Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rex Ryan to Atlanta?

Synthetic

I have a bad feeling about this

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/01/atlanta_falcons_coach_search_r_1.html#incart_story_package

The one thing Rex never had in NY was an offense. I believe he's a great coach. He tends to work miracles with barely any talent at all on defense. The Jets, despite being so bad this year, they did have some impressive games and barely lost a number of them where their defense played excellent.

In ATL, he would be inheriting an offense loaded with weapons, and a defense that despite being ranked last in the league, does have some potential.

The Saints had a rough time against Lovie twice this year (Bucs recorded 6 INT's total against the Saints this year). We got swept by Atlanta, including the second game that was a beat down where they came into the game, last in the league in sacks and managed to record 4 of them (and 3 turnovers).

I have a lot of respect for Rex Ryan and would hate to see him go to Atlanta but it's logical if they want a good coach.

I like Rex too and always did. He could help Atlanta......they need it.

But, the general NFL plan (and I approve of it) is to keep coaches with talent and potential off of the Texans, Titans and Jaguars so our division sweeps can continue for as long as possible.

I like Rex too and always did. He could help Atlanta......they need it.

But, the general NFL plan (and I approve of it) is to keep coaches with talent and potential off of the Texans, Titans and Jaguars so our division sweeps can continue for as long as possible.

I don't think you have to worry about that. 2 bad BB coaches in Houston, Jacksonville is more concerned about swimming pools in their stadium, and no one wants to go to Tennessee after they kicked Jeff Fisher away.

I wish the Saints had it like the Colts with such an easy division. I wouldn't have to stress all summer long about going into the Georgia Dome. lmao

I just remembered, the Saints did play the Jets in 2013, and I know we lost badly to them. 26-20 I think? Rumor was that Brees was hurt in that game, and they were all over him. Not a very fun experience. We played against Rex in 2009 too and he was the only one to hold Brees without a touchdown. We won 24-10, Darren Sharper had a pick 6 that sealed it. Forgettable game, but I do remember his defenses have played us tough. If we couldn't beat Atlanta once this year, this really concerns me.

I dont know about Rex to Atlanta.. Sounds like they like him

But Rex played in a bad weather division and he ran the ball to support his defense//

..He wouldnt do that in Atlanta..so his defense might not be as successful in Atlanta simply on time of possession..

I think a better fit would be San Francisco..which has the same style of team he had in NY

I have a bad feeling about this

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/01/atlanta_falcons_coach_search_r_1.html#incart_story_package

The one thing Rex never had in NY was an offense. I believe he's a great coach. He tends to work miracles with barely any talent at all on defense. The Jets, despite being so bad this year, they did have some impressive games and barely lost a number of them where their defense played excellent.

In ATL, he would be inheriting an offense loaded with weapons, and a defense that despite being ranked last in the league, does have some potential.

The Saints had a rough time against Lovie twice this year (Bucs recorded 6 INT's total against the Saints this year). We got swept by Atlanta, including the second game that was a beat down where they came into the game, last in the league in sacks and managed to record 4 of them (and 3 turnovers).

I have a lot of respect for Rex Ryan and would hate to see him go to Atlanta but it's logical if they want a good coach.

An interesting angle here is Scott Pioli is the GM there and his father-in-law is Bill Parcells. Word is Bill loves Rex. Makes sense as he is Bill's type of coach - defensive minded and players play hard for him.

I agree with everything you have in this post and I would be nervous of him coming there too. Matt Ryan is a vet so he won't have to develop him like he did with Sanchez and Smith in NY and they have great receivers. He will fix the defense and that team could really contend. I have to believe that he has learned many things from his time in NY and would be a better HC the second go around.

Maybe Rex would be suited better to be the defensive coordinator in Atlanta? Rex has repeatedly shown he don't know how to use or run an offense. With Rex's affection for the spotlight it might be best served not to be the main face of the Falcons. JMO.

winning 4 road playoff games and getting to 2 AFC Championship games with Mark Sanchez says otherwise.

If you ever need a laugh, go take a look at the offensive rosters from the Rex Ryan Jets.  mind numbingly terrible

winning 4 road playoff games and getting to 2 AFC Championship games with Mark Sanchez says otherwise.

If you ever need a laugh, go take a look at the offensive rosters from the Rex Ryan Jets.  mind numbingly terrible

If he was so good then why the huge let down? He didn't get better with time.

He was interviewed for the job the last time Atlanta had an opening (they chose Smith). I actually think he would be a good fit. OC takes care of the offense which although it has some issues on the line and an aging White is still decent with Ryan and Jones. At least enough that he should be able to just focus on that defense. He has worked with less. He also seems to have a players personality as far as coaches go and I think he could win over the locker room pretty quickly. While he may never be a Bill Belicheck master coach...he certainly can manage end of games better than Atlantas last coach....ugh just a disaster.

Maybe Rex would be suited better to be the defensive coordinator in Atlanta? Rex has repeatedly shown he don't know how to use or run an offense. With Rex's affection for the spotlight it might be best served not to be the main face of the Falcons. JMO.

He doesn't have to run the offense....just hire a good OC.....kinda like Dungy in Indy. Trestman would seem to be a great fit for Matt Ryan.

He doesn't have to run the offense....just hire a good OC.....kinda like Dungy in Indy. Trestman would seem to be a great fit for Matt Ryan.

there is talk about that out of Chicago...I was wrong about that...I didn't think anyone would touch him..

but.folks still like Tretsman a lot...he's mentioned with a few teams

there is talk about that out of Chicago...I was wrong about that...I didn't think anyone would touch him..but.folks still like Tretsman a lot...he's mentioned with a few teams

Just one of those guys that's a coordinator and not a HC

And the winner for the services of Rex Ryan appears to be........

Buffalo!!

Atlanta has reportedly been slow to decide and what's the saying -- you snooze, you lose!

Well,  Rex is reportedly on the verge of signing a 5 year, $27.5m deal.   ($5.5 per)

Not sure where else Atlanta may turn......

And the winner for the services of Rex Ryan appears to be........

Buffalo!!

Atlanta has reportedly been slow to decide and what's the saying -- you snooze, you lose!

Well,  Rex is reportedly on the verge of signing a 5 year, $27.5m deal.   ($5.5 per)

Not sure where else Atlanta may turn......

I still think Atlanta was a better fit NCF.  He still has an offensive problem and he is a defensive guy.  I am glad the Bills are going for it.  Imagine if Polian had excepted the GM job in Buffalo....WOW......EGOOOOOOs

I still think Atlanta was a better fit NCF.  He still has an offensive problem and he is a defensive guy.  I am glad the Bills are going for it.  Imagine if Polian had excepted the GM job in Buffalo....WOW......EGOOOOOOs

Rex and Polian = Oil and Water