Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Per Adam Schefter Colts and Duron Carter closing in on deal (Merge)

Deathiltis

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total mistake!!!!  nOOOOO.  After he failed OSU academically and went to Coffyville community college in Kansas, this is what Coffyville's QB said about him, "The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen," Cayden Cochran, Coffeyville's starting quarterback for Carter's season there, wrote on his Twitter account in February. "I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."

This is a huge mistake.  He hated school , how is he going to do film studies and learn the offense.  begrudingly , that's how.  His dad boasts of his IQ but said he hates school with a passion or he had other animated words he used.

A lot of young guys hate school.  A lot of young guys that are from rich families and talented athletes probably hate school more than most, perhaps feeling entitled.  His work ethic prevented him from a shot at the NFL so far, but I think the reason he is getting looks now is because he seems to have turned it around in the CFL.  Not for nothing, but why is the QB from Coffyville Community College posting anything on twitter to begin with?

Im hoping Wayne can get healthy and come for one more year. We are one injury away from Moncrief and Carter being both starters. I like both, but need improvement from these two. Carter is a low risk high reward signing. My expectations are low for him in the 2015 season.

highly doubt duron carter will be a starter. at least not on the Colts. (not right out of the gate)

A lot of young guys hate school.  A lot of young guys that are from rich families and talented athletes probably hate school more than most, perhaps feeling entitled.  His work ethic prevented him from a shot at the NFL so far, but I think the reason he is getting looks now is because he seems to have turned it around in the NFL.  Not for nothing, but why is the QB from Coffyville Community College posting anything on twitter to begin with?

Very true

only time will tell.  I wonder what his Allouquetta teammates thought of him.  Well, I hope Grigson flew several of them in and talked with them because I think he will be a cancer.

We can always cut him and then he can go live in his VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

I'm fine with the signing, but can't wait for people's dreams to be shattered when he doesn't put BIG numbers.  Please be able to admit fault when he doesn't.  I've seen so many people disappointed that Nicks only put up 400 yards and 4 TD's, being a 6th option most of the year, so if Nicks and Reggie isn't there next year it shouldn't be asking too much for this HOF son to have 1000 yds and 8 TD passes, right?  If Nicks or Wayne does come back you can still expect around 600 Yards and 6 TD's!  If you think that's unreasonable, perhaps your expectations for Nicks were a bit off!

Wouldn't mind bringing Nicks back for cheap now either.

Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, Nicks.. pretty awesome WR corps

Moncrief showed good potential this past year but was not consistent in his fairly limited opportunities.  Nicks seemed to improve a bit towards the end of the year, but was far from awesome.  The Pats totally took TY out of our offensive equation in the AFC Championship game (I love TY, but IMO he can't be a true #1 WR on his own, he needs at least one more serious threat at WR to let him get his chances to exploit defenses for big plays).  Carter has never played a down in the NFL.

I'm for bringing Nicks back, too (at the right price) -- but am nowhere near ready to call that four-some an awesome WR corps.

Si senor

Ah, okay. Now I understand.

Here's my thinking:

Allowing for your scenario, I said in a later post that I could see them getting his deal done as soon as camp this year. And yeah, with the prorated bonus and a little bump in salary, you can absorb an increase of $3-5m on his 2015 cap hit, easily.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I don't think there's going to be a lot of inflation for Luck's future deal. The market has held steady for a couple years now, and no one with a real shot of bumping the market up is on deck. I think he'll wind up somewhere around $22m/year, like Rodgers. And if there's any chance at $25m/year, I think it already exists anyways. 

So the prime reason to do it in 2015 would be to stash some of that prorated bonus in 2015, and then even out the cap hits over the rest of the deal. I'm fine with that, but I don't think it's the first thing on anyone's mind right now. If it were me, that would be the last thing I'd do this offseason. I'd get Hilton, Allen and Fleener done, after 2015 free agency, and then do Luck's deal last. 

Folks putting D Carter ALREADY above a H NICKS in a potential 2015 lineup   ,,,      is comical. 

