 yard spilts at 1.75 and both are big guys.  Size and explosion.  How did they look in drills?

1.  Daryl  Williams

2.  Jamil Douglas

3.  Tyler Lockett

4.  Jeremy Langford

5.  David Cobb

6.  James Castleman

6. Deion Barnes

7.  ???  No idea.

Castonzo Mewhort ?????  Douglas Williams  

That could be fun, still need to fix the D.

Ali Marpet also had an incredible 10 yard split.  He might be a nice fourth or 5th rounder if we couldn't grab any guards earlier.

Two guys that definately got my attention were Jamil Douglas (congrats Gavin) and Daryl Williams. Both guys had 10 yard spilts at 1.75 and both are big guys. Size and explosion. How did they look in drills?

1. Daryl Williams

2. Jamil Douglas

3. Tyler Lockett

4. Jeremy Langford

5. David Cobb

6. James Castleman

6. Deion Barnes

7. ??? No idea.

Castonzo Mewhort ????? Douglas Williams

That could be fun, still need to fix the D.

Ali Marpet also had an incredible 10 yard split. He might be a nice fourth or 5th rounder if we couldn't grab any guards earlier.

if we ignore the D with our first 3 picks I will be very dissipointed

Flowers is definitely a loser, not a winner. His power is undeniable but he had suspect footwork and lateral agility on most of the drills. Think he worked himself into the second round.

Wanna see Flowers block three guys (sort of)?

http://www.draftbreakdown.com/gif-embed/?clip=256266&gif=UnlinedSereneKillifish

I'm watching his tape against Nebraska, which comes with a little bit of a Randy Gregory bonus. He definitely has suspect technical work, both hands and feet. Those are coachable. Limited lateral agility? Not a big concern, IMO. But this was before his knee surgery (which is actually my bigger concern with him). He's much more physical and better with his hands in the run game.

if we ignore the D with our first 3 picks I will be very dissipointed

Sad thing is we can't fix everything with one draft.  We have a boat load of holes to fill.  I guess I was just going OL first.  We are in great shape for free agents, because many players will want to play with Luck, but I still think we should be built through the draft. 

Sad thing is we can't fix everything with one draft. We have a boat load of holes to fill. I guess I was just going OL first. We are in great shape for free agents, because many players will want to play with Luck, but I still think we should be built through the draft.

if we don't get any new starters on the OL I'd be fine as long as we get a D that won't get smashed for 50 points

I agree we have alot of holes it's pretty hard to fill them all in just this offseason we have 0 Safties for the future our LBers can't cover and aren't that young and our Dline don't get much pass rush and we need to get better on the Oline at running the ball