Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck considered skipping Pro Bowl....

NewColtsFan

.... says he's still very hurt and upset over the loss and wanted to skip the event.

But realizes everyone there had their season end with a loss, so he joined in.

Say's it's a priviledge to be voted in by the fans, so he's there...

Some good and interesting quotes from Andrew....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462891/article/colts-andrew-luck-considered-skipping-pro-bowl

.... says he's still very hurt and upset over the loss and wanted to skip the event.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462891/article/colts-andrew-luck-considered-skipping-pro-bowl

Good for him, no sense moping. Have a few drinks, work on the tan, make a couple of bucks....oh and play a little touch football. Get ready for the same old, same old when you get back.

I love this quote from Andrew Luck. "I mean, it is a privilege, but I am hurting in a sense. But I realize it's an honor to be voted in and the fans really enjoy it. So, I did it."

Perspective: He knows the ProBowl is special because the fans & your peers bestow it upon you & he never wants to completely lose the pain of losing just to remember that anguish & regret & use it as motivational fuel to advance further than your team did before the season officially came to a close.

Chewbacca is just so spectacularly awesome. Wise beyond his years. Keep undermining his accomplishments Skip Bayless because when he wins a SB ring & he will win 1 hopefully 2, but let's not get too greedy right away; I'm gonna love watching you back track your premature coronation nonsense. Where's Tim Tebow & RG3's SB rings skippy?

Oh, that's right, 1 QB is out of the league & the other 1 is desperately trying to salvage his career.   

Tom Brady and Andrew Luck aren't sore losers, Luck is just upset at a loss, that doesn't make u a sore loser, I can understand why Luck is upset

Not going to the Pro Bowl because you lost is being a sore loser and it's a slap in the face to the fans.

Brady has done it since 2004. He's just a sore loser and winner.

I love this quote from Andrew Luck. "I mean, it is a privilege, but I am hurting in a sense. But I realize it's an honor to be voted in and the fans really enjoy it. So, I did it."

Perspective: He knows the ProBowl is special because the fans & your peers bestow it upon you & he never wants to completely lose the pain of losing just to remember that anguish & regret & use it as motivational fuel to advance further than your team did before the season officially came to a close.

Chewbacca is just so spectacularly awesome. Wise beyond his years. Keep undermining his accomplishments Skip Bayless because when he wins a SB ring & he will win 1 hopefully 2, but let's not get too greedy right away; I'm gonna love watching you back track your premature coronation nonsense. Where's Tim Tebow & RG3's SB rings skippy?

Oh, that's right, 1 QB is out of the league & the other 1 is desperately trying to salvage his career.

That dude is a class act.

Not going to the Pro Bowl because you lost is being a sore loser and it's a slap in the face to the fans.

Brady has done it since 2004. He's just a sore loser and winner.

Luck is actually going to be in the pro bowl he was just thinking about not doing it bc, of him being sore, and if Brady is a sore loser what has he done to prove he is

Luck is actually going to be in the pro bowl he was just thinking about not doing it bc, of him being sore, and if Brady is a sore loser what has he done to prove he is

Well, not going to the Pro Bowl since 2004 and screaming at the refs and chasing them off the field after that Carolina game just to name a couple.

Since they moved it to before the superbowl, I can see why players feel like it's a loser bowl

Since they moved it to before the superbowl, I can see why players feel like it's a loser bowl

Yeah, Nadine is right. I liked when the ProBowl used to be played after the SB & the Hawaii festivities were actually the last swan song of the NFL season. 

But, Roger Goodell needs to make another buck so let's sandwich the event between the Championship Games & Lombardi glory because clearly a global, multi-billion dollar industry is broke right?  :sarcasm:

I am glad he decided to go. I have always called Tom Brady a sore loser for never going to the Pro Bowl last pro bowl he played in was the same year he won the Super Bowl so he could go rub it in everyone's faces. I have lost all respect for that man with the latest scandal. 

Wish he did not go.  It is such a waste of time and a joke of a game.  No reason to put yourself in harms way if you do not have to.  I would not have blamed him if he skipped on it after the beating he took this season.  Enjoy your vacation and not waste your time on a meaningless game.

After a long grind for fans to continue to expect these guys to come out one last time is crazy.  They put their bodies through hell and earned a vacation.

Then again I would do away with the entire game and just vote an all pro team for the league and be done with it.

He has been to the super bowl most of the time, and u don't know if he had family issues to deal with

He has only been to the Superbowl three times in the last decade including this year. Forgive me, but I highly doubt that he had "family issues" for seven near consecutive years like that and it couldn't have waited an extra week to be dealt with. Brady simply didn't want to go which is a shame because clearly the fans wanted to see him play and he gave them the cold shoulder. It isn't a very grueling week by any means so its not like its a serious injury risk, he just didn't want to go.

Wish he did not go.  It is such a waste of time and a joke of a game.  No reason to put yourself in harms way if you do not have to.  I would not have blamed him if he skipped on it after the beating he took this season.  Enjoy your vacation and not waste your time on a meaningless game.

After a long grind for fans to continue to expect these guys to come out one last time is crazy.  They put their bodies through hell and earned a vacation.

Then again I would do away with the entire game and just vote an all pro team for the league and be done with it.

I don't mind him going. Its a good experience to be around and hang out with the rest of the pro-bowlers. He might even pick up a tip or two from some of the veterans. Its also a chance to establish relationships and those friendships can have an effect on stuff like free agency.