Simply comical.    D Carter will likely not make this roster next year.    If he does...  it will be as a 5th string for PS player.     "RANDY MOSS'S" do not just fall off of trees...    they fall to the mid FIRST round.        

Good Lord people..        

I'm fine with the signing, but can't wait for people's dreams to be shattered when he doesn't put BIG numbers.  Please be able to admit fault when he doesn't.  I've seen so many people disappointed that Nicks only put up 400 yards and 4 TD's, being a 6th option most of the year, so if Nicks and Reggie isn't there next year it shouldn't be asking too much for this HOF son to have 1000 yds and 8 TD passes, right?  If Nicks or Wayne does come back you can still expect around 600 Yards and 6 TD's!  If you think that's unreasonable, perhaps your expectations for Nicks were a bit off!

I think you're being ridiculous.

I didn't say Avery was better. I said he was more productive. Is that arguable?

I know you didn't say Avery was better.  I didn't either.  I said Avery isn't that good!  A teams production has to come from somewhere.  If you put TY Hilton on the Jags I bet he would have way more yards than he does with Indy.  It was just a statement, that you can't just look at people's stats to judge them.  If you put 3 good WR's on a team (doesn't matter who) they wont get as many yards as they normally would, as if there isn't as many good options.  It's my point behind why Nicks doesn't have the production that he had in NY.  They didn't have as many good WR's or TE's, so he had more targets, and was involved more.  It's a fairly simple concept...

Here's my thinking:

Allowing for your scenario, I said in a later post that I could see them getting his deal done as soon as camp this year. And yeah, with the prorated bonus and a little bump in salary, you can absorb an increase of $3-5m on his 2015 cap hit, easily.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I don't think there's going to be a lot of inflation for Luck's future deal. The market has held steady for a couple years now, and no one with a real shot of bumping the market up is on deck. I think he'll wind up somewhere around $22m/year, like Rodgers. And if there's any chance at $25m/year, I think it already exists anyways. 

So the prime reason to do it in 2015 would be to stash some of that prorated bonus in 2015, and then even out the cap hits over the rest of the deal. I'm fine with that, but I don't think it's the first thing on anyone's mind right now. If it were me, that would be the last thing I'd do this offseason. I'd get Hilton, Allen and Fleener done, after 2015 free agency, and then do Luck's deal last. 

Just out of curiosity...   What do you think Fleener and Allen are worth?

I am not going to over pay for Fleener and Allen needs to be in a very "performance based" realm.  

These TE's are not the ace cards many think they are.     They are "very good" ...  not big dollar guys...  JMO>

I wish we could pick up players on D like you guys! Speaking of which, is it ok if we take McPhee off your hands? Thanks.

It would be a good pick up. He's another up and coming guy like Ellerbe, Jones, and Krueger who we couldn't keep. I know you like our defensive free agents, as well you should !

Elle and Krug have been total busts proportionate to the MONEY given..    AJ.. the jury is still out.. 

It would be a good pick up. He's another up and coming guy like Ellerbe, Jones, and Krueger who we couldn't keep. I know you like our defensive free agents, as well you should !

Here's my thinking:

No problem with that thinking at all. 

I think you're being ridiculous.

Yes, I agree.  That statement is very ridiculous!  That's not what I think he will do, it is my take on what others' expectations should be from DC, if they had such high expectations with Nicks and how his numbers were EXTREMELY disappointing.

My expectations:  I don't think Nicks will be back and Reggie will probably retire, if that's so I expect him to have the #3 role and a good portion of playing time from the get go.  He will probably have 500 yards 5 TD's with that kind of role.  If either Nicks or Wayne is back I see those numbers dropping, say 250-300 Yards 3-4 TD's.  I believe he will be a redzone threat mostly.  If somehow Nicks and Wayne are both back, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even see the field but on ST or if somebody gets injured/resting.  In that scenario he will have very minimal impact, lets say 15 catches under 100 yards 1 or 2 TD's.

