Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

referees vs. broncos [Merge]

ColtStronger

Since the Colts won the football game it wasn't that big of a deal, but did anybody else notice several bad calls favoring the Broncos?  It just seemed like the refs tried everything to keep the Broncos close.  The game wasn't/shouldnt've been that close, but there were several bad calls/no calls that had critical results.

The refs sure let the CB's of Denver get extremely physical.  Don't get me wrong they did call alot (rightfully so), but there was a bunch they missed.  If thats the case against, NE we should be hitting Gronk 10-15 yards downfield to neutralize him. 

I was baffled when they tried calling that a fumble on Cribbs.  It was clearly down by contact, even in live motion, to me it was obvious.  I went absolutely insane, then to fuel the fire, the stupid announcers were saying it was a clearly a fumble.

There was another instance Colts went 3 and out, first 2 plays were holding or PI, but no calls.

Newsome got held real bad turning the corner on a play in the second half.

Colts CB's were just shadowing the Broncos WR's, but the Broncos CB's were playing the hands game alot.  Yes, they did get caught a couple times, but if the Broncos come back and win that game I would have been irate.  Way worse than the "controversial" calls in the Dallas Lions game.  In the end both teams got what they deserve an early vacation!

I didn't think the refs were that bad...

I remember two blatantly missed holding calls where the Broncos DB was tugging on the jersey of a Colts player.  One was on Hilton and the other on Fleener.  I also recall seeing a really bad hold on Walden at one point.  We won, so people aren't making as big a deal about it.

The NFL really needs to get its act together in terms of reffing.  People would criticize the replacement refs, but I think the criticism was magnified because they were replacements.  These actual refs are missing a lot of calls, but people don't say as much about it.  I really want to get the NFL's attention in regards to this, but I don't know how.  The NFL doesn't employ these refs full time; make these guys full time refs so they can get more experience and be more focused.

Lots of holding that wasn't called. Ticky-tacky calls on hands to the face when both players have their hands on each others facemasks at the same time. lol Just the normal annoying stuff that happens in every single game.

On that hands to the face call they missed a blatant late hit on luck. Phil Simms even said here's 15 for the colts on a roughing the passer. No call for that but they saw the penalty on Holmes that happens a foot away.

I'll differ to you all then. I certainly saw some missed calls, but thats to be expected. 

They were sure on top of everything the Colts screwed up on!  I mean 10-2 that's pretty lopsided, especially with everybody seeing holding/PI calls all game long.  Talib was burnt so bad, that's all he could do to not give up catches.  You would think at some point the refs would catch on.

I remember two blatantly missed holding calls where the Broncos DB was tugging on the jersey of a Colts player. One was on Hilton and the other on Fleener. I also recall seeing a really bad hold on Walden at one point. We won, so people aren't making as big a deal about it.

They succeeded in this because they had their body between the hold and the refs view.

Every teams fans blames the refs because there are always calls in every game that fans won't agree with, obviously. Its to the point now that I can't even take ref bashing seriously anymore. Even when it may be appropriate to bash the refs its like the boy who cried wolf.