Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Swear To Peyton We're Tanking This Year

The Peytonator

Seriously. When I watch other defenses play, the corners are within 5 yards of the receiver before the snap. Our CBs are at least 7 yards off every single play. But you know what, that wouldn't be so bad, if at the snap they moved closer to the WR. Instead all they do is backpedal. Occasionally one will gain some balls and at least try to make a play on the ball, but it's obvious they are coached to just take a few steps back, let the WR make an easy catch for 7 yards, then make the tackle. This scheme relies on the hope that the WR drops the ball, or there's a fumbled snap, or by some ungodly occurance the ball gets tipped at the line and someone picks it off. The difference between a crap scheme like ours, and a good one like Baltimores, is that we hope something good happens, while Baltimore makes good things happen.

We have skilled players on our team. Tim Jennings was a castoff. A scrub. A roster casualty because everyone else was better than him. He was the Jacob Lacey of old. Now, he's a starter on the Bears, who by the way, play a Cover 2, and have been keeping themselves in games despite a completely anemic offense. While our offense sputters every posession, our defense should be able to do something. But they can't because they're playing in the worst scheme they could possibly play in.

It's pretty obvious that either Polian or Caldwell will die by this defensive scheme. I think it's Polian because when we promoted Caldwell, he seemed to be alright with moving away from the strictly Tampa 2 defensive scheme. He was the one that hired Coyer. If you ask me, Coyer got a raw deal. He was unable to use the players he wanted to, like Tryon, and was basically handcuffed into running the same bland, predictable scheme, every single play.

But you know what gripes me to know end. How Polian can defend this craptastic team he built by saying we've just had bad luck because of injuries. I even heard one of the commentators spew this garbage during the telecast. He said something about how we've got 17 guys on IR and 7 of them were starters. Apparently they don't do research they just parrot anything a God like Bill Polian says like it's fact. We have 3 starters on IR. I do not count Kerry Collins as a starter. The 3 starters would be Gary Brackett, Melvin Bullitt, and Jerraud Powers. Brackett's a good player but not the be-all-end-all of our defense. Melvin Bullitt is just an average safety, and David Caldwell/Joe Lefeged are not that much of a downgrade. Jerraud Powers just went to IR this week so you can't use him as an excuse.

I'm tired of Polian's excuses. In the past, when we were winning, he would use the ole 'can't use injuries as an excuse' card. Since we're 0-13, he needs something to defend himself. This needs to stop.

Jim Irsay, if you read the official Indianapolis Colts message board, do everyone a favor, and fire Bill Polian. Then fire Jim Caldwell and get somebody that does more than clap his hands and say 'Good job' when the offense goes 3-and-out. Then trade our number one draft pick for a plethora of picks. Draft someone like Barkley or Griffin so they can learn from the GOAT, all the while building a solid roster of guys that can shoulder some of the burden and not force Peyton Manning to carry the entire franchise on his back. I would sure like to see the GOAT get more than one SB in his career. Even though nobody else involved with the franchise, he at the very least does.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 12, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, March 12, 2012 - inflammatory

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS BRO?

How in the world are you even going to complain on anything about the Colts on the Colts page, when you're display photo is of Tom Brady? You should be ashamed of that, you shouldn't be on here with that picture up. That is not a Colts fan, you put the most hated QB to us up there? Get a clue man!

Seriously. When I watch other defenses play, the corners are within 5 yards of the receiver before the snap. Our CBs are at least 7 yards off every single play. But you know what, that wouldn't be so bad, if at the snap they moved closer to the WR. Instead all they do is backpedal. Occasionally one will gain some balls and at least try to make a play on the ball, but it's obvious they are coached to just take a few steps back, let the WR make an easy catch for 7 yards, then make the tackle. This scheme relies on the hope that the WR drops the ball, or there's a fumbled snap, or by some ungodly occurance the ball gets tipped at the line and someone picks it off. The difference between a crap scheme like ours, and a good one like Baltimores, is that we hope something good happens, while Baltimore makes good things happen.

We have skilled players on our team. Tim Jennings was a castoff. A scrub. A roster casualty because everyone else was better than him. He was the Jacob Lacey of old. Now, he's a starter on the Bears, who by the way, play a Cover 2, and have been keeping themselves in games despite a completely anemic offense. While our offense sputters every posession, our defense should be able to do something. But they can't because they're playing in the worst scheme they could possibly play in.

It's pretty obvious that either Polian or Caldwell will die by this defensive scheme. I think it's Polian because when we promoted Caldwell, he seemed to be alright with moving away from the strictly Tampa 2 defensive scheme. He was the one that hired Coyer. If you ask me, Coyer got a raw deal. He was unable to use the players he wanted to, like Tryon, and was basically handcuffed into running the same bland, predictable scheme, every single play.