I'm just hoping that he can keep himself out of trouble, because we will need him in the future, if he is any good!

I know you didn't say Avery was better.  I didn't either.  I said Avery isn't that good!  A teams production has to come from somewhere.  If you put TY Hilton on the Jags I bet he would have way more yards than he does with Indy.  It was just a statement, that you can't just look at people's stats to judge them.  If you put 3 good WR's on a team (doesn't matter who) they wont get as many yards as they normally would, as if there isn't as many good options.  It's my point behind why Nicks doesn't have the production that he had in NY.  They didn't have as many good WR's or TE's, so he had more targets, and was involved more.  It's a fairly simple concept...

And completely irrelevant. 

Yes, I agree.  That statement is very ridiculous!  That's not what I think he will do, it is my take on what others' expectations should be from DC, if they had such high expectations with Nicks and how his numbers were EXTREMELY disappointing.

My expectations:  I don't think Nicks will be back and Reggie will probably retire, if that's so I expect him to have the #3 role and a good portion of playing time from the get go.  He will probably have 500 yards 5 TD's with that kind of role.  If either Nicks or Wayne is back I see those numbers dropping, say 250-300 Yards 3-4 TD's.  I believe he will be a redzone threat mostly.  If somehow Nicks and Wayne are both back, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even see the field but on ST or if somebody gets injured/resting.  In that scenario he will have very minimal impact, lets say 15 catches under 100 yards 1 or 2 TD's.

I'm just hoping that he can keep himself out of trouble, because we will need him in the future, if he is any good!

Duron Carter's expectations have nothing to do with the expectations that Hakeem Nicks and Reggie Wayne had or would have.

For whatever reason, you're super defensive about Hakeem Nicks.

Total mistake!!!!  nOOOOO.  After he failed OSU academically and went to Coffyville community college in Kansas, this is what Coffyville's QB said about him, "The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen," Cayden Cochran, Coffeyville's starting quarterback for Carter's season there, wrote on his Twitter account in February. "I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."

Do you think there might be a possibility that he may have grown up a little in his time in Canada?

Yayyyyyy     PK had what 11 sacks for a team that was last in the league in TOP and ....  

I mean come on..    Dude is a dud.    36 tackles...       and 16  assts?   Really...    for the BIG BUCKS... 

Rock on Cleveland,....  

Kruger had a good season in 2014. Considering his cap hit is around 8 million for 2014 it's not too bad when you consider that 20 sack players would be getting 14-18 mill.

This is a huge mistake.  He hated school , how is he going to do film studies and learn the offense.  begrudingly , that's how.  His dad boasts of his IQ but said he hates school with a passion or he had other animated words he used.

First, the fact that he hated school has zero to do with him learning an offense. Second, his coach in Canada administered the Wonderlic test to all of his players and Carter scored very high.

Just out of curiosity...   What do you think Fleener and Allen are worth?

I am not going to over pay for Fleener and Allen needs to be in a very "performance based" realm.  

These TE's are not the ace cards many think they are.     They are "very good" ...  not big dollar guys...  JMO>

I have no idea. Good TEs rarely reach the market. The last ones where Delanie Walker and Jared Cook. Cook went to the Rams for $7m/year, and hasn't been impressive, although he hasn't had a QB. Walker has been better, but he only got $4.375m/year. He was a backup for the Niners before he went to the Titans.

The market isn't very clearly defined for guys like Fleener and Allen. I could see either of them making a case for $7m/year, but I could also see them being in the $4-5m/year range. I'd put both of them in place at $4.5m/year this offseason, if it were up to me.

I highly doubt TY would have more yards, and am almost positive he wouldn't have 'way more' yards if he played in Jacksonville than Indy. 

TY has been good for us, but some teams have shown they can take him away if he's our only real big threat (see New England in the AFCCG).  Beyond that, we were 1st in the league with 305  yards/game -- Jacksonville was 31st in the league with 187 yards/game.  Sorry, but TY isn't going to make that team average ~120 yards more in the air -- if he went there, his numbers would most likely suffer.