But you know what gripes me to know end. How Polian can defend this craptastic team he built by saying we've just had bad luck because of injuries. I even heard one of the commentators spew this garbage during the telecast. He said something about how we've got 17 guys on IR and 7 of them were starters. Apparently they don't do research they just parrot anything a God like Bill Polian says like it's fact. We have 3 starters on IR. I do not count Kerry Collins as a starter. The 3 starters would be Gary Brackett, Melvin Bullitt, and Jerraud Powers. Brackett's a good player but not the be-all-end-all of our defense. Melvin Bullitt is just an average safety, and David Caldwell/Joe Lefeged are not that much of a downgrade. Jerraud Powers just went to IR this week so you can't use him as an excuse.

I'm tired of Polian's excuses. In the past, when we were winning, he would use the ole 'can't use injuries as an excuse' card. Since we're 0-13, he needs something to defend himself. This needs to stop.

Jim Irsay, if you read the official Indianapolis Colts message board, do everyone a favor, and fire Bill Polian. Then fire Jim Caldwell and get somebody that does more than clap his hands and say 'Good job' when the offense goes 3-and-out. Then trade our number one draft pick for a plethora of picks. Draft someone like Barkley or Griffin so they can learn from the GOAT, all the while building a solid roster of guys that can shoulder some of the burden and not force Peyton Manning to carry the entire franchise on his back. I would sure like to see the GOAT get more than one SB in his career. Even though nobody else involved with the franchise, he at the very least does.

dude go on the patriots forum...this is the indianapolis colts forum fyi

You guys must not understand humor. I'm a Colts fan. In the photo Tom Terrific is wearing Ugg boots, a distinctly feminine fashion choice. Seeing as how he is the spokesman for Men's Uggs, it is in comical jest that my profile pic is of Tom Brady in women's uggs.

Seriously, why would a Pats fan go on a rant about the state of the Colts defense, and use such pronouns as 'our' defense?

Also why would my name be The Peytonator????

You guys must not understand humor. I'm a Colts fan. In the photo Tom Terrific is wearing Ugg boots, a distinctly feminine fashion choice. Seeing as how he is the spokesman for Men's Uggs, it is in comical jest that my profile pic is of Tom Brady in women's uggs.

Seriously, why would a Pats fan go on a rant about the state of the Colts defense, and use such pronouns as 'our' defense?

Sorry. Just call me mr obvious :) Profile pic was not large enough to notice the ugg's and hey! What can I say? :eek:

They probably didn't read anything you posted and just looked at your picture.

LOL! I noticed the photoshopped Uggs. That's why I haven't said anything.

Get a clue man!

Hmmmm...

irony1.jpg

On topic though...

The Colts seem like they were 0-10 in September already. Whether orchestrated or not, the team is losing a lot of games because of what's happening inside the helmets. Just my opinion, so no offense... I just don't see a lot of fighting spirit.

Hmmmm...

irony1.jpg

On topic though...

The Colts seem like they were 0-10 in September already. Whether orchestrated or not, the team is losing a lot of games because of what's happening inside the helmets. Just my opinion, so no offense... I just don't see a lot of fighting spirit.

Hmmmm, lifeless, no fighting spirit, wonder where they get that. This is a different 0-13 team I swear no at 56th seems to care, all we get is we are banged up , no Manning, bla,bla bla. I remember when the Dolphins were 0-9 and the coach was saying publicly he was in a fight for his job, Jason Taylor was saying if he heard any even mention suck for Luck they would have to fight him. There are 6 or 7 teams with know more talent than the colts out there fighting and winning games. We seem to be not even trying at times, playing 7,8 yards off receivers stacking the line like we are 18 points ahead, mustering a mere 101 yards of offense after 3 quarters in an nfl game. Golly gee's and we are seeing improvements and six inches at a time nonsense has to go,cmon FO or Mr. Irsay show us some fire, it starting to seem nobody cares.

my bad lol long days i have had seriously...

If they aren't tanking the season, then they are pathetic beyond belief. I think the proof is on display every Sunday just about game time......

Look at it this way. It took Detroit decades of being horrible to finally turn in the perfect 0-16 season. Being the over achievers that we are, apparently, we did it in one. We were a perinnial playoff caliber team, who in one measly season have sunk to not just worst in the NFL, potentially worst all time. Explain that please? The loss of Manning was catastrophic, but with the talent we STILL have on this team, we should have been able to squeak out a victory or two.

There are many teams with less talent than the Colts that have won at least two games. (hint: every team but the Colts)

Kansas City fired their coach today, so the more pertinent question is, why do we still have Caldwell and company?

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS BRO?

How in the world are you even going to complain on anything about the Colts on the Colts page, when you're display photo is of Tom Brady? You should be ashamed of that, you shouldn't be on here with that picture up. That is not a Colts fan, you put the most hated QB to us up there? Get a clue man!

His picture has Brady wearing Uggs... I think it's a shot at Brady, not idolizing Brady.

Tanking?. I bet Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney will have a different answer.

How about we just accept that this team isnt good enough. Unfortunately, its the reality.

Good choice and can agree with alot for your rant. Im not sure if Polian needs to be fired but maybe he does.